"5 Torrent Files That Broke Mind Boggling Records"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by dice, Nov 7, 2010.

1. dice
    OP

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    Source: TorrentFreak

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Interesting facts. I haven't use a torrent in years.... Horrible things [​IMG]

Heroes doesn't deserve the top spot though! [​IMG]

3. Delta517

Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Nov 25, 2008
    Norway
    Petabyte? [​IMG] Thats the first time I have ever heard about that one. [​IMG]

Cool facts though. [​IMG]

4. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Surely the names of the various torrent sites littered throughout that post should be removed?

5. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    That was quite an interesting read. I never would have thought Heroes was that popular [​IMG]

6. injected11

injected11 Crescent Fresh™

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    Season 1 was good. The following 4 seasons sucked. Terrible writing.

7. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    i guess i can understand house as there are still massive no. of users downloading every episode on torrent
    i have also seen starcraft having many users who are seeding it and infact although it is 7gb+, the seeders are greater than the leechers

8. tigris

tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

Jun 19, 2010
    The Tibetan Himalayas
    Well, looks like I'm going to skip off to TPB and download Heroes.S03E01.HDTV.XviD-0TV

9. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    I'm pretty sure that the "Buccaneer Harbour" needs to be edited out

10. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    I was going to say the same. [​IMG]

11. JonthanD

JonthanD GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2010
    United States
    Sitting
    I would have thought MAME would have the most files but MAME is like 3 or 4 torrents to get it "all"...

That and like 180GB's of free hard drive space lol

12. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania

And what would you suggest?

Direct downloads are almost always broken into separate parts and uploaded to lame upload sites. They're also hard to find and can time out easily often with no way of recovering your progress in the download.

Lime/Frostwire? Hahaha, fail.

eMule? Obsolete by now.

XDCC file transfers over IRC? I use these. They're great, I get all my TV shows from on certain network. But they don't have everything.

Am I missing anything?

13. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    Need Matrix ASCII Torrent NAO!!!!

14. SuperMarioMaster

SuperMarioMaster GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2010
    United States
    Galloway, NJ
    746.70 GB?! The people who downloaded that must of waited years! I can imagine it now...

"1 Century, 50 years, 57 weeks and 365 days left until download!"

15. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    A torrent site that I frequent has torrents with file sizes in the terabytes. This article isn't comprehensive.

16. Gariscus

Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Jun 5, 2009
    Usenet.

17. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    *Breathes Deeply* Ahhhh...Shareza, how you kept me at my mother's shop downloading p0rn and p0rn. I have been downloading from AOL games to torrents. Yes, it even amazes me how we can share from each other w/o being denied. I saw Cowboy Bebop: The Movie on a torrent file, I saw all the episodes of Love Hina, Love Hina Again, and Chobits from Bearshare. Then hentai from La Blue Girl. Yes! I can see it now all those wonderous moments. Right now, torrents are getting bigger and more compressed as seeders/leachers RACING to go download it only to find viruses invading their PC's.

Bejeweled 2 was like muffins and pancakes made a baby. It was very addicting...

Posts merged

*Breathes Deeply* Ahhhh...Shareza, how you kept me at my mother's shop downloading p0rn and p0rn. I have been downloading from AOL games to torrents. Yes, it even amazes me how we can share from each other w/o being denied. I saw Cowboy Bebop: The Movie on a torrent file, I saw all the episodes of Love Hina, Love Hina Again, and Chobits from Bearshare. Then hentai from La Blue Girl. Yes! I can see it now all those wonderous moments. Right now, torrents are getting bigger and more compressed as seeders/leachers RACING to go download it only to find viruses invading their PC's.

Bejeweled 2 was like muffins and pancakes made a baby. It was very addicting...

18. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Direct downloads can definitely be a hassle when split into separate sections, but they have a more stable download rate than torrents. I never bothered with Limewire, was just a complete failure of a download service in my opinion. eMule (e2dk) is actually still a common way of file distribution in China, and other parts of Asia. Some Chinese sites that host pirated games and movies often upload them so they can only be downloaded using eMule.

19. GundamXXX

GundamXXX Ergo Ego

Sep 25, 2007
    Australia
    I prefer XDCC but since the disbanding of the biggest XDCC searchsites I cant be assed to look for any good sites (packetnews and ircspy RIP [​IMG] )

Torrents also are ,ore abundant and you can find what your looking for easier.

But the old style p2p like LImeWire (which is no long there anyway) and KaZaa are stupid -_-

But still private FTP from a uni 100/100mbit line is still the best ;D

20. Maplemage

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Sep 23, 2008
    Why would you care?
    I'd be capped with the first 10GB >.>