Hacking 5.5.0 progress

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, if there was a huge international raid, I bet there would be some news about that by more then a few major news agencies, not just by an anonymous blog-like site (all the articles are made by one person, and there isn't any source for that information). Secondly, wouldn't they just sue them, instead of making huge raids (I'm not sure about this, just my thought)?

Best regards,
Davor

Maxconsole has been around for a while and encompasses a LOT of hacking news sites and forums and have broke stories before that were true. I wouldn't take them as anonymous blog at all, but I wouldn't put it past them to make clickbait articles to draw hits to sell their gearbest crap. Why I asked here to see if anyone heard from somewhere else thats reliable.

Yeah, I'm calling bull. Why would they waste their time on something small? It's not like it's attacking the company directly. Besides, wouldn't they have done this when Xbox 360 got the Jtag/RGH or the PS3 with the Jailbreak? I believe this is just trying to scare people.

Sony did go after a LOT of devs, Geohot, Graf Chokolo. They also sued DMS guys who ran divineo as well as shut down liksang from importing their products. They have no barriers.. Nintendo has in the past went after people who made carts too, I think they took down quite a few reseller sites a few years back. This is the next evolution to take out public devs. Also Hykem hasn't updated the wii brew wiki since the 3rd and his twitter disappeared overnight. Hes either running with the news or some shit actually happened. I would assume the first as I'm doubtful they would delete his protected twitter but either way it don't look like his IOSU will hit public release status any time soon.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maxconsole has been around for a while and encompasses a LOT of hacking news sites and forums and have broke stories before that were true. I wouldn't take them as anonymous blog at all, but I wouldn't put it past them to make clickbait articles to draw hits to sell their gearbest crap. Why I asked here to see if anyone heard from somewhere else thats reliable.

Sony did go after a LOT of devs, Geohot, Graf Chokolo. They also sued DMS guys who ran divineo as well as shut down liksang from importing their products. They have no barriers.. Nintendo has in the past went after people who made carts too, I think they took down quite a few reseller sites a few years back. This is the next evolution to take out public devs. Also Hykem hasn't updated the wii brew wiki since the 3rd and his twitter disappeared overnight. Hes either running with the news or some shit actually happened. I would assume the first as I'm doubtful they would delete his protected twitter but either way it don't look like his IOSU will hit public release status any time soon.
What could he be plotting?

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My theory is that he doesn't have the time to develop, and is hiding from getting flamed. If this maxconsole theory were to be true, there were many others being attacked before him. Sony is much more active in this department.

Yellow8 and smealum have released many stuff on a much more successful Nintendo Console. No way is a company going to spend resources on an almost dead console.

Last edited by jmrodrigues,

kaotik2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The twitter page being deleted indicates something has happened or is happening. Also Hykem has not been signed into IRQ all day and he's usually always in that place.

You would think with his redNAND video and proof that he has IOSU Nintendo would also be looking at smealum even before Hykem. Smea's Twitter is still active and not been made private.

I hope all this is bullshit but with that twitter page being deleted something doesn't feel right.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or Hykem is just fed up with people harassing him and is just going off the grid for a while. Also likely.
A nice troll back, I approve :P

But yeah, it seems weird to me, raiding someone is one thing, but an international raid for soon to be released hacks? Seems way too big.
Also this would most certainly be illegal in Europe :3

Last edited by deinonychus71,

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A nice troll back, I approve :P

But yeah, it seems weird to me, raiding someone is one thing, but an international raid for soon to be released hacks? Seems way too big.
Also this would be illegal in Europe :3
Well I just know his twitter was getting clogged with the same shit he was getting here after a point. All of his threads, his actual profile page, and his twitter were all filled with people calling him everything short of the anti Christ and accusing him of lying about the exploit to straight up working for Nintendo. I know I'd probably get rid of all ways to contact me if it was nothing but harassment too.

Reactions: BossRoss93

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt be surprised if it was cancelled. It appears to be another case of 3ds kernel time machine syndrome. Everyone was being a prick to hykem, so he quit.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well I just know his twitter was getting clogged with the same shit he was getting here after a point. All of his threads, his actual profile page, and his twitter were all filled with people calling him everything short of the anti Christ and accusing him of lying about the exploit to straight up working for Nintendo. I know I'd probably get rid of all ways to contact me if it was nothing but harassment too.
Talking about those people, I had a conversation with another guy about someone who say said nasty things, a few days later (s)he deleted his rant about JustPingo along with his twitter account.

I actuall conspire these whiners are actually hired secretly by Nintendo to annoy devs on purpose.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why don't you simply go down to the basement and play with poison?
You would do mankind a favour.
It's so annoying to read your whining for weeks now...

geez.

If genis really gone and we won't get anything then it's because of guys like you...
Actually I'm surprised that mods haven't banned or suspended him yet given the amount of shitpost he made.

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe he has delivered to someone, maybe he wants it for himself, maybe he hasn't completed it, who knows...
I've been around for enough time to know that these things tend to appear without any time frames, or any notifications. Whenever someone who hasn't any history of releasing anything previously, says that has something, 99.99% of the time it's bull.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Maybe he has delivered to someone, maybe he wants it for himself, maybe he hasn't completed it, who knows...
I've been around for enough time to know that these things tend to appear without any time frames, or any notifications. Whenever someone who hasn't any history of releasing anything previously, says that has something, 99.99% of the time it's bull.
He made a webkit exploit for the Vita before the Wii U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or if i have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...