ROM Hack 4507 - Zelda Spirit Tracks Anti-Piracy Hack

giakys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i try it,but myrom replace english language and not italian,and the crack dont work
frown.gif

if i repleace arm9.bin and header.bin, the after xpa windows,FREEZE IN WHITE SCREEN!

using ysmenu!

giakys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zero5 said:
1. Patch the US Version using XPA Patch
2. Unpack the patched version using DSLazy
3. Unpack the EU Version using DSLazy
4. Goto EU_Unpacked/data/German (or whichever language you prefer) and copy the contents over the US_Unpacked/data/English directory
5. Re-build a *.nds file using DSLazy
6. Copy the newly created file to your flashcard
7. Works great, it's cracked and german/french/spanish/italian as well now...

So why would you need an additional crack for the EU Version? doesn't really make sense in my opinion

my rom modded with this guide,work from italian to english!
and the train have still no controller!!
frown.gif

how to solve this with ITALIAN VERSION??

LeChevalier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks, long time lurker, first time poster here.

So I've been trying to get this game to work on my R4 for a while and I finally managed to patch it (instructions weren't very helpful, meh) and then the microSD in my R4 dies on me. Pity - it had YSMENU too.

Fortunately, I have an iTouchDS. I figure it high-time that update it because it hasn't been able to play the newer releases.

So when I start up Spirit Tracks, I see Xenophobia's (tbqh, hideous) splash screen. I press A and it disappears, and the nintendo logo pops up. This is where I freeze, and nothing I press changes anything.

I think it's a problem with outdated firmware, but I have no clue what the iTouchDS requires. Can anyone help here?

mr.grieves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will this work on g6 lite? also how do i patch it once i've downloaded the patch. thanks homeslices.

yo editing this. so i treid to apply the crack but the new .nds file it made has 0bytes. what did i do wrong?

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I think you need a tutorial detailing on how to make the EU version work right now. I think you should copy and paste zero5's text.

Another thing: we really need a patch for the European version, simply because we don't know if the european version can multiplay with the other versions! What if I want to play with a friend and I can't because I have the american version modified to look like an European version?

My 2 cents.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeChevalier said:
Hello folks, long time lurker, first time poster here.

So I've been trying to get this game to work on my R4 for a while and I finally managed to patch it (instructions weren't very helpful, meh) and then the microSD in my R4 dies on me. Pity - it had YSMENU too.

Fortunately, I have an iTouchDS. I figure it high-time that update it because it hasn't been able to play the newer releases.

So when I start up Spirit Tracks, I see Xenophobia's (tbqh, hideous) splash screen. I press A and it disappears, and the nintendo logo pops up. This is where I freeze, and nothing I press changes anything.

I think it's a problem with outdated firmware, but I have no clue what the iTouchDS requires. Can anyone help here?

May THIS be of help to you.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
googs said:
is there a patch for the spirit tracks that will make it perfectly work on m3 i zero????
i need it....
Read the first post under TUTORIAL FOR M3 DS REAL SAKURA 1.44 (note patch will only work on Zelda:ST (U) ROM)

There is also an updated Touchpod (4.7x) firmware that's suppose to allow you to run a Clean ROM but there's still problems with it
1) You can only run the Clean ROM through Touchpod - it won't work through Sakura 1.44
2) If you DON'T supply the hacked sav file (from this threads first post) you can only run the game on a standard microSD card ( 2Gb), but only through Touchpod - Sakura will run the game but locks up when you get on the train

googs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
googs said:
is there a patch for the spirit tracks that will make it perfectly work on m3 i zero????
i need it....
Read the first post under TUTORIAL FOR M3 DS REAL SAKURA 1.44 (note patch will only work on Zelda:ST (U) ROM)

There is also an updated Touchpod (4.7x) firmware that's suppose to allow you to run a Clean ROM but there's still problems with it
1) You can only run the Clean ROM through Touchpod - it won't work through Sakura 1.44
2) If you DON'T supply the hacked sav file (from this threads first post) you can only run the game on a standard microSD card ( 2Gb), but only through Touchpod - Sakura will run the game but locks up when you get on the train

so what ur sayin is that no other game will work...that stinks
and im ok with the clean rom....i only have standard cards....

googs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried usin 4.7x of touchpod but it doesnt work
when u get a new version u always have to select a file to play the games
but whenever i try picking a file it says directory does not exist and no files show up...
HELP MEEEE!!!
I TRIED EVERYTHING
ITS JUST NOT WORKING...NEED HELP

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
googs said:
i tried usin 4.7x of touchpod but it doesnt work
when u get a new version u always have to select a file to play the games
but whenever i try picking a file it says directory does not exist and no files show up...
HELP MEEEE!!!
I TRIED EVERYTHING
ITS JUST NOT WORKING...NEED HELP
I'm guessing that when you've started Touchpod, you're selecting the first Icon (it looks like a DS) & you're getting a message like '/NDS/ directory does not exist' then getting the file manager with 'Name' and 'Size' & nothing else

This is most probably because you have stored your DS games in a folder other than /NDS/

> Look at the bottom of the screen & you see a small folder icon with '/NDS - [START]'
> Press the [Start] button & Touchpod should now show the root directory of your flashcard
> Scroll down to where you have stored your DS games & press [A]
> You will be asked 'Do you select the directory?' - tap the [OK] (Or press [A])
> You have now assigned the NDS Icon a new directory to look in

You can repeat this for the other Icon in touchpod (GBA)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
googs said:
thanks...i didnt no that cause in the old versions...when u select the nds icon,it lets u choose....sooo....thx
Don't thank me yet - in case I'm wrong about your problem. But you say earlier versions let you choose??? - all versions I've tried (mind you I usually stick to Sakura) always had this 'fault' - that's why I keep my DS games in a folder called 'NDS' anyway
laugh.gif

BaconXBits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a save fix for CycloDS yet? I logged 20+ hours into my Zelda game using save states (you can only use one), and my only save state happened to freeze indefinitely. If there is a fix, can someone refer me to it and please provide a save file after the sand temple? (preferably with most/all side quests complete since I was just finishing my last ones)

I DID use the XPA patch which apparently only fixes train controls, is there a newer one out yet?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried single card play with cyclone ds evolution?

i have the latest version and the pre patched rom but i cannot get it to work it freezes at a black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think