Homebrew 3DS Update 10.3.0-28 released

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its just the NVer that's screwing 10.1 and lower over then if Smea finds a mean to Spoof that, other than when a Backend changes breaking URLS, in theopry w/ a new update a Nver spoof would be all thats needed for HANS to get into the eShop?
It looks like when you sign into NNID (for ANYTHING), it checks the NVer. That level of spoof is not possible for 9.3+ afaik.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Welp, 9.5.0-28U (updated Nver ONLY) at least boots.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now use HANS and it should let you back into the eShop, at least if you have an NNID (can't test the scenario without one).
Actually, using FMP lets me get pasted the NNID sign in screen, where i get some info about changes to the ID-linking process.

(basic stuff about credit card info being saved to the id and not the console and such)

edit:

Weird, it made me select my information settings again.. (do i want notices from the eshop, can the eshop send nintendo info about my habits, etc)

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: daxtsu

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, can confirm that by updating JUST NVer to the latest version, cfw/emunand users on the N3DS can access the eshop. As always, make a backup of your emunand before attempting this.

edit:

If you are using 3DNUS to download, you want the following title and version:

000400DB20016302 v443

This will update your system to X.X.X-28X.

If for some reason you want to reinstall the -23X version, it is v368.

For you weirdos on the O3DS who for some reason refuse to update to 10.2.0-28X, you want the following title:

000400DB00016302 v443

It is VERY important that users understand these are two DIFFERENT titles. Installing the N3DS one to an O3DS or the O3DS one to a N3DS will very likely brick the emunand (hope you made a backup first).

And, as always, back up your emunand before installing system titles.

Last edited by Aroth,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, can confirm that by updating JUST NVer to the latest version, cfw/emunand users on the N3DS can access the eshop. As always, make a backup of your emunand before attempting this.

Still need HANS to properly download anything (or an updated eShop CIA, I'm going to try again to make one), but yeah.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still need HANS to properly download anything (or an updated eShop CIA, I'm going to try again to make one), but yeah.
Yes of course. I actually spent the better part of a day on it last week after the maintenance before I gave up :/

Reactions: daxtsu

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I find it funny how Nintendo updates but doesn't even bother to add a half decent feature as an incentive for updating. It's gotten to the point were nobody is even missing out on anything by not updating! :rofl2:

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny how Nintendo updates but doesn't even bother to add a half decent feature as an incentive for updating. It's gotten to the point were nobody is even missing out on anything by not updating! :rofl2:

Well we miss out for about 3-4 hours before someone figures out how to get around it. Took us all of two hours this time, but the maintenance thing where they changed the urls took almost a day to bypass iirc.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from access to the pokemon bank if they use it ?

Actually testing that right now, and it looks like it works as well for N3DS users if they update NVer. Again JUST NVer and make sure to grab the N3DS NVer, not the O3DS one.

Theswweet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm; I'm able to get onto the eShop using HANS with my O3DS on 10.1, but not my N3DS on 9.9. I think it has to do with the fact that I have no NNID linked to my O3DS.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What if one has a 9.9 O3ds...am I better off updating and forgetting about menuhax and go for Ninjhax instead?

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two 3DSes:

Old 3DS (Blue)
New 3DS (Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer)

I'm not updating neither. The Old 3DS has GameYob (I have saves from Pokemon Crystal and the English hack of Pokemon Green) and the New 3DS can run SNES and GBA almost perfect from what I heard.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay