ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

horcruxrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just saying. no one answered my questions. about video quality and the keep aspect ration option and what not. most of these questions are from people who won't read the older posts. i at least have read all of the posts and am attempting to follow as much as i can. i at least want to find the best way to get the videos working well. i am trying as many videos as i can. no biggy though, either way, has anyone found the better settings on audio and video though? i noticed changing from 10000 to 16000 on video bitrate did not change that much of the quality. has anyone come across what might be a better combination on bitrate and fps?

Reactions: 1 person

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKY it doesnt work HEEEELP!!
For me all the converted videos work. It only doesnt if i choose a higher framerate than the original video has.
If you still having problems, please read the older posts to find out what's wrong.
Only then, if nothing changes, please post which videos doesn't work and describe what options you've chosen.
Has anyone figured out how to separate the images more or less on the videos yet? i thought someone said keeping aspect ration does that.
If you've read all the posts then you should know that we haven't found a solution yet. ;)
It's already said that it has something to do with a greater size (480x240 instead of 400x240) plus the right metadata-infos.

any other questions?

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
just saying. no one answered my questions. about video quality and the keep aspect ration option and what not. most of these questions are from people who won't read the older posts. i at least have read all of the posts and am attempting to follow as much as i can. i at least want to find the best way to get the videos working well. i am trying as many videos as i can. no biggy though, either way, has anyone found the better settings on audio and video though? i noticed changing from 10000 to 16000 on video bitrate did not change that much of the quality. has anyone come across what might be a better combination on bitrate and fps?

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done with some changes and after converting quite a lot of testfiles i take the liberty to call it version 1.2 ;) .

http://www.mediafire.com/?gzjh8vd2z6ed8ij

Alterations:
  • Added Infos about Title, Duration, Size, Framerate, Video Bitrate, Audio Sampling rate, Audio Channels and Audio Stream Layer (very useful on multilingual mkv archives)
  • Added 'Only Create A Short Test File' option (first 3 minutes of the source file)
  • The "Audio Bitrate" option works now (directly and without the usage of a preconversion)
  • The simple video mode uses up to 24 fps now and automatically scales down if the source video has less fps
  • If the user has chosen a greater Video Framerate than the source video has a "last choice" window shows up and warns that the conversion process is going to take more time
  • -->Pre-Conversion process to upscale the framerate if it's desired
  • "Audio Sampling Rate" option
  • "Stereo/Mono/NoSound" option
  • A few small changes
It would be great if you guys have a look at the source code. I bet there are some parts that could have been solved better :lol:.
I used an ffmpeg-output to get the media infos. Maybe someone could change it by using the MediaInfo.dll, cause it surely is more accurate.
The GUI is quite high now - I hope it still fits 15" monitors... :P

horcruxrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried upscaling to 45 and 60 fps with a 30 fps video with 1.2. 3ds would not read either. has anyone else had this problem? nice job though on the new interface it does work quite nicely i must say. the program runs better as well. being able to make a sample with big videos helps a bunch as well. much appreciated. for those of you guys writing this stuff, especially without even having a 3ds, i have to say thank you so much. definitely went out of your way without a need to do so, that is awesome of you guys. whenever you get the chance check it out though because i have to admit i have been watching 3d movies with it and they can come out damn good. even gameplay videos of dead space 2, skyrim, etc. they are coming out really nice now and are really worth checking out. it helps to see how well the 3d was implemented into movies and games. again though, amazing job

horcruxrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the 3ds possibly just not read videos over 30 fps? i have not tried, but i will, just scaling something under 30 fps to 30, but is there possibly as high as we can go?

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried upscaling to 45 and 60 fps with a 30 fps video with 1.2. 3ds would not read either. has anyone else had this problem?
As every system the 3DS can handle just a specific amount of data. The usage of framerates greater than 30 fps will only work if you scale down the bitrate to unsightly values.
The possibility to upscale the framerate is designed to apply it on videos with very low values (20 fps or less) - at least to make it easy on the eyes.

nice job though on the new interface it does work quite nicely i must say. the program runs better as well. being able to make a sample with big videos helps a bunch as well.
Nice to hear that it works well! :lol:
When the info box will ever indicate wrong things, let me know it.

horcruxrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right of course that is a good call, I was not sure if anyone had for sure came to a good conclusion yet on what the highest frame rate could be on 3ds, with videos. ok cool so upscaling to 30 does work that is good. that would make sense though that the highest would be that. yeah interface is good, have not had an problems with the info box, and i have been doing quite a good amount by now. most of the stuff comes out quite nice.

RichardLaughter

Trophies
XP
hey guys, i seem to be having a problem, though it slowly continues to convert, it will occasionaly say (not responding) and freeze up for a few seconds, and i was wondering if this would have something to do with the amount of threads im using. i have a quad core, and i have it set to 3. would that be the issue? also would setting it to a lower quality speed up the conversion speed? oh, and the video's i have already converted seem to run a little laggy. is there a fix for this?

Kryak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hey guys, i seem to be having a problem, though it slowly continues to convert, it will occasionaly say (not responding) and freeze up for a few seconds,
I have same problem. Also sometimes 3DS Video is really heavy on CPU usage (up to 40%), none of the other GUI's do the same.

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i seem to be having a problem, though it slowly continues to convert, it will occasionaly say (not responding) and freeze up for a few seconds
which version do u use? the last version (1.2) influences the priority a bit so the GUI should not freeze that much.

sometimes 3DS Video is really heavy on CPU usage (up to 40%), none of the other GUI's do the same.
do you mean ffmpeg or 3ds video ? 'Cause 3dsvideo only looks up some words of a tempfile every 300-500 ms - I've set up the priority of 3ds video a bit (because of the freeze-reasons) but that should bring up the gui to ~25% at most.
Unfortunately we have to make a compromise between a responsive GUI and a lower cpu-usage. At least ffmpeg will use the rest of the cpu^^

i was wondering if this would have something to do with the amount of threads im using. i have a quad core, and i have it set to 3. would that be the issue?
we cant do anything about that. this is all up to ffmpeg. try to use less threads, maybe it runs smoother then.

also would setting it to a lower quality speed up the conversion speed?
sometimes yes, sometimes no - it depends on many things. to reduce quality means that ffmpeg has to do more changes on the source video code. It means that the encoder maybe cannot compress enough to meet your bitrate. You must either increase the bitrate, decrease the frame rate or decrease the frame size to match it. On the other hand a smaller outputfile can be computerized faster.^^

oh, and the video's i have already converted seem to run a little laggy.
look up if the original videos have the same lags. if not, dont start/use other programs at the same time. ffmpeg is fast but it uses much of the cpu

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All in all video conversion is a really claiming thing for the cpu('s). Don't use too great values and don't claim your pc's with other applications during the conversion process - otherwise ffmpeg will drop frames.

I'm doing good by using 24fps and a video bitrate of 6500 Kbps. Even fast scenes are pretty smooth then, the quality is amazing and the converter can handle every file I've tried. If the source video just has ~23.9fps, I am satisfied with 23fps.
I hope these tips can help you out.

RichardLaughter

Trophies
XP
allright thanks man ^_^ ill give them a try, and i use 1.2. hopefully in future builds, speed will be a bit faster, had to wait 2 hours on the last one. also, would it give me a speed boost if i made the destination folder on the computer, instead of my card? my card reader is of coarse usb, so i figured that, the transfer over to the card would tack on some time,

3DLiveMusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thx for new version... but why do you want a specific framerate? what i observe when i remove the fps option that it seems to work at the original framerate... all my converts show 29.970 fps.. good idea for test file! but 3mn seems too long ... The live music videos i produce are between 3mn and 6mn... is it possible to have the ffmpeg command of the new version? to see if i can do something more and if you allow me... thx again for all your work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: