Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomzver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well friends. I installed and tried chifir. tested for a long time. this is a great addition to the atmosphere. better than switch os. the witcher goes without soap. thanks cooler for a great product. I'm waiting for an update from a 45Hz monitor. I've been playing mainly since 1020/877/1996 on chifir 1.1 and 1.2 and 1.3, the console has become 3 times more powerful, probably judging by the graphics, on a battery, and consumption has increased by only 1 watt. it's on witcher!!! excellent result.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I advise those who wish to join not to rush with the installation if you have not used 4IFIR before. Wait a day or two, please, I'll try to make the post of the project clear and informative.

At a minimum, before installation, you should familiarize yourself with the list of requirements and the procedure for installing / activating stages. Despite the common roots with OC Suite, these are projects with different positioning, solving different problems. In other words, this is not something like OC Suite on steroids.

Soon, I hope you will find my development useful.

For emulation, old games from the PAL region are designed for 50fps/Hz.
Not every game in HOS, by default, is able to work correctly at a modified display refresh rate. Games with game logic tied to frame time, like Nintendo games, require modifications at the configuration level.

As for HOS emulators, they almost certainly won't work as you would expect at 50 hertz. Most likely (almost certainly) for correct operation at an alternative display frequency, emulators will have to be modified at the source code level. Unfortunately, I will not be able to do this soon, there are higher priority development goals, but you can ask someone who has experience with RetroArch sources and also understands the Hekate bootloader code (he can change the display frequency from there). It will take such a developer much less time than me to solve a PAL issue.

Or, you can wait for the public release of Android on 4IFIR, which is in my development. For emulators, it will suit much better than HOS, getting them to work correctly at 50 hertz is easier in Android (at least for me).

Sorry, that's all I can offer.

There is a link to erista?
Soon, in the topic header, along with instructions.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

fwannmacher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I saw some bundles out there with overclock + tinfoil + atmosphere + whatever else... If possible, please, release packages like oc suite where there is only the minimum for it to work and not bundled with atmosphere + other stuff.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not every game in HOS, by default, is able to work correctly at a modified display refresh rate. Games with game logic tied to frame time, like Nintendo games, require modifications at the configuration level.

As for HOS emulators, they almost certainly won't work as you would expect at 50 hertz. Most likely (almost certainly) for correct operation at an alternative display frequency, emulators will have to be modified at the source code level. Unfortunately, I will not be able to do this soon, there are higher priority development goals, but you can ask someone who has experience with RetroArch sources and also understands the Hekate bootloader code (he can change the display frequency from there). It will take such a developer much less time than me to solve a PAL issue.

Or, you can wait for the public release of Android on 4IFIR, which is in my development. For emulators, it will suit much better than HOS, getting them to work correctly at 50 hertz is easier in Android (at least for me).

Sorry, that's all I can offer.
Thanks for the response. Yeah I wouldn't expect or have any particular desire to get native Switch games working at 50Hz.

The reason I started wondering awhile ago about clocking the display to 50Hz for emulators is that Retroarch added support for 50Hz display mode on certain other handheld devices which already had the hardware capability, to allow accurate reproduction of PAL games. So the code allowing it at the emulation level is already a part of Retroarch, it would just need enabling and adapting to be used on Switch, if the 50Hz mode could already be enabled at the OS and hardware level.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh also my take on this. Please make it so that the starting DRAM frequency is something low like 1.8 and have a configurator that customizes that so we don't have people insta bricking their consoles by having 2.4ghz enabled.
Post automatically merged:

Oh btw does anyone have an archive of the old switch oc suite online configurator?

Last edited by Anxiety_timmy,

Seph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh also my take on this. Please make it so that the starting DRAM frequency is something low like 1.8 and have a configurator that customizes that so we don't have people insta bricking their consoles by having 2.4ghz enabled.

Oh btw does anyone have an archive of the old switch oc suite online configurator?

Been overclocking my Erista with 4ifir from day one, no problems whatsoever. Sometimes atmosphere hanged when I tried to change frequencies ingame, but that was long time ago. Recent 4ifir versions work fine for me even with 2k cpu (but who needs it?) / 900 gpu / 2k mem. with stage 6 and 6+ and 1.2k cpu / 700 gpu / 2k mem the temperature is around 50-55. I usually play indoors with the charger because otherwise the battery drains too fast. Or I use a huge powerbank. If someone fears that something can go wrong, they can always backup emunand and restore it. I haven't encountered any hardware problems and my Erista is from 2017. I don't encourage anybody, just sharing my experience so far. 60fps (sometimes with drops of course, but that's Erista, and Mariko owners usually have stable 60fps, judging by their comments) in many heavy games, some even with mods is really fine.

Last edited by Seph,

blackgroup47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

God, why are you all so shy? I can use my Erista at frequencies 2295\998\2131 at a temperature of 55-63 degrees for at least half a day ... without a break. All this in heavy games like the witcher 3 with a mod, wreckfest, prodeus, Nier, alien isolation. and do not believe it .. nothing will happen to it, unlike other overclocking, which at lower frequencies will simply overheat my console.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Cooler, just so that I know if i can get excited or not, how feasible is it to play BOTW on Erista at 60fps with your mod and if so, at what resolution?

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, why are you all so shy? I can use my Erista at frequencies 2295\998\2131 at a temperature of 55-63 degrees for at least half a day ... without a break. All this in heavy games like the witcher 3 with a mod, wreckfest, prodeus, Nier, alien isolation. and do not believe it .. nothing will happen to it, unlike other overclocking, which at lower frequencies will simply overheat my console.
Your system, not anyone elses. Keep that in mind.

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi Cooler, nice to see your old thread is unlocked again.
Would be great if you can maintain the OC Suite.

and maybe you can make a kip editor like in the OC Suite for 4IFIR.
My LPDDR4x Samsung K4U6E3S4AA-MGCL RAM is not stable on any frequency above 1932 MHz with custom timings.

"AUTO_ADJ_MARIKO_SAFE", "AUTO_ADJ_MARIKO_4266" and all your Stages above 1932 MHz crashes.
In the OC Suite kip my RAM can reach stable 2064 MHz with a nice performance but only on the "NO_ADJ_ALL" timings setting.
And it would also be helpful if we could edit the Vdd2 voltage.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people that know what they are talking about say that running an erista cpu at 2295 or higher can actually damage the cpu AND running ram above 2100 has a big risk of corrupting the nand in some way. The risk on that older hardware is A LOT higher than you think. Even running the cpu at 2091mhz pulls too much power from the battery in handheld mode and will degrade that rapidly.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon91Nippon

Domanick2187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Because people that know what they are talking about say that running an erista cpu at 2295 or higher can actually damage the cpu AND running ram above 2100 has a big risk of corrupting the nand in some way. The risk on that older hardware is A LOT higher than you think. Even running the cpu at 2091mhz pulls too much power from the battery in handheld mode and will degrade that rapidly.
People say that and it might very well be true. But isn't it my choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff