SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@SifJar: I think may be a good option to let us save/load preset. In that way we can share more easy our parameters to convert.

Good idea. If I ever get time to update it, I'll try and add that.
Is it hard to add batch conversion and prefix ?
This application so far is the best one in this category!

In theory, it's possible. It may be quite a bit of work, but I do have an idea about how to do it.

At the moment, I have some exams coming up soon, so it'll most likely be a while before I do anything more on this. If ever :O (I sort of lack motivation, considering I don't have a 3DS)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
(I sort of lack motivation, considering I don't have a 3DS)
It's such a shame...If you open a donation link I'll gladly donate to you because this application had entertained me with videos and movies when there was no network and during blackouts. I'm saying this hoping others donate too if they can and feel you deserve it (as I think you do)

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's such a shame...If you open a donation link I'll gladly donate to you because this application had entertained me with videos and movies when there was no network and during blackouts. I'm saying this hoping others donate too if they can and feel you deserve it (as I think you do)
I won't be opening a donation link for this, I wouldn't feel right accepting money for it. Especially seeing as amzg and BelowZero have contributed also.

If you want to donate, make a donation to a worthwhile charity (not one of the stupid ones that helps dogs or something). There are people far more in need of money than I.

Reactions: 1 person

amzg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I won't be opening a donation link for this, I wouldn't feel right accepting money for it. Especially seeing as amzg and BelowZero have contributed also.

If you want to donate, make a donation to a worthwhile charity (not one of the stupid ones that helps dogs or something). There are people far more in need of money than I.

aplauso.gif

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out some interesting things:

1.) All videoconversions dont work on the 3DS when the input file has a lower framerate than the outputfile.
2.) FFmpeg cant change the audiobitrate by using the necessary codec but it works by using some other codecs.

I'm having much fun to spend my freetime on this program so I'm working on some solutions:
1) By choosing a videofile the program displays some infos about the size, bitrate, framerate etc.. If the user choose a higher video framerate - despite the given info - the program converts the inputfile to an intermediate ".wmv" file with the higher video framerate and then the 'normal' conversion of the intermediate file begins. With this solution the outputfile works on the 3DS with the higher framerate.
2) Bizarrely ffmpeg also provides a change of the audio bitrate by using the wma-codec so the creation of an intermediate wmv-file also works for this option.
- maybe someone could find some better codecs that provide these changes too -

Some other changings i'm working on:
a) extra options: create a short testfile (nice option for programmers but also nice for users to try out some different settings (like different audio volumes or to try out different video bitrates before you let your computer work on a big file for several hours ;) ))
b) audio options: sampling rate, mono / stereo / mute
c) audio options: it may be easier for users to change a percentage value of the Volume than changing a number.

I will post my results soon, if SifJar, amzg & co agree my amateurish botching on their work :lol:

Reactions: 1 person

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country

1.) All videoconversions dont work on the 3DS when the input file has a lower framerate than the outputfile.
2.) FFmpeg cant change the audiobitrate by using the necessary codec but it works by using some other codecs.

I'm having much fun to spend my freetime on this program so I'm working on some solutions:
1) By choosing a videofile the program displays some infos about the size, bitrate, framerate etc.. If the user choose a higher video framerate - despite the given info - the program converts the inputfile to an intermediate ".wmv" file with the higher video framerate and then the 'normal' conversion of the intermediate file begins. With this solution the outputfile works on the 3DS with the higher framerate.
2) Bizarrely ffmpeg also provides a change of the audio bitrate by using the wma-codec so the creation of an intermediate wmv-file also works for this option.

a) extra options: create a short testfile (nice option for programmers but also nice for users to try out some different settings (like different audio volumes or to try out different video bitrates before you let your computer work on a big file for several hours ;) ))
c) audio options: it may be easier for users to change a percentage value of the Volume than changing a number.

I will post my results soon, if SifJar, amzg & co agree my amateurish botching on their work :lol:
WOW!!
To many and GREAT additions. Good luck with it.
May be interesting, when select a new video, if anyone try to use a parameters that cause trouble to show an advise (popup, red words, etc) about that situation. That idea is because convert to an intermediate WMV may take too time. May be let to choose if the user accept that option before begin conversion.

BTW great work to the three creators :yaynds:

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW!!
To many and GREAT additions. Good luck with it.
May be interesting, when select a new video, if anyone try to use a parameters that cause trouble to show an advise (popup, red words, etc) about that situation. That idea is because convert to an intermediate WMV may take too time. May be let to choose if the user accept that option before begin conversion.

BTW great work to the three creators :yaynds:

Yea i thought about it too and i will try to implement it. At least an upscaled framerate wont bring an improvement of quality i guess^^ (depends on how ffmpeg or the codec charges the additional frames)

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

aplauso.gif

They are so cute LOL!

amzg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

thumbs up!! :D

GorkaGarcia

Trophies
XP
Podeis to add audio selector for the files mkv in the converter of 3ds
(podeis añadir selector de audio para los archivos mkv en el conversor de 3ds)

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are u asking this? I'm not getting this. :blink:

Edit: He is asking if someone can add an audio selection option when selecting mkv files in the converter.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country

Edit: He is asking if someone can add an audio selection option when selecting mkv files in the converter.
He is asking for a stream selector for mkv files (good option for other formats too). I don't try a 2 audio streams with 3DS, is it possible?

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

He is asking for a stream selector for mkv files (good option for other formats too). I don't try a 2 audio streams with 3DS, is it possible?
Oh! Thanks for the clarification! :)

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can already choose the stream at the audio options (dunno if it works well, gonna test it soon)

and i will try to display which audio streams are available

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
helllllllllooooo!
ok so i just converted bunch of videos and i puted them all in my 3ds but only 1 of them showed.
all the others wont show and i noticed that only the VID_0001 show the other VID_0002 and 3 wont.
sooooo anyone care to help
btw if this helps the folder is named 103NIN03
and thats the only folder i have.
please help *puppy face*

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try different names. e.g. HNI_9999.avi. Make sure they aren't the same as any images in the folder (e.g. if there was HNI_0001.jpg, don't use HNI_0001.avi)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning