Wii language change issue

Kookie_Monster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding Wii systems. Especially models that are region locked, like this Japanese Wii I've had since as far as i can remember.
I've used french on this thing for the entire time as there wasn't any english. But I know little to no french now and would really like to just be able to switch it to english.
I've read online on reddit or other places that these models don't even let you change to anything other than japanese, so me having french and a bunch more language options tell me that it isn't exactly true. Now, I have no idea how to verify the authenticity of this unit that I have, but it does run all the titles as smooth as one can expect. I used to have a HDD of games and lucky me that the games were in english so i suppose it isn't much of an issue. But it still comes down to the same question:

1. Is there ANY process of making this happen? If so HOW can i possibly do it.
(if it involves anything that may wipe the internal memory, then it's a no go for me as all my game file saves are still on this thing to this very day)

2. I've also seen some sort of Wii-U serial database on GBAtemp which apparently showed what type of unit you have and I wanna know if that's a thing for the Wii console too and in that case, what is mine (I won't include the numbers. Serial : LJF

I guess the J means japanese but what of the rest?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y