Hacking 3DS update version 9.6.0-24 out now

foolycooly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway won't work on 9.6 for the next couple years at least. Return your 3DS since it's obviously used (no 3DS would come with 9.6 new out of box).

Will it really be a couple years? If so, should I just buy a Sky3DS then?
I bought the new DS today and naively allowed it to update because I hadn't done any research on Gateway, etc.
I bought Smash, but I want to play other games as well and $40/game is too expensive for me.

Thanks for the help

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it really be a couple years? If so, should I just buy a Sky3DS then?
I bought the new DS today and naively allowed it to update because I hadn't done any research on Gateway, etc.
I bought Smash, but I want to play other games as well and $40/game is too expensive for me.

Thanks for the help

Sky3ds is almost certainly going to be blocked, so once it is you'll be stuck never updating your 3DS. (Of course, you won't be able to update with gateway either, but you'll be able to install game updates at least.) Your best option, assuming you bought from a store that allows return/exchange, is to return/exchange it and get one 9.2 or below (see the version by serial thread).

Reactions: Deleted-355425

foolycooly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds is almost certainly going to be blocked, so once it is you'll be stuck never updating your 3DS. (Of course, you won't be able to update with gateway either, but you'll be able to install game updates at least.) Your best option, assuming you bought from a store that allows return/exchange, is to return/exchange it and get one 9.2 or below (see the version by serial thread).

Thanks.
I think I will just go with the Sky3DS. I already paid for warranty on my DS and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning/trading (my store only had 1 DS as well)

lil-g-gamegenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use 3DNUS to update your emunand to 9.5.0-23, it's very easy. :)

can you update from non-9.x versions? i updated my emunand before i saw "Don't update to 9.6!" so i reverted to my nand backup and injected that. i currently running 8.1 (which is what my 3DS came with). Also does 3DNUS suport windows 8? i attempted to download the cia files from 9.5 and after the program said it was finished, all there was, was a empty folder named "9.5.0-23"? any ideas why that would happen?
Thanks.

I think I will just go with the Sky3DS. I already paid for warranty on my DS and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning/trading (my store only had 1 DS as well)
well whether or not you want Gateway or Sky3DS depends on what your going to do with it. what do you want to do with your 3DS?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
can you update from non-9.x versions? i updated my emunand before i saw "Don't update to 9.6!" so i reverted to my nand backup and injected that. i currently running 8.1 (which is what my 3DS came with). Also does 3DNUS suport windows 8? i attempted to download the cia files from 9.5 and after the program said it was finished, all there was, was a empty folder named "9.5.0-23"? any ideas why that would happen?

Did you type 9.5.0-23 in title id and USA in version?

so is there any point in updating a N3DS with firmware 9.0 to 9.2? what do you need to do it?

Cooking Mama Bon Appetit, but it's useless to update from 9.0 to 9.2

Kirit0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 9.5 emunand saved on my computer, could i downgrade somehow and use it like i never upgraded my 2ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up