Hacking 8.1J N3DS with Gateway MSET + Red Card: Update to 9.2J?

lostinlymbo

Trophies
XP
Country
OK. So, I've got my wife's 9.9J N3ds in hand.
In the mail, a Sky3ds+, Gateway, and my 8.1J.

I'll downgrade the wife's to 9.2. Do Oot/CN (sky3ds) on there to get into GW and save.
On mine, boot into GW from Sky3ds. Follow the update steps in the manual.
From there, I'll have GW mode, and Emunand working.
To run Profi 200 I do.... well, if you can help with this I'd be grateful, but I am proactively Googling too.

My long run goal is to have Homebrew/region free and be able to play online.

I'm also looking at the server update guide, but I've never done anything like that computer wise.

Last thought, thanks for dealing with the uninitiated. I was nice and happy when I found an N3ds on yahoo auctions that actually listed the firmware version. Should have googled before buying. :/

Drona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK. So, I've got my wife's 9.9J N3ds in hand.
In the mail, a Sky3ds+, Gateway, and my 8.1J.

I'll downgrade the wife's to 9.2. Do Oot/CN (sky3ds) on there to get into GW and save.
On mine, boot into GW from Sky3ds. Follow the update steps in the manual.
From there, I'll have GW mode, and Emunand working.
To run Profi 200 I do.... well, if you can help with this I'd be grateful, but I am proactively Googling too.

My long run goal is to have Homebrew/region free and be able to play online.

I'm also looking at the server update guide, but I've never done anything like that computer wise.

Last thought, thanks for dealing with the uninitiated. I was nice and happy when I found an N3ds on yahoo auctions that actually listed the firmware version. Should have googled before buying. :/

You'll need a CIA manager to install profi200/sysUpdater.
FBI.3ds would be perfect since you have GW.
You must then create a folder named updates at the root of your SD,put your 9.2 files inside,boot GW sysnand mode (by holding b then pressing a) and then launching sysupdater.

Maybe you should wait a step by step tutorial.
I'll try to write one when I'll find some time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E