Gaming 3DS update coming June 6th

aznlylboi512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm not sure have this been said since there are plenty of post already. yes i too felt that the 3ds was release pretty immaturely but i might be speculating on this there not really prove but judging from this couldn't nintendo felt that after sony unveil plans for ngp and i know even though it not near anywhere to finish maybe they felt they might lose the hype and decided to release it early along with a pretty crappy launch title so it could get a first jump on the new gen handheld? cause looking at the release date on the games that really caught most gamers eyes are game that coming either summer or next fall and since they already have that much game maybe they felt other game title such as steel diver etc might not get much of the action if everyone jump on and play resident evil star fox and zelda?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
dsfanatic5 said:
I don't understand the need to complain, since it won't change anything. Like everyone else, I have been really looking forward to this update, but it's not that much longer to wait. I only hope that on June 6th the servers won't be so busy that my update takes hours, and that the update addresses bugs and performance issues as well.
I don't see the need to complain about the British taxing Americans to starvation, it's not going to change anyth-- oh wait, there was a revolution in your country wasn't there?
Why complain about anything if it "won't change anything"?
Why wake up in the morning?
Why anything?
Because we feel vindicated in doing so.

QUOTE(aznlylboi512 @ May 14 2011, 11:10 AM) hmm not sure have this been said since there are plenty of post already. yes i too felt that the 3ds was release pretty immaturely but i might be speculating on this there not really prove but judging from this couldn't nintendo felt that after sony unveil plans for ngp and i know even though it not near anywhere to finish maybe they felt they might lose the hype and decided to release it early along with a pretty crappy launch title so it could get a first jump on the new gen handheld? cause looking at the release date on the games that really caught most gamers eyes are game that coming either summer or next fall and since they already have that much game maybe they felt other game title such as steel diver etc might not get much of the action if everyone jump on and play resident evil star fox and zelda?
prematurely, and mixing tenses.
What grade you in? (not being cnk, just curious)

They wanted to release it at the end of the fiscal year to bump up their earnings.
That's all there is to it.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
dsfanatic5 said:
I don't understand the need to complain, since it won't change anything. Like everyone else, I have been really looking forward to this update, but it's not that much longer to wait. I only hope that on June 6th the servers won't be so busy that my update takes hours, and that the update addresses bugs and performance issues as well.
I don't see the need to complain about the British taxing Americans to starvation, it's not going to change anyth-- oh wait, there was a revolution in your country wasn't there?
Why anything?
Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder, or perhaps you're just an angry person. Referring to Nintendo and the 3DS, it is safe to presume that complaining won't make the update come sooner. I like the overly dramatic emotion in your response though
smile.gif

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I knew everything was not with my 3DS before I bought it.
I don't care. I really like my 3ds and the features it has right now.
Wow another week wait. I still don't care. I still like my 3DS and its features.
And when I get the enhancement I will like it even more.
I like the anxiety of the excitement of the moment!
I wish this would happen more often.
I'll be happy but I'm 100% positive and also absolutely sure SOMEONE WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!.
I have like all my dses My Lite, My DSI, My DSI XL, and my 3DS. Keep up the good work Nintendo.
If you don't like the features then it is simple don't wast your money. Why buy something you are going to complain about. Duh!

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantheo said:
Holy smokes, I just realized something...

The 3DS' upcoming browser, Netfront, is said to support Java. If this is true, then I should be able to play Minecraft on its homepage. :wtf:

Edit: Or at least load the game - actually playing it could be problematic, due to the lack of a keyboard.
tongue.gif

Does it ? Its homepage doesn't say so. Granted, it supports JavaScript, but only a complete moron would confuse them both. Not even to mention that 3DS has too limited resources to run Minecraft and Java virtual machine and Netfront at the same time using mere 32 MB of memory...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
dsfanatic5 said:
Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder, or perhaps you're just an angry person. Referring to Nintendo and the 3DS, it is safe to presume that complaining won't make the update come sooner. I like the overly dramatic emotion in your response though
smile.gif

wot?
I bought the 3ds on launch because I knew the eshop and online features would come out. I'm in no hurry.
tongue.gif

You so silly. I just play devil's advocate.

QUOTE(dsfanatic5 @ May 15 2011, 04:03 AM) Granted, it supports JavaScript, but only a complete moron would confuse them both.
Y so meany?
They both has java in the name, so it's easy to confuse them, or assume they are similar.
Only a complete moron would believe everyone knows how to program or script crappy languages.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
dsfanatic5 said:
Why anything?

