Status
Not open for further replies.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please point me in the right direction to get the 2100 ram overclock for Erista?

I'm on https://github.com/retronx-team atm but am confused about which file to get. I already have the regular sys-clk installed on my 1.2.5 atmos erista switch.
he meant the discord and if you are looking for precompiled files you won't find them because for some reason everybody absolutely refuses to precompile it for Erista

Reactions: Thorhax

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
he meant the discord and if you are looking for precompiled files you won't find them because for some reason everybody absolutely refuses to precompile it for Erista
Interesting, is there a link to the discord?

I'd be willing to setup a compile environment just for this.

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
more just being realistic but I guess so people can retain their attempts of belittlement is why nobody will do it.

I am interested in setting up a compile environment for it.
The problem I've run into with trying to compile things in the past was either missing dependencies or the wrong Linux version.

If you could give some starter tips it would be much appreciated.

Looking for someone to teach me how to fish.

Reactions: linkchidori

Drifter7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The truth is we need an easy way to overclock RAM for Erista units, even is it's for just a small amount. If for example 1866mhz is stable, I don't see a reason why it must be so cryptic and difficult for someone to find a way to do it.

Reactions: Thorhax and mew2222

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in setting up a compile environment for it.
The problem I've run into with trying to compile things in the past was either missing dependencies or the wrong Linux version.

If you could give some starter tips it would be much appreciated.

Looking for someone to teach me how to fish.
I've never messed with it for this exact reason they give you very minimal instructions and tell you to basically figure it out and then use a cop out along the lines of " if you don't know how to build it then you shouldn't be trying to use it at all" which if we used that bullshit logic most people wouldn't even be using Atmosphere in the first place if it wasn't precompiled. this all while we see plenty of precompiled mariko overclocks

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more just being realistic but I guess so people can retain their attempts of belittlement is why nobody will do it.
I mainly just don't feel like having to maintain shit as much and having to deal with people bitching about shit when I forget to update whatever every couple weeks for new ams/hekate releases, or when their piracy patches don't work because the loader kip is diff, or other stuff like that.

With the current approach I basically never have to change the instructions for patching hekate, and only need to update the ams patch when major system updates release.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly just don't feel like having to maintain shit as much and having to deal with people bitching about shit when I forget to update whatever every couple weeks for new ams/hekate releases, or when their piracy patches don't work because the loader kip is diff, or other stuff like that.

With the current approach I basically never have to change the instructions for patching hekate, and only need to update the ams patch when major system updates release.
you are going to deal with people like that no matter what you do its really no excuse to segregate people from using it. many people don't know build instructions or what to use in order to build in the first place or how to figure out dependencies etc and its assumed that they are basically just too stupid to do it if they can't follow the minimal instruction which don't go into enough details for most people to do it. its basically like installing Atmopshere with half of the instructions missing

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
isnt stable in my lite with hynix mem, sometimes after booting only backlight after nintendo logo, and need to hard turn off,
sometimes the screen like crazy artefact, please.... give us option build for only cpu/gpu/mem oc without overvolting and no need other stuff....thanks

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are going to deal with people like that no matter what you do its really no excuse to segregate people from using it. many people don't know build instructions or what to use in order to build in the first place or how to figure out dependencies etc and its assumed that they are basically just too stupid to do it if they can't follow the minimal instruction which don't go into enough details for most people to do it. its basically like installing Atmopshere with half of the instructions missing
“I mainly just don't feel like having to maintain shit as much” is the main thing, people bitching is just an added bonus.
Most stuff I write (including my OC stuff) I wrote for fun and/or to use myself, and I release some of those things (such as my OC stuff) because I think others might find them useful. But I don’t want to be responsible for constantly updating and maintaining builds of that stuff, I just want it to be a “here’s source code/a patch, do whatever you want with it” deal.
And to be clear, I don’t care if someone else wants to put up builds of my ram OC stuff, but I want no part in it.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
isnt stable in my lite with hynix mem, sometimes after booting only backlight after nintendo logo, and need to hard turn off,
sometimes the screen like crazy artefact, please.... give us option build for only cpu/gpu/mem oc without overvolting and no need other stuff....thanks
Have you tried the fixes? Did you install the mod using an external card reader?

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
To those who want it on Erista, you really don't, on Erista the performance bump you get is negligible but the power usage and temp bump is massive.
Can't speak for Mariko, I don't have one.
Even with using undervolting offset for default values in table?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with using undervolting offset for default values in table?
The default tables are irrelevant. The SoC/hardware just weren’t intended to handle it (the Tegra chips Nvidia provided were a lower bin that was only officially rated and tested at 1785/921, while higher bins were reserved for other devices). At some point you’ll start running into issues with error correction, where it’ll be running at whatever freq but be throwing so many errors it needs to correct that the performance is the same as or worse than lower freqs.

Edit: also somewhat related, it fucks the battery and other other power related hardware.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: UnT7oh

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The truth is we need an easy way to overclock RAM for Erista units, even is it's for just a small amount. If for example 1866mhz is stable, I don't see a reason why it must be so cryptic and difficult for someone to find a way to do it.
It would be wonderful

Reactions: deathblade200
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    look at that fucking thing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can buy a shell for the galaxy but probably a clone
    +1
    reshelling a 3ds sounds so so so so so so painful tbh
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's what I hate about youtube oh look how easy I make this look stfu it's painful
    +1
    LMAOOOOO like STFU John the youtuber guy
    I know you suffered replacing this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @PandaPandel, OG 3DS is -not- fun to put back together, and that's coming from someone who at the time was pretty familiar with reassembling DS Lites. Total pain in the ass, and screws of varying length that'll poke through the face surface of the bottom half of the shell if you put the wrong screw in the wrong spot. Totally not talking from experience there, nope
    the HINGES are what made me never want to open mine up
    Like oh my god
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ribbon cables are so fragile you can snap the black lock down piece and be sol
    +1
    I would break mine so fast lmao im way too much of a bimbo for that deadass no way
    look at my 3ds one sec
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just replacing the back isn't that painful not sure about the upper back piece
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shorted a ps3 cleaning the insides, butchered a few og Xbox and what not
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I had only taken mine apart far enough to rplace the circle pad in it and it was such a pain to put back together
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Putting together a pc is easier than messing about with handhelds
    oh my gosh you brave soul
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    facts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why I buy Anbernic anymore and live with emulation 3ds emulation is getting so good
    is it possible tp directly upload images to chat or just insert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Click the 3 dots by the smiley face
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @PandaPandel, No upload, have to link it from somewhere :/
    oh naur!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Use imgbb
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: kk