Hacking 4.3 Bricked Wii

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say cause i've had a modchip in my wii since before the softmod. However i do know that you can soft mod your wii with a burnt game if you have a modchip; this info is irrelavent but hey knowledge is power.

You may want to softmod your wii to see if you have a STUB IOS in place of the System Menu you want to go back to.

fabiolinojoe said:
I want add one information... my wii is not bricked... is virgin... but i wanted to know if is possible make a downgrade of fw with a recovery mode....

fabiolinojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry maybe you understand me... i have a wii 4.3E new, so virgin, without homebrew, without wad manager, and i wanted to know if there is a chanche to make a downgrade of sys menu, 4.3 to 4.2... i have a wii by boot2, and original game mario kart, and a GC pad... An SD 2GB... so there is a chanche?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly cant tell you, since downgrading can be done as long as the IOS the system menu runs on is not a STUB; the only way to find out is to softmod your wii and do a syscheck to see which IOS you have installed.

Since you have a newer Wii and i have a launch Wii, were from 2 different time frames so im unable to give your a correct response. I would advise you do an extensive research. All you need to know is if the newer Wii shipped with SM4.3 have a STUB IOS70; once you find that answer you will know if you can downgrade.

fabiolinojoe said:
sorry maybe you understand me... i have a wii 4.3E new, so virgin, without homebrew, without wad manager, and i wanted to know if there is a chanche to make a downgrade of sys menu, 4.3 to 4.2... i have a wii by boot2, and original game mario kart, and a GC pad... An SD 2GB... so there is a chanche?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@kylster, no offense, but I've come to expect more from u! And I mean that in the nicest way possible. First off, any Wii can downgrade to 4.2, even if a stub IOS70 is installed, u can always install a non-stubbed IOS70 before installing the 4.2 system menu. But anyways, what I tell fabiolinojoe is the advice I would've expected u to give.

@fabiolinojoe, you can downgrade to 4.2, but its pointless, before u are able to downgrade it, u would have to modify it, and once u modify it, a 4.3 wii behaves the same as 4.2, which behaves the same as 4.1. Anyways, to mod your 4.3 Wii, u need a copy of one of the following games: lego indiana jones (works for USA/PAL wii's), yu-gi-oh 5 D's (works for USA/PAL/JAP wii's) or Super Smash Bros Brawl (works for USA/JAP wii's). Without one of those games, u cannot mod your Wii. If you purchase a modchip, u should be able to mod your wii using a backup disc of one of those games, but I think its better just to rent or buy an original copy of one of those games instead. I highly recommend u download and use ModMii from my signature to help u mod your Wii, it will make the process as easy as it can possibly be.

fabiolinojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok i understand... but is impossible to find a original of both games... their price are high.... this wii is old... but have the sys menu 4.3E because i have made the update for error... e now i'm trying to made a downgrade without these games... is possible by the recovery mode and an original backup of mario kart? And is possible to modify the file boot.elf of bannerbomb in way that when is active the recovery mode it's starting alone?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the compliment. :-p See i've never used "recovery mode" seeing as i've had a chip in mine way back when. (helpful non relavent info) Since i cannot give much advice, i was simply trying to let him know about STUB IOS and make to make sure he can as long it it was not a STUB even gave an example of this. Common sense follows this but i can see where i could have explained about installing a non stub here
smile.gif
Also i figured he wanted to go down to SM4.2 for some reason or another as you see people on the forums always ask, so i could have also explained how pointless it would have been to downgrade....

What was it exactly i explained wrong? I'm the type of person who learns and mimics the actions of others and makes it my own
smile.gif
I enjoy the essence of perfection though least likely to obtain it. That's me in a nutshell. Often it's not what you say but how you say it. Look forward to hear from you.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@fabiolinojoe
XFlak said:
Without one of those games, u cannot mod your Wii. If you purchase a modchip, u should be able to mod your wii using a backup disc of one of those games, but I think its better just to rent or buy an original copy of one of those games instead.

@kylster,
well, fabio was plainly trying to downgrade his virgin 4.3 wii to 4.2, and u went on to tell him to do a syscheck. First of all, he has no way of performing a syscheck without first modding his wii, so the instructions u were giving him were incomplete. Secondly, performing a syscheck is pointless, he's on a virgin 4.3 Wii, so his IOS70 is stubbed for sure, so even if he already modded his 4.3 wii, getting him to do a syscheck is just going to waste another hour of fabio's time since we already know the answer. Thirdly, it sounded like fabio was under the impression that he needed to downgrade to 4.2 to mod his wii (ie. "i have a wii 4.3E new, so virgin, without homebrew, without wad manager, and i wanted to know if there is a chanche to make a downgrade of sys menu, 4.3 to 4.2"), a misconception we have to clear up immediately before recommending a syscheck. Lastly, as redundant as it gets repeating it all the time, we need to tell noobs it doesn't matter whether they're on 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3, it's all the same... if after we explain that its pointless to bother changing firmware versions and they still want to change, then ok, help them do it safely.

Anyways, I feel like a douchebag pointing all this out to u, but u asked. You're heart is in the right place, and I know u have the brains to help a lot of ppl, so don't take this the wrong way
biggrin.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
@kylster, no offense, but I've come to expect more from u! And I mean that in the nicest way possible. First off, any Wii can downgrade to 4.2, even if a stub IOS70 is installed, u can always install a non-stubbed IOS70 before installing the 4.2 system menu. But anyways, what I tell fabiolinojoe is the advice I would've expected u to give.

@fabiolinojoe, you can downgrade to 4.2, but its pointless, before u are able to downgrade it, u would have to modify it, and once u modify it, a 4.3 wii behaves the same as 4.2, which behaves the same as 4.1. Anyways, to mod your 4.3 Wii, u need a copy of one of the following games: lego indiana jones (works for USA/PAL wii's), yu-gi-oh 5 D's (works for USA/PAL/JAP wii's) or Super Smash Bros Brawl (works for USA/JAP wii's). Without one of those games, u cannot mod your Wii. If you purchase a modchip, u should be able to mod your wii using a backup disc of one of those games, but I think its better just to rent or buy an original copy of one of those games instead. I highly recommend u download and use ModMii from my signature to help u mod your Wii, it will make the process as easy as it can possibly be.

In his case a modschip will be useless unless it's a Wode. D3/D4 in New Wii.
So only a Original disc or Wode.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LoL i hate people who beat around the bush
smile.gif
so no i'm not one esily offended, but thank you. i did mention he would have to soft mod his wii to do a syscheck though now that i read back it wasn't so obvious. thanks for the insight. i'll do better to explain next time, yes i do like to help others; brings me a sense of self satisfaction
smile.gif

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fabiolinojoe said:
i have also yu-gi-oh 5ds original.... but it is the Master of all cards... and not Wheelie Breakers... is the same???
Can someone answer this question? Is 'Yugioh 5ds: the Master of all Cards' the same thing as 'Yugioh 5ds: Wheelie Breakers'?

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah a lot of places just refer to the game as 'Yugioh 5ds', make sure you're following a well written and up to date guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu