Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
Tested the cia extractor, worked with Class Assasination :yay:
Nice to hear that it works!

I'm just about to update the thing which changes the RomFS extractor and rebuilder options a little bit (it will now extract them inside of a separate folder and will also extract/rebuild ExeFS files.)
It will also fix a small thing with the background music player.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does this tool extract game files (scripts, graphics, music, etc.) without having to use a 3DS?

I have not used any tools to edit 3DS games before, so I am not very knowledgeable about tools like this one.

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
So, does this tool extract game files (scripts, graphics, music, etc.) without having to use a 3DS?

I have not used any tools to edit 3DS games before, so I am not very knowledgeable about tools like this one.
Well, you do need a 3ds because you need to dump the game.
With the dumped game data, you can place it inside the 3DS-Title-Manager folder, open the toolkit, and you will be able to extract and rebuild a title (.3ds and .cia only), or simply extract the RomFS and ExeFS files (.3ds, .cia or .cxi).
If you have CFW, this can be really great to use if you want to modify a game and install it.
If you don't have it however, then you can use HANS with HBL, and an edited romfs.bin file (for romhacks).

You could call this toolkit a simplified version of this one: HackingToolkit3DS, also know has PackHack

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the dumped game data, you can place it inside the 3DS-Title-Manager folder, open the toolkit, and you will be able to extract and rebuild a title (.3ds and .cia only), or simply extract the RomFS and ExeFS files (.3ds, .cia or .cxi).
If you have CFW, this can be really great to use if you want to modify a game and install it.
If you don't have it however, then you can use HANS with HBL, and an edited romfs.bin file (for romhacks).

You could call this toolkit a simplified version of this one: HackingToolkit3DS, also know has PackHack
Technically you don't need a 3DS if you download a decrypted CIA from that iso site. If the dumps were made with Decrypt9, then the dumps would be decrypted.

Reactions: AntiMach

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, you still need to do the Decrypt9 parts of that tutorial if you use this tool, but it simplifies the other parts of the tutorial?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you still need to do the Decrypt9 parts of that tutorial if you use this tool, but it simplifies the other parts of the tutorial?
Technically you don't need a 3DS if you download a decrypted CIA from that iso site. If the dumps were made with Decrypt9, then the dumps would be decrypted.
If you decide to use your own dumps you will need to use Decrypt9 to decrypt them.

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the changes to the CIA, but when I go to Rebuild a Title, and select the directory (in my case, sun - cia), it says done and there's not CIA. Or is this used to rebuild a CIA at all?

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, here it is...
3DS Title Manager

What you can do with it

• Extract 3DS and CIA files, as well as rebuilding them
  • Extract only the RomFS from 3DS, CIA or CXI files into a directory, and rebuilding the RomFS for HANS
  • Play some music in the background, while it's doing everything :P (You can turn it off in the settings menu)
For now, you can only do the things listed above, however, if you want me to add something then please tell me!

How to use it

• Use the arrow keys (up and down) to move the cursor, and press enter to select an option.
  • Need help? Just ask me down bellow
  • To change background music, open the folder .data, then the folder bgm. Inside, just put your musics inside, and you will be able to change the music in the settings menu (must be an mp3 file) (if it's your first time using the tool, and the bgm folder has musics inside, then you will be asked if you want background music, and then you will be prompted to select a music)
What not to do

• Do not edit any files inside the .data folder! (With the exception of the bgm folder)
  • Do not move or delete any files during any extraction or rebuilding process. (duh)
  • Do not edit anything inside the "3DS Title Manager.bat" file!
Credits

• Quiet - Joe Richards
  • cmdmp3 - Jim Lawless
  • 3dstool - Sun Daowen
  • ctrtool - Neimod, 3DSGuy & Profi200
  • makerom - 3DSGuy & Profi200
  • batbox - DarkBatcher
  • Inspiration: HackingToolkit3DS - @Asia81
So, here is a(n outdated) preview:

Download here: https://github.com/TheMachinumps/3DS-Title-Manager (Select the "Clone or a download" option, then "Download ZIP")

WARNING: Musics may be a bit too loud! Please turn down the volume.

Looks great :)

I want to make you an offer:

1.) I would like to make a version of the tool to have a Script File for macOS.

2.) I think i can translate the whole thing to german language, think that would help lots of People.
And my last idee were to mac an .exe with all Files included. Then you can have only 1 file because the Folders are inside the exe
So if someone interessted i think i can do it

Theas let me know if there Things you need ( other translation or ...)
Would be happy if somewone would then test my first 3DS Program :)

And if i'm finished (hope it takes not this long time i will contact of the project to get his/her ok for the publish.
This version would not implement new features it's just a converted and Translated version

You can then also add my modifikations to your Github repo, i send you the modified files here via PM or you can give me an email.
If you don't want that, please tell me than i release it on my Git Account under another Name and in the Quotes i will post your name and that my moddificatio haven't ever be finished.

Last edited by noX1609,

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I made the changes to the CIA, but when I go to Rebuild a Title, and select the directory (in my case, sun - cia), it says done and there's not CIA. Or is this used to rebuild a CIA at all?
How long did it take to rebuild the game? Also, what folders do you have inside of "sun - cia"?

Looks great :)

I want to make you an offer:

1.) I would like to make a version of the tool to have a Script File for macOS.

2.) I think i can translate the whole thing to german language, think that would help lots of People.
And my last idee were to mac an .exe with all Files included. Then you can have only 1 file because the Folders are inside the exe
So if someone interessted i think i can do it

Theas let me know if there Things you need ( other translation or ...)
Would be happy if somewone would then test my first 3DS Program :)

And if i'm finished (hope it takes not this long time i will contact of the project to get his/her ok for the publish.
This version would not implement new features it's just a converted and Translated version

You can then also add my modifikations to your Github repo, i send you the modified files here via PM or you can give me an email.
If you don't want that, please tell me than i release it on my Git Account under another Name and in the Quotes i will post your name and that my moddificatio haven't ever be finished.
That would be great, but I don't think executables such as ctrtool or 3dstool work on any other OS other than Windows (unless you make your own version of those tools).

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I found out why CIAs weren't being rebuilt... I had messed up something in the code D:
EDIT: My computer froze while I was testing the CIA rebuilder.... FML

Last edited by AntiMach,

caspdome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Fixed the CIA/3DS rebuilder =)

Nice tool, but I tried it myself and rebuilding a cia doesn't work properly, it show the info on screen about the repacking and stuff, but there's not an output folder or file.
Tested about 5 minutes ago.

caspdome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it doesn't matter at all what game it is, because rebuilding manually using a command prompt and updated tools worked flawlessly for me, but when I tried your tool didn't have the same result.

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it doesn't matter at all what game it is, because rebuilding manually using a command prompt and updated tools worked flawlessly for me, but when I tried your tool didn't have the same result.
Do you have the "(name) - cia" folder in the same directory of the "3DS Title Manager", and does it have the "Partition 0" folder inside (at least)?
If it does, then I don't know what happens. It works just fine for me when I try with "Super Mario 3D Land" (I just used that game to test it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one