ROM Hack 3DSExplorer

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the whole idea! :)

Thanks CollosalPokemon... and about the sdk...If we can't have the sdk..information would be great too...maybe about the save hashes or what are the encryptions used...(I mean to get from the friend...)

I would if I could; He only gave me the dev unit because it was somewhat outdated and he had a newer one so he didn't need it anymore. He can't really share something like that because it would clearly lead to system hacks; at least giving 1 developer unit without sdk on windows means it will take a lot of time, if at all. I did hear a rumour that a few hacking groups have the SDK software but they're not leaking it yet.

For now I continue to work on cias similar to how you and Immortal_no1 work on saves ;)

EDIT: I uncovered some really cool hidden features using ctrsetting.txt so I think some of you guys will find them interesting :

* Photo (IDK what this is)

* P2P Internet connections

* P2P Cec (Dunno what Cec stands for)

* AddFriend

* DownloadPlay (maybe a placeholder for the game(s) downloaded during downloadplay?)

* ShopPoints (Set the amt of points you have in the eShop)

* OGN (IDK what OGN stands for)

* RatingAge (Possibly for eShop)

* QuestionID

* Answer

* Password

* AppInstall

Those were the main highlights since CTR Config doesn't have those options (they need to be set in ctrsetting.txt).

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CollosalPokemon:
Where are the CIA files saved, have you saved them on SD card?
Can you publish any of the SDK files (for example ctrsetting.txt or a CIA file to name a few)?

NAND. No, it doesn't have a export option. The test CIA was a TWL program tweaked to have a "Required Size" using a hex editor, and because of it's a TWL program it doesn't have full CIA header, so it won't import to the NAND.
I'm still working on figuring out ctrsetting.txt as it currently does not seem to modify anything yet the way I currently have it set up.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news elisherer, I tested v0.82 and was able to use my DevMen CIA perfectly ^^

ciav082.png

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks...This exlpains that the RGB mapping is wrong...
this icon's frame suppose to be red...
can you check more CIA files and maybe tell me which colors to switch...because I can't check.

I don't have a lot of channels to test...I am working on some experiments but they're difficult which I hope to be able to show soon.

Here are some colour mappings I noticed that were not correct :

A channel with a "Green" colour should actually be blue (ie whatever green is it should be blue not green)
(Whatever you have now as blue is actually supposed to be red)

MODIFY:

A small list of RGB Colours you need to switch :

whatever you currently have defined as Blue is supposed to be Red. (demonstrated by the pic I showed)
whatever you currently have defined as Red is supposed to be Green.
whatever you currently have defined as Green is supposed to be Blue.
Black : Seems OK
White : Seems OK

imho that's what I saw from the channels I've got currently.

I'll try getting you a larger list.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kool , i will try this. looks neet.
(i found this while i was looking for a way to move my 3ds video downloads onto another device so my kids can watch my purchases on a bigger screen)

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks...This exlpains that the RGB mapping is wrong...
this icon's frame suppose to be red...
can you check more CIA files and maybe tell me which colors to switch...because I can't check.

I don't have a lot of channels to test...I am working on some experiments but they're difficult which I hope to be able to show soon.

Here are some colour mappings I noticed that were not correct :

A channel with a "Green" colour should actually be blue (ie whatever green is it should be blue not green)
(Whatever you have now as blue is actually supposed to be red)

MODIFY:

A small list of RGB Colours you need to switch :

whatever you currently have defined as Blue is supposed to be Red. (demonstrated by the pic I showed)
whatever you currently have defined as Red is supposed to be Green.
whatever you currently have defined as Green is supposed to be Blue.
Black : Seems OK
White : Seems OK

imho that's what I saw from the channels I've got currently.

I'll try getting you a larger list.

Thanks that is all that I needed...
So it's GBR655 and not RGB655..

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed...

v0.83
* CIA: Fix: Correct Ticket
* CIA: Icon color mapping fixed (RGB -> GBR)

Good news, the new GBR works. Although I found 1 specific colour that seems to be wrong.

Orange seems to turn out Red on 3dsexplorer. (ie a channel with an Orange-coloured border/etc will show up with a red-coloured border in 3dsexplorer) I saw this in the previous version too, but I was seeing if GBR would change it but it did not.
I guess it's better figuring out what is errors now so by the time others can install/run cia there's no bugs lol

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice work elisherer :D Your project is great and I just know it is going to lead to the 3DS being hacked. The best of luck to you with this project ;)

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news elisherer,

Colour bug we discuss is fixed ^^ (Also work is RGB) So now all colours seem to work fine.

But I'm not sure if you intentionally did this or not but view of icon from 3DSExplorer very blurry but when export to PNG it's not blurry.

Example exported out of 3DSExplorer :

netset2.png

Example icon inside 3DSExplorer:

netset.png

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
I Use the 'stretch' size mode and the sizing was incorrect cause the picturebox size is the size of the image and because it had a 1px border i needed to put in size+2 for widht and height.
It'll be fixed on the next version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm