3DS Secrets

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Lucifer666, Apr 25, 2011.

Apr 25, 2011

3DS Secrets by Lucifer666 at 9:13 AM (24,422 Views / 1 Likes) 69 replies

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    I got my 3DS before launch and it's awesome! [​IMG]
    Anyways, today I discovered 3 secrets.. well they're not really secrets; they're more like cool/weird things people didn't know about the 3DS.
    Below are the 3 secrets I found + the secrets tempers found and cared to share [​IMG]
    [*] This trick can be done in either 3DS Camera or 3DS Sound:
    Hit 'Settings' then choose 'Interface Color'.
    Now, grab the little square and flick it! [​IMG] Yeah that's it, but I bet you never knew that.[*]This trick can be done using the 3DS Camera app, so open that. Go to the 'Take Picture' mode and hit down on the d-pad. Yes, that's pretty useful. [​IMG][*]This isn't really a trick, but some retarded discovery. Try going to the friends list page and change your status/message and try typing a number. Yup, you can't write down more than 5 digits, even if you put spaces or letters between. I guess this is Nintendo's way to ensure you don't share your phone numbers. [​IMG][*]In the AR Games Globe app, shoot the Earth over and over again and it will explode into hundreds of pieces. A message will pop up to warn you to look after our planet! You'll have to purchase the globe again.[*]While in one of the visualizers in 3DS Sound, twiddle the analog stick to control the Game and Watch soccer match taking place in the background.[*]When you play AR Games Fishing, the type of fish that appear depends on the colour of the surface that the card is sat on (Red: Cheep Cheeps; Green: Koopa Shells; Blue: Sardines; Yellow: Mr AR; Black: UFOs!)[*]A blue Parakeet appears if you manage to streetpass music with other people.[*]You can use the circle pad to move the spaceship around in 3DS Sound[*]Hold Start or Select to load a DS game in original res[*]If you select in 3DS Sound the Mario and the coin sound and pres the coin sound 100 times, you hear a one-up sound!

So what 'secrets' did you find? If it's anything useful/interesting/just fun post it/them here!

edit: Just added all the secrets you guys found. I knew about most of them, but I didn't think they were really secrets. [​IMG] If I didn't add one of your discoveries, then it was probably too obvious/not worthy of being kept in the list. I appreciate the fact that you guys are caring to share though!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

2. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    thoughts:
    1st one i knew , also the bird tells
    2. Holy crap, gyroscope testing
    3. interesting

3. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    1. nice to chose some colors.
    2. Nice one! [​IMG]
    3. LOL

4. LDE

Newcomer LDE Advanced Member

Australia
    2 is really helpful while 3 is interesting I find it kinda stupid....wonder if there is a way to get past that...

5. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I didn't know about any of those.

It's amazing how deep the 3DS's OS is, I'm still finding new things out about it. Good post, Darmanitan.

6. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    +1 to you pretty good post and good to see people are still learning about the 3DS a while after launch.

7. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Thanks guys [​IMG]
    I'm still searching for more of that stuff in the 3DS's OS and Snailface, I couldnt agree more. It's impressive.

8. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    phone no: 01234567890: OI2E4S678P0 or )!"£$%^&*()

9. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    The second one is there so you can have a picture that's level with the horizon.

Here's some other tricks,
    • In the 3DS Sound application, speak into the microphone and the parakeet will mimic what you say.
    • While in one of the visualizers in 3DS Sound, twiddle the analog stick to control the Game and Watch soccer match taking place in the background.
    • When you play AR Games Fishing, the type of fish that appear depends on the colour of the surface that the card is sat on (Red: Cheep Cheeps; Green: Koopa Shells; Blue: Sardines; Yellow: Mr AR; Black: UFOs!)
    • In the AR Clock application, get up close to the cuckoo that jumps out to chirp the number of hours passed and he will crack your screen. If he knocks it enough times, it will shatter and he will change colour from blue to black.
    • In the AR Games Globe app, shoot the Earth over and over again and it will explode into hundreds of pieces. A message will pop up to warn you to look after our planet! You'll have to purchase the globe again.
    credit

10. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Nice find on the second and third.

11. sonicsmash2

Member sonicsmash2 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Other things if you didnt know [​IMG]
    That starfox looking pilot thingy in the sounds, you can move it with the D-pad and shoot with L and R, but its got aimbot [​IMG]
    Might sound to obvious but it doesnt hurt to help, you can put more than 1 AR card which looking at your character cards (? card is also a character card)
    A blue Parakeet can also appear if you manage to streetpass music with other people.
    Another obvious but just incase, you could blow into the mic at the menu to make the app title on the top screen spin.
    A usefull one, when you select a Regular DS/Lite game to play, hold Start, Select, L and R to change the screen resolution and view the original graphics of a DS/Lite once the game is on startup (black screen)

12. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Just Start + Select actually.

13. M[u]ddy

Member M[u]ddy GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Actually it's just Start or Select.

14. sonicsmash2

Member sonicsmash2 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    oh lol, guess we are not all right sometimes [​IMG]

15. ninditsu

Member ninditsu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i really like the 2nd one about the take a picture. nice find

16. kiafazool

Member kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    lol i wish i had a 3ds to try these out

someone make a video
    [​IMG]

17. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    Fairly useless but in the stair visualization you can press the shoulder buttons to make the guy get random stuff including a lollipop, something with a Japanese flag, and a cloud of sparkley shit.

18. MaToVy

Newcomer MaToVy Newbie

Poland
    You can make the cuckoo hit the screen if you move it close enough in the Clock AR app. After couple of hits it will explode.

19. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    What the heck ?? Discovery, finds, secrets ?? COME ONE, RTFM already !!

Pip'

20. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    The 3DS top screen is highly reflective* and easy to see if sunlight is shining on it. Just turn down the brightness (it doesn't help) and 3d (you can't see it anyway**) and enjoy saving your battery!

*this is surprising as backlit screens usually do terribly in sunshine
    **you'll see double images with a sunlit screen if 3d is turned on