Hacking 3DS update version 9.6.0-24 out now

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dumb question but who do people care so much about updating their games? Did the newer version of Smash Bros. actually add anything? I can understand Mario Kart 7 as it fixes some glitches. I noticed even Majora's Mask has an update that people are seeking yet the game doesn't even have online play. Genuinely curious.

The newer version of Smash bros added amiibo support and online share of replays.
Majora's Mask update fixed a glitch that could allow the player to have all masks (and other bugs).

Reactions: Hammyface

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question but who do people care so much about updating their games? Did the newer version of Smash Bros. actually add anything? I can understand Mario Kart 7 as it fixes some glitches. I noticed even Majora's Mask has an update that people are seeking yet the game doesn't even have online play. Genuinely curious.

It's all about that Stability™, man.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France

If a game have an update, you can't play it online anymore until you update the game.

Pokemon recently released an update and if you don't have it, the game won't let you use the online anymore

So it's just for that, like you said, no-online games updates aren't really important for most peoples.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, we expected this. But someone reported that they were having issues with Sky3DS and this FW update... Although I'm pretty sure it might be a faulty cart.

So Amiibos are here. Another dongle to buy for the O3DSXL. Yay.
Anything that uses Amiibo gets an update. Okay...
HOME menu gets some new tweaks to sell more crap. Great.
eShop gets some new tweaks to sell more crap. Bravo.
Sky3DS still left alone. I guess they're okay with that since we need headers anyhow.
Still no GW 9.6 emuNAND? Prolly waiting for this update to happen anyways. Then 9.7 will come out... rinse, wash, repeat.

And the sun came up today, but it was a bit cloudy here.

Oh look... a Diskwriter update... hrm...

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because you Literately Cant play smash bros 4 at all without updating, (if you have played it before) it wont load your savedata

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i was not aware of this feature.... does that patch the entire GW mode to spoof FW or only gateway games? i cant use this to launch the store right?
What it does is update emuand to the FW version the card contains. The only way to get eshop is to update to 9.6 but then emunand black screens, so I am told. :) This feature is one of the primary reasons for the existence of emunand. Play the game in emunand SOMYOU can update without updating your sysnand. N

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Why is it useless?

until they fix emunand 9.6, I cannot system transfer. I'm not going to migrate from o3ds without system transfer since it does not add new functionality (apart from playing xenoblade) and is a lot more inconvenient than mset. That said I really want to access eshop on my home region at least and even that is not easy now

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
why not just transfer your saves?

another gateway update might not happen

As I explained, it does not add much over o3ds + gw...I was really looking at migrating from my 9.6 sysnand set to n3ds + gw.
If gw waits too long, and somehow emunand 9.6 becomes supported by cfw..I will consider that option but it means waitway has failed too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm