Hacking 6.2.0 - Renix, Atmosphere, SX OS which one to use?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Genuine question: Dont we have a homebrew app that allow us to install XCI games as NSP? Like Tinfoil for XCIs? Then XCI games can have the advantage of a NSP and still have the properties of an XCI, right?

What i mean is that one (XCI) can be used both ways but not the other (NSP) so why/how would NSP be better? That is not talking about the other stuff, like drag and drop, no installation time, etc. Thats my opinion anyways, if you like NSP then good for you.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Genuine question: Dont we have a homebrew app that allow us to install XCI games as NSP? Like Tinfoil for XCIs? Then XCI games can have the advantage of a NSP and still have the properties of an XCI, right?

What i mean is that one (XCI) can be used both ways but not the other (NSP) so why/how would NSP be better? That is not talking about the other stuff, like drag and drop, no installation time, etc. Thats my opinion anyways, if you like NSP then good for you.
I believe we do. However it's quite unreliable and hasn't been updated since release. I recommend using 4NXCI if you're going to convert it. Keep in mind you'll need your keys dumped before hand to convert.

Reactions: alexj9626

Aniblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not every dev/user that calls out TX is a pirate.
Hence the last sentence in my post you quoted.

Devs like SciresM don't code for piracy though, hence the openly available source code. I think everyone just need to chill and shut the fuck up though, because it's not helping the community as a whole. Yeah, you win the argument of which CFW is better, but then you lose half your community (devs and users alike).
I know my dude, hence the final sentence in my post (about devs not all coding for piracy). There's a lot of people on here calling TX out with a holier than thou attitude for stealing software. Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: altorn

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada

I've been using the old version of "dOPUS" that allowed me to install XCI's as NSP's into ReiNX CFW. I'm not sure if it works on recent games and firmwares though, since I'm still in OFW 5.1.

Reactions: alexj9626

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, we already know how Atmosphere’s emunand implementation will work, and it’s a factually better way of doing it, than SX’s emunand implementation is.

The argument was about SX having emunand and atmosphere doesn't. That is true no matter how great atmosphere's implementation will be when it's done.

No, it has all the disadvantages of stupid NSP and none of the advantages of XCI.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last one isn't true. There's a Retroarch NSP as well. Also SX Installer isn't on the home screen either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's not true... Do you still live in June 15th?

You tell me how to switch from online OFW to CFW and then back to OFW without SX OS. Tell me your TRUE answer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You really need to learn what CFW is. Without Atmosphere, there would be nothing.

linux doesnt depend on atmosphere, so we would continue having linux.

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything is better than SX because they are free and free is the whole point of pirating. Of course those who already pay for it won't admit that and lie to themself that they got what they pay for so they don't regret paying for free stuff.

Well if the goal is piracy, SX pays for itself with literally one pirated, AAA game.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You really need to learn what CFW is. Without Atmosphere, there would be nothing.

I know what CFW is & what contribution Atmosphere has had, but Atmosphere isn't really CFW.

It needs to be installed like OFW and boot without any extra hardware to be CFW and none of them are like that.

However if you go by the the incorrect definition of CFW that you wish to use then Atmosphere, ReiNX & SX OS are all CFW.

The only reason anyone calls it CFW is because CFW is really cool and you think this is really cool, but you're prevented from having CFW & so you pretend and call it CFW anyway.

This seems to have morphed into Atmosphere is CFW and the rest aren't because CFW is really cool and Atmosphere is really cool and the rest are just wannabes & therefore not cool, therefore only Atmosphere is CFW.

Changing facts because of what you think is cool is kinda delusional.

Last edited by smf,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and i maybe dumb to say it now buuut people who say NSP takes double space....dumb...just use a hdd or usb copy nsp on it install with Tinfoil so no double space

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and i maybe dumb to say it now buuut people who say NSP takes double space....dumb...just use a hdd or usb copy nsp on it install with Tinfoil so no double space

You've literally just described double space. sd+hdd/usb compared to just sd

Those devices are physically bigger & so carrying them around with you is less practical.

Last edited by smf,

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only 'delusion' is you fail to comprehend what a CFW is.

I know exactly what a CFW is. I know exactly what Atmosphere is. Atmosphere is not a CFW, it is a set of patches to Horizon OS.

anything other than Atmosphere is a STARTER PACK.

Making up names again for things that already exist. They are obviously distributions.

Delusion is strong in you. Put me on ignore, I don't care. It will just lock you further into the delusion.

Last edited by smf,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know exactly what a CFW is. I know exactly what Atmosphere is. Atmosphere is not a CFW, it is a set of patches to Horizon OS.
No it isn't? It does have some patches, but most of Atmosphere are complete reimplementations of specific sysmodules and secmon, and it will reimplement the kernel in the near future

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it isn't? It does have some patches, but most of Atmosphere are complete reimplementations of specific sysmodules and secmon, and it will reimplement the kernel in the near future

I was talking about the OS as a whole, if you don't consider replacing one sysmodule as patching the OS then sure.

You could replace all the sysmodules and it still wouldn't make it firmware.

What makes a CFW is that you can replace the firmware of the device and boot without additional hardware.

Last edited by smf,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the OS as a whole, if you don't consider replacing one sysmodule as patching the OS then sure.

You could replace all the sysmodules and it still wouldn't make it firmware.

What makes a CFW is that you can replace the firmware of the device and boot without additional hardware.
By that logic, there's no CFW for any console ._.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you work for tx?

a 400gb sd card is all you need when you want your device to be portable, considering 98% of my gameplay is in handheld (had the switch for 10 months, plugged the dock in last week for the first time) it means its pointless to me to have a hard drive plugged in. i played zelda inc dlc on the switch in handheld mode and same with mario. so again, hdd is useless to me.
as for wearing out an sd slot, you can stop dribbling rubbish in the forums. you aint going to wear it out. you will wear out your usb port before you wear out the sd card slot.

so if you want to claim that the best $30 is spent for hdd support, yeah maybe for you, for me, i will never use it.

to go one better, i have sxos as well and well i use kosmos. if sxos was the be all and end all of cfw i would use it, but i dont.
if you give me a decent reason to go back, i would but for me, my cfw works perfect for what i do and its free for everyone.
oh but it has tinfoil, yep, woopty doo. plenty of software around now to copy/move files and install nsp/xci.

you will be better of spending your time praising on the TX forums as they may care. most on gbatemp wont.

people can use what they want. but your post would turn me off from using sxos. you make there community seem toxic.

keep sticking that dongle into your switch, you will wear out that precious usb port :wacko:

what you should be saying is its the easiest firmware to setup and get going. which it is. now thats a better selling point to me then a lot of jibber about 5tb of pirated crap on a hard drive.

I find that hard to believe after 10 months you've docked your switch for the first time ;),
98% of your game play is handheld, so 2% is docked and you've only used the dock last week ?

i'd say my kids use the dock 75% of the time becuase its connected to a 50in TV and has a external 4TB hard with 100s of games on it.

that might not be a selling point to you but i think many use and want usb loading.

I think you'll find more people have problems with faulty sd slots than the usb port.

but you cant use XCI files unless you convert or 'install' it , and why do these programs exist if there is not a demand for XCI files ?

also I think many do care about TX on Gbatemp you only have to look at the number of posts concerning SX and from what GrayOPA posted they've had sales of over 250,000 licenses.

your right people can use what they want, but there are many TX haters on here and HunterB i'm sure will claim to be one of them, just look at his previous posts. in many SX threads he will post his TX hate. yet I dont go in Atmos or REi threads and slag them off.

the dongle I hardly ever after use, after what 5 months of using SX I've probably used it 20 times, even less now becuase i can copy games straight onto the external hdd and with the SX utils.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that logic, there's no CFW for any console ._.
Technically the 3ds/switch cfws are not real cfw. Systems like ps3 and psp have full custom os's you install onto the system and do not use files on the sd card. But people refer to things like luma/atmosphere as cfw because its easier than "custom modules coded to replace nintendos and running off of the sd card"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol