OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
divide-19.png
divide-4.png
divide1.jpg
2661969-379629-the-divide-enemies-within-playstation-screenshot-jumping-through.jpg

I was never a fan of the PSX, it arrived at a time when I was looking forward to CD based technologies (in a 2D sense), and was quite happy playing my Sega CD and 3DO. When the PSX came out, I bought it only to play DOOM...
...though I did also fall in love with Jumping Flash, I'll admit.
Once I was able to afford a Laptop to run DOOM (I was an Atari/Amiga guy), I ditched the PSX as none of the games coming out appealed to me, and I also thought the 3D to look like crap from what I'd seen.
Well years have passed and I became aware of a few 2D gems for the system such as Castlevania SOTN and Strider 2. And so I began to respect the old system a bit more. Having recently rooted my Amazon HD 6 and put Jellybean on it, I decided to install Epsxe, plug in my PS2 controller and give it a go. Surprisingly everything I have tried runs flawlessly and of course the controls are Sony Controls so it feels like the real deal.
Deciding I needed to see what else was out there that was not often spoken of, I discovered a little gem titled, The Divide: Enemies Within. As fate would have it, this game was written as a homage to Super Metroid and Zelda!

"
My favorite games have always been Nintendo softs, and Super Metroid for the SNES was at the time, for me, a perfect combination of adventure, shooting and platform. I learned a tremendous amount about level building, expanding maps and reward vs. challenge from extensively playing that game, and finding common Nintendo design elements with The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

So, leveraging the success of Beavis and Butthead, and supported by technical demonstrations of a strong in-house 3D engine, I came up with the idea of trying to make a Metroid experience on PlayStation and pitched it successfully to Viacom New Media as "Super Metroid in 3D!" - Ian Verchere, Designer for The Divide.

You can read about the game in more detail here. This is awesome! Of all the gems I am finding, I kind of want to make a PiStation to dedicate to these games.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/divide/divide.htm

Reactions: VinsCool

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i know what to keep my eye out for next time I go to a pawn shop or flea market. My preferred genre tends to be Metroidvania. Even a bit rough, this might be a bit of fun.

Reactions: XDel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...