I'm sorry, you seem to think that this getting delayed is a matter of life or death. Where in the fucking world did you come up with the idea that the British taxing Americans to starvation was ANYWHERE NEAR related to people whining about Nintendo not releasing things that were not done at the very moment the 3DS hit shelves. ESSPECIALLY when we knew that they weren't going to be released right away. WE WERE TOLD THAT FROM THE START.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...5 pages on this thread so far, but...am I really the first one to say he is glad that it is delayed 'til just before E3? And not in the sense of "it's okay", but really glad?

Think about it: conventions like E3 are a way to start hypes. And while this doesn't really prove that releasing this is a way to pump up the crowd, nintendo surely knows that it is convenient. And that the very last thing they want is that update to get a bad review (in these times, even a couple of hours is enough to inform all the reporters there as to what that update really contains).
And that directly plays in that other rumour: the one about the update bricking hacked 3DS'es. I didn't really believe in that before, but the chances I gave it just dropped significantly. As even a single reported brick could pop up nasty questions, and easily overshadow any fancy features that it would bring (MS and sony fanboys would have a field day: "nintendo bricking their own handhelds to get everyone to buy that new wii2").

@shinkukage09: he already said he was just playing devil's advocate.
...which was pretty obvious, if you ask me (I don't need smileys to spot this sort of humor)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Things I hope with the update:

1. Browser with no lags and with FLASH
laugh.gif

2. Bug fixes

3. eShop with many great apps and maybe even some like facebook, windows live messenger or skype (possibly even a mail app to let us access our mail)
laugh.gif

Haha, just hope...
nyanya.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
shinkukage09 said:
I'm sorry, you seem to think that this getting delayed is a matter of life or death. Where in the fucking world did you come up with the idea that the British taxing Americans to starvation was ANYWHERE NEAR related to people whining about Nintendo not releasing things that were not done at the very moment the 3DS hit shelves. ESSPECIALLY when we knew that they weren't going to be released right away. WE WERE TOLD THAT FROM THE START.
lern2read.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
So you have all (as have I) purchased this "prematurely released" system? I purchased it earlier than I needed to because
A- My Dsi was beyond repair
B- The game I really wanted it for was out 2 months after, and I would rather have already rinsed an earlier pay packet on the system without making myself skint in June by buying the system and Ocarina 3d.

I knew that the E-Shop etc wasn't going to be out for a while, but still I paid for the 3DS as I know that there will be a whole bunch of VC titles I want to waste my May-June pay packet on- I would rather have a 3DS without those tempting expenses looking at me than to see them all lined up and already be in my overdraft.

Anyone else think Nintendo thought ahead here, and gave us the chance to gather some money to spend on the E-shop the day it comes out? The extra week delay is slightly annoying but if nothing else it is ensuring that every single 3DS owner will be going through it with a fine toothed comb the day it is launched- mostly looking for things to bitch about but probably finding things to spend money on in the process

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:

laugh.gif

2. Bug fixes

3. eShop with many great apps and maybe even some like facebook, windows live messenger or skype (possibly even a mail app to let us access our mail)
laugh.gif

Haha, just hope...
nyanya.gif
I've crossed out everything where you're expecting to much. Remember, this is Nintendo.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chao1212 said:
chris888222 said:

laugh.gif

2. Bug fixes

laugh.gif

Haha, just hope...
nyanya.gif
I've crossed out everything where you're expecting to much. Remember, this is Nintendo.
That is why the 'just hope' is there?
tongue.gif

Browser with flash might be possible though, lags depend on connection.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
-Eshop... What the people expect:
QUOTE said:
An appstore like shop with tons of both paid and free apps

What the people will actually get:
QUOTEA DsiWare Bis, with overpriced apps and only 2-3 free apps that should actually been included in the system in the first place.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
boudincaca said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEA DsiWare Bis, with overpriced apps and only 2-3 free apps that should actually been included in the system in the first place.

I hate to say it, but I agree with this. Nintendo do love to give you something for free which is worth exactly what you pay for it (or in the case of the stars catalogue, something worth 3000 times less than you paid for it).

I don't even know why I am looking forward to virtual console, as I can emulate most of that stuff for free on the DS. Maybe years of Rom-based guilt have built up inside me and made me want to pay Ninty again for something I already own

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
boudincaca said:
QUOTE said:

I hate to say it, but I agree with this. Nintendo do love to give you something for free which is worth exactly what you pay for it (or in the case of the stars catalogue, something worth 3000 times less than you paid for it).

I don't even know why I am looking forward to virtual console, as I can emulate most of that stuff for free on the DS. Maybe years of Rom-based guilt have built up inside me and made me want to pay Ninty again for something I already own

I know..it's a joke ain't it! Good for new-comers/young kids, but not so great for people who played these games when they were little and have to repurchase it multiple times...although I'd stick to ROM's for the classics for now too.
Having said that, i am excited to see what's in store
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!