Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That setting about the video capture on every game, is it possible by itself? That sounded very interesting.
Yes. Install SysDVR over latest Atmosphere, then install dvr-patches. Then copy interested part from atmosphere config file of 4IFIR mod - to your actual config (advice: take whole config from my mod, and your Switch will get some extra superpowers, like silent work of air-cooler in most scenarios. Yes, it works well on Erista too).

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The default tables are irrelevant. The SoC/hardware just weren’t intended to handle it (the Tegra chips Nvidia provided were a lower bin that was only officially rated and tested at 1785/921, while higher bins were reserved for other devices). At some point you’ll start running into issues with error correction, where it’ll be running at whatever freq but be throwing so many errors it needs to correct that the performance is the same as or worse than lower freqs.

Edit: also somewhat related, it fucks the battery and other other power related hardware.
Don't get my wrong, my English is not great, but:
Don't you mean that if I subtract, for example, 40 milliwatts from the current values of voltages relative to frequencies (which is possible on almost any other processor), the console will start to behave unstable?
And what do you mean about battery issues? As far as i know, high consumption is not capable of directly damaging the battery, only due to an increase in temperatures above permissible. The console batteries have a controller that prevents it from overheating. If I am wrong, I would really appreciate an explanation. Thanks.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get my wrong, my English is not great, but:
Don't you mean that if I subtract, for example, 40 milliwatts from the current values of voltages relative to frequencies (which is possible on almost any other processor), the console will start to behave unstable?
And what do you mean about battery issues? As far as i know, high consumption is not capable of directly damaging the battery, only due to an increase in temperatures above permissible. The console batteries have a controller that prevents it from overheating. If I am wrong, I would really appreciate an explanation. Thanks.
I'm talking about going to extreme frequencies on Erista (ie. 2295 CPU/ 1052 GPU). I have no idea how well undervolting would work on Erista, I've never tried it, but they already already tune voltage per-device to an extent shrugs

It's actually worse for the power delivery hardware in general than it is to the battery, I was tired at that time. On Erista extreme speeds can draw way more than the 18W it was designed to handle (highest I'd seen was about 40W).

Edit: and your English is fine ^^

Reactions: UnT7oh

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm talking about going to extreme frequencies on Erista (ie. 2295 CPU/ 1052 GPU). I have no idea how well undervolting would work on Erista, I've never tried it, but they already already tune voltage per-device to an extent shrugs

It's actually worse for the power delivery hardware in general than it is to the battery, I was tired at that time. On Erista extreme speeds can draw way more than the 18W it was designed to handle (highest I'd seen was about 40W).

Edit: and your English is fine ^^
I'd settle for the extreme Ram overclock only since it's the biggest bottleneck.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For now, yes, only for Mariko. Mod for Erista coming soon (1Q2022)
Disregard any requests of "plz don't do it", just do it, people should learn to deal with any problems some procedures can cause to their systems. It's because of this mindset that overclock and other unlockable features are so shitty on switch rn, this and the "let's keep this patch/mod under our little circlejerk".

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disregard any requests of "plz don't do it", just do it, people should learn to deal with any problems some procedures can cause to their systems. It's because of this mindset that overclock and other unlockable features are so shitty on switch rn, this and the "let's keep this patch/mod under our little circlejerk".
They shouldn't do it if it only causes problems without giving the desired result, which is the case here.

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
on switch lite tested mh rise 60fps at 1963/1267 consume around 12,2 watt (performance gain doesnt worth at all), imagine with full oc
ref : 1020/460 = 3.4watt, 1020/768 = 4.8 watt, 1785/921 = 7.2 watt, best efficiency at 1224/768

Last edited by ucupetuks,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on switch lite tested mh rise 60fps at 1963/1267 consume around 12,2 watt (performance gain doesnt worth at all), imagine with full oc
ref : 1020/460 = 3.4watt, 1020/768 = 4.8 watt, 1785/921 = 7.2 watt, best efficiency at 1224/768
You should see Erista, it's a great meme. Once at 2295/1267 my console reached approx 40W of power draw, the system physically hurt to touch afterwards and the battery had drained ~40% in half an hour (was on official charger the whole time).

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should see Erista, it's a great meme. Once at 2295/1267 my console reached approx 40W of power draw, the system physically hurt to touch afterwards and the battery had drained ~40% in half an hour (was on official charger the whole time).
the problem is (which you will see if you look through about 90% of overclock threads on here) people don't believe power usage is an issue and quick to disregard it as fear mongering..

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

^ Probably the dumbest post that's ever been made on this forum on multiple levels.

Anyway yeah - nothing other than RAM overclock should be released for Erista under any circumstances. Even the current limits that sys-clk has have been proven to be questionable due to excessive power draw. Mariko is much more capable of course.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
^ Probably the dumbest post that's ever been made on this forum on multiple levels.

Anyway yeah - nothing other than RAM overclock should be released for Erista under any circumstances. Even the current limits that sys-clk has have been proven to be questionable due to excessive power draw. Mariko is much more capable of course.
My point is, if he wants to do something, do it. Just because some people can't deal with problems they create because they're not informed you shouldn't refrain to publish something if you're willing to publish, and every single thread involving oc is the same bs, by the same people. Leave it be... That's it, if it's dumb that's on you, Random-san, also your comment is not any smarter than mine, you're just parroting some posts above.

Reactions: Medel87

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is, if he wants to do something, do it. Just because some people can't deal with problems they create because they're not informed you shouldn't refrain to publish something if you're willing to publish, and every single thread involving oc is the same bs, by the same people. Leave it be... That's it, if it's dumb that's on you, Random-san, also your comment is not any smarter than mine, you're just parroting some posts above.
MAYBE just MAYBE some people don't want to have to worry about the ramifications of them releasing something that is misused and leads to bricks. at this point you are just sounding like an arrogant tool.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
MAYBE just MAYBE some people don't want to have to worry about the ramifications of them releasing something that is misused and leads to bricks. at this point you are just sounding like an arrogant tool.
Then don't homebrew at all or just stay in the safe zone, whatever idc, and if I'm being arrogant I'm at par with you and the rest. Also you can't understand my point it seems, because I'm not obligating anyone to release shit I'm just saying "if he wants, like he expressed he wants, don't be the real arrogant and say: omg pls pls don't do it", let him do it, it's like this on every thread lmao.

Reactions: Medel87

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't homebrew at all or just stay in the safe zone, whatever idc, and if I'm being arrogant I'm at par with you and the rest. Also you can't understand my point it seems, because I'm not obligating anyone to release shit I'm just saying "if he wants, like he expressed he wants, don't be the real arrogant and say: omg pls pls don't do it", let him do it, it's like this on every thread lmao.
I've noticed your only way of arguing is going "no you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q