Hacking 4.00 hbc with modchip

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not yet, you'll have to wait for bannerbomb by Comex...!!!
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Wasn't there something about loading a modified ISO of Mario Kart that replaces the MK cannel with the HBC?

That would require having the trucha bug from 3.2 still installed, and since 3.3v1, 3.3v2, 3.4, and 4.0 have all gotten rid of said bug, you can't load a modified disc on 4.0 without GeckoOS or a USB Loader... and since you can't get those without the HBC, yea, kinda screwed till comex (sp?) releases his bannerbomb hack

shasta588

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
FenrirWolf said:
Wasn't there something about loading a modified ISO of Mario Kart that replaces the MK cannel with the HBC?

That would require having the trucha bug from 3.2 still installed, and since 3.3v1, 3.3v2, 3.4, and 4.0 have all gotten rid of said bug, you can't load a modified disc on 4.0 without GeckoOS or a USB Loader... and since you can't get those without the HBC, yea, kinda screwed till comex (sp?) releases his bannerbomb hack
but if I mod my wii can't I do that

madhutter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
but if I mod my wii can't I do that
No, your in catch 22. In order to install it there needs to be a software exploit. A mod chip allows you to boot backups. Backups do not install to the system. When they do install system ios from disk the ios is correctly signed anyway. You need to wait for a new exploit to be found. I hate to tell you all your searching has been a waste of time but it has. The guys you've seen install all this with sys menu 4 dont have virgin menus they have patched sys 4 menus.

ben_not_benny

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was think about the same thing.

I have a 4.0 Wii with drivechip. I tried replacing RevoKartNR.wad on the MKW ISO with the Homebrew Channel wad. It didn't work when I tried to install in through Mario Kart Channel. I'm thinking it's because the game doesn't allow installing anything that doesn't match RevoKartNR.wad's ticket and ID without a pre-installed cIOS. Which means a modified HBC wad (to match RevoKartNR.wad's basic information) must be used.

But the disc boots fine, somehow modifications in partition 3 doesn't affect it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool