Hacking 4.3j wii region change to 4.anything U please help

imgoinnucknfutz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all
I have been floating around for along time now and have softmodded a good many wii's
So I was present with the chance to buy a japanese wii from a guy for 50 bucks for the complete system so I thought cool I should be able to region change it to 4.3u or anything that would be usa ntsc firmware then upgrade it to where I want it boy was I wrong.

so here is what I got a virgin 4.3j wii console

I dont have any japanese imports was wondering if someone has a way to region change the console with a japan import of yugioh, smash bros, indiana jones.

I do have the lego indiana jones ntsc copy which I have used many times for softmodding the 4.3 wii's I have.

But now this 4.3j wii has puzzled the crap out of me any help is welcomed

Thank You.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
imgoinnucknfutz said:
so here is what I got a virgin 4.3j wii console
I dont have any japanese imports
Then you can't do anything, if you have a wii with modchip you could swap the drive or a wode to use a backup of a japanese version, there are no other ways to hack 4.3 jet...

imgoinnucknfutz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it the dvd drive in the wii or the motherboard region locked? can I change the region of one of my other softmodded wii's to 4.3j put the dvd drive out of the virgin 4.3j wii into it and make the dvd drive region free then reinstall the dvd drive into the 4.3j wii and use it to softmod the jap wii??

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
imgoinnucknfutz said:
is it the dvd drive in the wii or the motherboard region locked?
The software things are on the motherboard like region lock, wii dvd drives are region free...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cheapest option you have is to find somebody that has a modchip and do the ole mariokart pwns trick. even if you have to mail your wii, shipping within the US will be like $25 round trip. thats probably cheaper than trying to buy one of the 3 or 4 JAP exploitable games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock