Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nice to hear people working on other methods though, have you got the info for generating the unlock code from bkifft?
I glimpsed at his source code a few weeks ago to see how the unlock code was generated. It looked like a simple XOR operation with a hardcoded 16-byte key.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I glimpsed at his source code a few weeks ago to see how the unlock code was generated. It looked like a simple XOR operation with a hardcoded 16-byte key.
cool im thinking to maybe pick an adapter up for testing.....if it does work it would make a nice internal mod for unbricking...shame it would kinda rule out the nand restore process. but it would be good to offer for people who are really determined to stay on b2 :D

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
RaspberryPi

Use this repo if you own a raspberry pi, the readme has a detailed description how to do it https://github.com/bkifft/RPU

Arduino

This repo is for arduino owners, while the code works perfectly, if you use a resistor based voltage divider, it wont work because the eMMC chip needs a perfect clk line and data lines (square-ish signals, what cant be achieved with resistors) https://github.com/krisztian1997/3dsunbricker
is this confirmed? i tested the arduino weeks with a shield without success. same wiring worked on the first try on raspy

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Aye: simple Vernam style One time pad using XOR on the CID and a constant key. Only problem were some bit/byte/wordorder shenanigans (resorted to bruteforce all possible 32 combinations in the end, turned out i only had to swap the byteorder in the key words).

And even though most 3DSes seem to be unbricked by now: as long as you have the spare time and you like this kind of work: go for it. Never hurts to have alternatives.

cool im thinking to maybe pick an adapter up for testing.....if it does work it would make a nice internal mod for unbricking...shame it would kinda rule out the nand restore process. but it would be good to offer for people who are really determined to stay on b2 :D
_Tim_ could code the data read/write functionality too (If he/she want's to of course). On the Pi i just saw no use for it, but having this baby installed as a HW mod would be the first step to a holy eMMC grail.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
_Tim_ could code the data read/write functionality too (If he/she want's to of course). On the Pi i just saw no use for it, but having this baby installed as a HW mod would be the first step to a holy eMMC grail.

Yeah I'm not sure if it would be worth it assuming 2.0 final comes out and is safe, but in the worst case scenario of gateway genuinely doing a runner and leaving people with buggy b1 or bricky b2, would be nice to have a fairly cheap internal method for unbricking

Suppose it might still be handy for 3dslink and r4i users even if gateway does release their update

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi.I've dsxl bricked. So, if i've understood well, even if i don't have a nand dump, it's possible to unbrick the 3ds???

Wooow..is it true??

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, if its a "gateway style" brick, but if for example you just overwrote your nand it wouldn't help in that case. but any brick caused by any launcher should be perfectly unbrickable

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Woooooow!!
No i've bricked using an R43DS with a shit gateway loader. So where i can find a tutorial step to step, cause i can give it to a friend of mine(i'm not able), please gamequest1, tell me

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Woooooow!!
No i've bricked using an R43DS with a shit gateway loader. So where i can find a tutorial step to step, cause i can give it to a friend of mine(i'm not able), please gamequest1, tell me
http://gbatemp.net/threads/video-gu...isting-nand-dump-using-the-new-method.362609/
video is from a older build, you can now simply run the unlock command and it will be unbricked

to be able to do this you will need to have the nand-SD card mod which is well documented here

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds-xl.350668/

the whole process will involve soldering to the 3DS and will also need a raspberry pi to perform the unlock

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you. For me it's very complicated. So there isn't an official and organic guide written step by step..

well, don't know about organic, but the text only master guide: https://github.com/bkifft/RPU/blob/master/RPU_guide.txt (which should suffice if you can pull of the soldering).

and a somewhat outdated italian translation (current version of the tool does a true unbrick instead of a forced NAND format, thus no longer requiring flashing back a backup. the setup/start part of this translation is still correct): http://www.moddingstudio.com/content.php?1697-Guida-al-recupero-dei-3DS-brickati-(Gateway-brick)

and as always: if you like it, send me smut.

Reactions: zebrone

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tx bkifft. I've witten on MS (i'm italian). They 've told me that it's not sure this method could unbrick 3ds without a nand dump.Also, Someone said that if i send my bricked console, he will try!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto