Gaming 3DS Secrets

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
does this exploit work on something like flickr? i mean, upload pics that show up as 3D on the 3DS? because it would be so~ fucking awesome if it does. can't try it right now, net's too funked up to work with as wifi. heck, if it works on something like mediafire and other uploader sites, it would be cool. it's just like hosting your own gallery, without the actual gallery.
It not an exploit, but an intentional feature.
I don't have a flickr account, but it should work if flickr doesn't use Flash to upload images.
well, i suppose it's intended to work that way, but if it works on flickr, then it's basically an exploit. why? because image uploaders usually only allow you to upload a 2D picture. they way you're saying it is like if you uploaded a picture from your 3DS, it uploads BOTH .jpg and .mpo files (because you can't see the 3D if it didn't upload the .mpo, and i don't even know if image uploaders accept .mpo). with those limitations in mind, if it works, then it's definitely an exploit, because that's not how image uploaders work.

putting that aside, flickr supports HTML uploading (for people with slow nets, or if you're having problems with their default flash uploader). i think i'm gonna try this now.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think it just uploads the .mpo - it's down to the individual site how to deal with it. Id imagine most content management systems these days have to ability to dynamically convert an mpo to jpg. Weather that ability is enabled in various sites I don't know.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it just uploads the .mpo - it's down to the individual site how to deal with it. Id imagine most content management systems these days have to ability to dynamically convert an mpo to jpg. Weather that ability is enabled in various sites I don't know.
I did some experimenting and apparently mpo files can be opened as jpegs.
Mpo files are probably jpeg files with a second image attached, which will be ignored by programs that don't support it.
The 3DS just renames it from HNI_XXXX.mpo to HNI_XXXXmpo.jpg.
It definitely not the site that does this, as it also works on sites that don't accept mpo files.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe flickr crops the second image out of the file. I know that imageshack does this.
Also you can only see the picture in 3D when you directly access them. If it's part of the site it will only be in 2D.
It works very good on chan boards.

D

Deleted User

I got my 3DS before launch and it's awesome!
yaynds.gif

Anyways, today I discovered 3 secrets.. well they're not really secrets; they're more like cool/weird things people didn't know about the 3DS.
Below are the 3 secrets I found + the secrets tempers found and cared to share
smile.gif

1. This trick can be done in either 3DS Camera or 3DS Sound:

Hit 'Settings' then choose 'Interface Color'.
    Now, grab the little square and flick it!
    laugh.gif
    Yeah that's it, but I bet you never knew that.
  2. This trick can be done using the 3DS Camera app, so open that. Go to the 'Take Picture' mode and hit down on the d-pad. Yes, that's pretty useful.
    smile.gif
  3. This isn't really a trick, but some retarded discovery. Try going to the friends list page and change your status/message and try typing a number. Yup, you can't write down more than 5 digits, even if you put spaces or letters between. I guess this is Nintendo's way to ensure you don't share your phone numbers.
    tongue.gif
  4. In the AR Games Globe app, shoot the Earth over and over again and it will explode into hundreds of pieces. A message will pop up to warn you to look after our planet! You'll have to purchase the globe again.
  5. While in one of the visualizers in 3DS Sound, twiddle the analog stick to control the Game and Watch soccer match taking place in the background.
  6. When you play AR Games Fishing, the type of fish that appear depends on the colour of the surface that the card is sat on (Red: Cheep Cheeps; Green: Koopa Shells; Blue: Sardines; Yellow: Mr AR; Black: UFOs!)
  7. A blue Parakeet appears if you manage to streetpass music with other people.
  8. You can use the circle pad to move the spaceship around in 3DS Sound
  9. Hold Start or Select to load a DS game in original res
  10. If you select in 3DS Sound the Mario and the coin sound and pres the coin sound 100 times, you hear a one-up sound!

So what 'secrets' did you find? If it's anything useful/interesting/just fun post it/them here!

edit: Just added all the secrets you guys found. I knew about most of them, but I didn't think they were really secrets.
tongue.gif
If I didn't add one of your discoveries, then it was probably too obvious/not worthy of being kept in the list. I appreciate the fact that you guys are caring to share though!!
smile.gif
Knew them all.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Apr 27 2011, 05:08 PM)
Utterly pointless, but I found that if you rest a shut 3DS on top of a shut DSi, the 3DS won't enter sleep-mode.

Really? That's awesome! Pointless, but awesome.

And slightly disturbing if you think about it for a bit.

Reactions: 1 person

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really understand why the 3DS doesnt go into sleep mode on top of a dsi, just seems weird xD but sounds cool, wish I could test it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk