Hacking 4.2 Wii Can not sync controllers

Hai1242

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 4.2 Wii that autoboots to .dol for USB Loader. I can not sync the controller in USB Configurable Loader. I power up holding reset to get the preloader 0.29 but can not get to system menu even with a gamecube controller in port 4.

My question is, is there a way to sync a controller with a specific .dol app I can put in the autoboot folder? Or does someone have a preloader config file that will make it autoselect system menu when I boot up?

Thank you for any help!!

Hai1242

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I haven't used this Wii in a year so it has old programs on there. I have Preloader 0.29 and it will not let me sync on that screen or let me use GC controller in port 4. I tried using a Preloader config file I found on their website that allows GC controller in port 4 to be activated, but no luck.

I was just trying my luck to see if anyone had any ideas before I go buy another Wii. Thanks for the replies though.

@The_Dragons_Master_F
I booted cfg loader and had GC controller in, but it wouldn't let me control anything. Do I need to do anything specific to make it work?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
That's weird I remember controlling preloader with my gc controller . Anyway try opening a game in cfg loader using the gc controller .

Edit : Just press b & the games will be listed . Chose one using arrow buttons & open it .

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...i see...that's old-school. ...i was thinking the .dol in preloader was just a forwarder (implied by 'autoboot folder')....

does the OP have bootmii/boot2...? you could use that to get around preloader altogether....

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I can control Priiloader just fine with my GC controller.
You can set Priiloader to either start/return to "Installed File", HBC or System Menu. Just set it to system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...