Status
Not open for further replies.

blackgroup47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler, just so that I know if i can get excited or not, how feasible is it to play BOTW on Erista at 60fps with your mod and if so, at what resolution?
at ST6+, even 60fps at 540p, but you can also at st6, there will also be 60fps with drops in the most difficult situations.
Post automatically merged:

Your system, not anyone elses. Keep that in mind.
Because people that know what they are talking about say that running an erista cpu at 2295 or higher can actually damage the cpu AND running ram above 2100 has a big risk of corrupting the nand in some way. The risk on that older hardware is A LOT higher than you think. Even running the cpu at 2091mhz pulls too much power from the battery in handheld mode and will degrade that rapidly.
Then I have a question. Why do you need this topic? if you are so afraid for your console, then do not use overclocking. And explain to me how a frequency of 2295 can harm my processor with undervolting? That's how much I don't try to kill my nand, or how it doesn't work out ...

Reactions: NakedLemon

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people that know what they are talking about say that running an erista cpu at 2295 or higher can actually damage the cpu AND running ram above 2100 has a big risk of corrupting the nand in some way. The risk on that older hardware is A LOT higher than you think. Even running the cpu at 2091mhz pulls too much power from the battery in handheld mode and will degrade that rapidly.
The SOC is actually fine with these insane clocks, but the power delivery systems on the board would rather shoot themselves. 2.295ghz on cpu maxes out the 15A regulator limit anyway, but that doesn't matter since by itself its already drawing like 15-17W and doing anything will push the switch over its 18W power draw limit.

at ST6+, even 60fps at 540p, but you can also at st6, there will also be 60fps with drops in the most difficult situations.

Then I have a question. Why do you need this topic? if you are so afraid for your console, then do not use overclocking. And explain to me how a frequency of 2295 can harm my processor with undervolting? That's how much I don't try to kill my nand, or how it doesn't work out ...
Undervolting? when has anyone said that you can harm a cpu by undervolting it. You don't, you can cause things like false frequencies when the voltage is too low (ie it says its running at 2.091 but its actually running at 2.003-2.009) or make it run at the frequency you want but its throwing so many errors that you just end up getting worse performance. The one thing about NAND and SD though is that faster DRAM clocks if they're unstable can and will in many causes corrupt the filesystem.

Which is why you overvolt and fine tune your dram clocks because silicon lotteries exist. I have a sample size of about like 4 consoles, all Erista and while all of them reached 1.8 on ram just fine, by 1.9 only one didn't need overvolting, and every console had some variation of it. Not a huge difference mind you but its not like this was a one size fits all solution.

Last edited by Anxiety_timmy,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So @Cooler3D basically revive the kazu project as a "safe" option for oc and will continue his spin on OC? I mean as an alt account of his this sound pretty nice. :X

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

nickseta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Undervolting? when has anyone said that you can harm a cpu by undervolting it. You don't, you can cause things like false frequencies when the voltage is too low (ie it says its running at 2.091 but its actually running at 2.003-2.009) or make it run at the frequency you want but its throwing so many errors that you just end up getting worse performance. The one thing about NAND and SD though is that faster DRAM clocks if they're unstable can and will in many causes corrupt the filesystem.
Maybe you're right. But 4IFIR has different configurations (the degree of change timings and voltage) and different frequency options. It is quite possible to choose the right one for you.

Reactions: xHR

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
"AUTO_ADJ_MARIKO_SAFE", "AUTO_ADJ_MARIKO_4266" and all your Stages above 1932 MHz crashes.

Great news, your console with K4U6E3S4AA-MGCL memory depending on the silicon lottery runs great at 2400MHz/2496MHz on RAM, with blazing fast timings, at very modest voltages. Moreover, even 3733 rated K4U6E3S4AM_MGCJ works at 2400 MHz from Stage 6 without the slightest problem. Actually, Stage 6 is just optimized for low-quality, slow memory.

The problem you're experiencing is because you neglected the simple installation instructions, breaking the integrity of the 4IFIR. If it were possible to fit the features implemented in the project into a KIP file, believe me, I would not include a custom Atmosphere with a custom bootloader in the 4IFIR.

Reactions: Venomzver

BigBilly

Trophies
XP
Country
Haiti
I want to say a big thank you to Cooler 3D. I did not expect such amazing performance from my Erista. Playing the witcher has become a real pleasure!

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So @Cooler3D basically revive the kazu project as a "safe" option for oc and will continue his spin on OC? I mean as an alt account of his this sound pretty nice. :X

Something like that. This is the least I can do for a project that is the basis of my own development.

I will support the KazushiMe project (and the infrastructure around it, like a full-fledged repository and an online configurator) with compatibility updates (and bug fixes), not because it is safer than 4IFIR, but as a tribute to a great developer who inspired me to develop my project. Such a grandiose work as OC Suite should not sink into oblivion just because some half-wits deliberately hounded its author, pursuing the goal of canceling the project, as they did with many promising CFW developments before. Now they'll have to deal with me if they want to commit reputational suicide.

In terms of security, I don't have full OC Suite statistics, but I don't have the slightest reason to consider it dangerous. Moreover, I have no reason to believe that 4IFIR can be dangerous, which provides much greater performance than the first, managing to fit into a noticeably smaller TDP. Even at maximum frequencies (which in 4IFIR provide significantly greater performance than its younger brother), the console fits into an average TDP around ~10 watts, which even the battery provides without the slightest effort. However, relying on my opinion is not required when there is an argument more weighty than anyone opinion:

What kind of danger can we talk about, with statistics of:

"0 recorded cases of irreversible damage to the console, with more than 2 million. downloads total".

I am writing a detailed answer, not so much for you, but for myself, in order to refer to this message in the future, if another madman decides to explain to me what danger is. Only an insane person will start a debate by discussing a non-existent problem.

Both projects will continue to exist independently, also for the reason that putting OC Suite users in front of a choice: 4IFIR, or nothing, an act below my dignity. If someone is used to OC Suite, and for some reason does not trust 4IFIR, this is his personal choice, I have no right to decide for others. I believe that there should be a choice, and I will provide this opportunity.

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Great news, your console with K4U6E3S4AA-MGCL memory depending on the silicon lottery runs great at 2400MHz/2496MHz on RAM, with blazing fast timings, at very modest voltages. Moreover, even 3733 rated K4U6E3S4AM_MGCJ works at 2400 MHz from Stage 6 without the slightest problem. Actually, Stage 6 is just optimized for low-quality, slow memory.

The problem you're experiencing is because you neglected the simple installation instructions, breaking the integrity of the 4IFIR. If it were possible to fit the features implemented in the project into a KIP file, believe me, I would not include a custom Atmosphere with a custom bootloader in the 4IFIR.

I have tried it with your complete package, not just the kip.
But it is not stable and crashes really fast in Kirby on Stage 5, 6 and 6+

Last edited by swutch,

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

4IFIR hasn't had Stage 5 for a long time. The behavior of the console you describe is impossible, this is known to any user of 4IFIR on Mariko. I insist that your console is perfectly capable of running at 2400 MHz from memory and even more, with moderate voltages, with fast timings. Write to me in Telegram @Cooler3D, we will find out where you made a mistake and debug your problem. I will be happy to help.

Reactions: NakedLemon

Venomzver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried it with your complete package, not just the kip.
What version do you have installed? ST-5 has not been in the new version for a month now. You are doing something wrong.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What version do you have installed? ST-5 has not been in the new version for a month now. You are doing something wrong.

Right now I'm debugging his problem with him. We'll find out soon.

UPD 2. Created a custom stage for him. His console has ~ok memory, 2400 MHz worked stably, but he was not very lucky with the GPU. For all the time of development, only twice I came across such chips. Picked up for him compatible parameters. Too bad that's all I can do to help him at the moment.

Last edited by Cooler3D,
Reactions: Venomzver

blackgroup47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's your choice, but why risk your console for a slight boost? If the chance of damaging your switch is worth those gains then go for it, but it's a gamble
Slight boost? Of course, I won’t get facts from you, right? yes, they most likely will not be .. since I myself have already made sure that the performance of my console (erista) has increased, and I can confirm this fact at any time, just by taking my console in my hands. Such people remind me of players who say that the game is bad, just by seeing the screenshots of this game and not even playing it...

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
HOS16 compatible release of OC Suite, which KazushiMe didn't have time to finish, is almost ready. Including compatible configurator for this release:

1.png

(bonus) I also added partial compatibility with 4IFIR stages to the OC Suite configurator. For those who want to experiment.

P.S. What is the irony that the development of OC Suite now has to be handled by me...

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
HOS16 compatible release of OC Suite, which KazushiMe didn't have time to finish, is almost ready. Including compatible configurator for this release:

(bonus) I also added partial compatibility with 4IFIR stages to the OC Suite configurator. For those who want to experiment.

P.S. What is the irony that the development of OC Suite now has to be handled by me...
Is it backward compatible i mean if I don't want to update firmware can i update oc :D?

Reactions: Cooler3D

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is it backward compatible i mean if I don't want to update firmware can i update oc :D?

Of course. Both OC Suite and 4IFIR are backwards compatible with older firmware.
P.S. Let's get started::

Switch-OC-Suite 1.5.0 (pre-release)
The minimum required to get started (later - more):

sintez.io/configurator
cloud.sintez.io/oc-suite

If you find critical problems, let me know, I'll fix it.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

MrNiceDonovan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course. Both OC Suite and 4IFIR are backwards compatible with older firmware.

sintez.io/configurator
cloud.sintez.io/oc-suite

Amazing work man, I'm guessing your repo is still private?

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

sintez.io/configurator
cloud.sintez.io/oc-suite

Nice man, is there an expected date for an official full release? also, since I don't understand this scene so much, is it noob friendly when trying to OC my Erista for playing certain games with higher frames? (BOTW for example as I stated before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q