SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I have cracked the problem of 3D video with v0.20+ -> it's the splitting part. Apparently that only copies one stream. I'll have to look into it.

but CompC: None work for you? That seems strange, v0.15 DEFINITELY has the two streams (I tested it myself and played it with VLC, which played two seperate video streams in seperate windows), don't see why it doesn't work...

unicode2CP: using v0.21? did you check whatever folder you selected in the the program for the converted video?

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awesome, thank you.
did you cover the 10minute split, posted by "DiscostewSM" in the other thread,

Code:
del VID_*.AVI
del newVideo.avi
ffmpeg -i %1 -s 400x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 13 -acodec copy "newVideo.avi"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0001.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:09:59 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0002.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:19:58 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0003.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:29:57 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0004.AVI"

and if so, how long can the video originally be???

having implemented this in v0.20, it doesn't seem to work quite right. it seems it only copies one stream of the video. i.e. it works for 2D video, but not for 3D.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
So right now the only thing that works is videos in 2D (whether they were in 3D or not originally) using 0.21 (and 0.2).

I don't think it should matter, but I'm using this in Windows 7 through Boot Camp on my Mac… that wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I understand it, 2D shouldn't work for videos that were in 3D originally. Choosing 2D for them should make them show both images side-by-side on the 3DS, the same as playing the original file on a computer with a regular media player.

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@SifJar
I tried 0.15 and 0.21 version, problem is still here. Yes, I selected folder for converted file.
Seems like there's some bigger problem, cause I noticed that during conversion only "right.avi" file is gettting bigger, "left.avi" is always at 0 bytes.
If you want to reproduce that problem, please try to convert this video here: http://youtu.be/jPnM4E-tvT0

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it, 2D shouldn't work for videos that were in 3D originally. Choosing 2D for them should make them show both images side-by-side on the 3DS, the same as playing the original file on a computer with a regular media player.

I mean, if I use a side by side 3D video and choose the side by side option, the video plays on my 3DS, but in 2D.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've uploaded 0.21 here on filetrip

Hmm, doesn't work, deletes the video from video folder (end) after conversion, as well as left.avi, right.avi and temp.avi

the program was programmed to delete left.avi, right.avi and temp.avi after conversion (if I understood your problem correcly :unsure:)

D

Deleted User

Hmm, doesn't work, deletes the video from video folder (end) after conversion, as well as left.avi, right.avi and temp.avi

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What do you mean? The folder you selected for the converted video to be put in get's deleted? That doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else...

I mean, if I use a side by side 3D video and choose the side by side option, the video plays on my 3DS, but in 2D.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Should be able to fix it now though thanks to Stylpe.

Found the problem!

You have to add -map 0 to the ffmpeg arguments in the split operation.

Found out here: http://ffmpeg.org/ff...tream-selection it only selects one of each stream unless you manually specify. "-map 0" selects all of them.

Sweet, thanks. I'll get onto fixing that now then.

EDIT: v0.22 added to first post, 3D videos should now work and split correctly!!

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this tool.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread (11 pages is a bit too much to skim right now), but is there any way you could make a program that does the opposite? I'd love to share my 3D videos with non-3DS owning friends.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who has gotten this to work. Does the video show up instantly on you system or do you have to wait for it to refresh. Before you see it in your current dated folder.

Never mind I took my 3DS a while to refresh, but I got the video to show up. Monster Hunter TRiG opening on my 3DS hell yeah!

Stylpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For people who has gotten this to work. Does the video show up instantly on you system or do you have to wait for it to refresh. Before you see it in your current dated folder.

Never mind I took my 3DS a while to refresh, but I got the video to show up. Monster Hunter TRiG opening on my 3DS hell yeah!

Mine is taking an extremely long time to refresh, is there a trick to it? I've seen it do it a couple of times, sometimes within a few seconds, but I've been sitting here for 5 minutes now. I give every new video a new name, which is the same as the previous + 1

On another note, I think I figured out a ffmpeg command to convert directly in one pass. It looks okay in VLC, but I can't test it on the 3DS because of the aforementioned problem. This is in a bat-file, hence the %1 for the video you drop on it. The only thing it doesn't do is split.

Code:
ffmpeg -y -i %1 -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -map 0 -map 0:v -filter:v:0 crop=400:240:0:0 -filter:v:1 crop=400:240:400:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 96k -ac 2 "VID.avi"

Edit: This is for side by side videos. I'll make a top-bottom one when I confirm it works.

brakiscool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? The folder you selected for the converted video to be put in get's deleted? That doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else...

Not the folder, just the converted videos themselves... I have this same issue. It was working fine on the first version, but I switched to the new version for the file splitting, and when it is done converting, the video is nowhere to be found.

Cosmyc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar, can you add the option in the GUI to manage the number of cores that ffmpeg can use? Because it supports it when i use it on the command line.

PD: The bitrate option doesn't work for me, always I change it but it makes videos with the same one.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mine is taking an extremely long time to refresh, is there a trick to it? I've seen it do it a couple of times, sometimes within a few seconds, but I've been sitting here for 5 minutes now. I give every new video a new name, which is the same as the previous + 1

On another note, I think I figured out a ffmpeg command to convert directly in one pass. It looks okay in VLC, but I can't test it on the 3DS because of the aforementioned problem. This is in a bat-file, hence the %1 for the video you drop on it. The only thing it doesn't do is split.

Code:
ffmpeg -y -i %1 -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -map 0 -map 0:v -filter:v:0 crop=400:240:0:0 -filter:v:1 crop=400:240:400:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 96k -ac 2 "VID.avi"

Edit: This is for side by side videos. I'll make a top-bottom one when I confirm it works.

I have no idea I just left it open, and waited for it to happen. I have a large numbers of pics on there so it did take a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...