Hacking 3DS rom dump info

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, don't get too excited. My Horse 3D actually did have a physical release 2 weeks before the eshop release in Europe. No physical release in America though. GameFAQs dates says as much.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan, I looked all over but could not locate the post with the "guide to unlock the file size restriction".
Are you sure it was on GBATemp.net?
Yes, it's from Zonzorg, in this same thread, but the post looks all "missing text", so there's no explanation anymore :/
It involve editing the .xsd file, so you can have a look inside it. You can convert integer to unsigned long to get bigger ROM Size.
replace <xs:element name="romSize" type="xs:integer" minOccurs="0"/>
by <xs:element name="romSize" type="xs:unsignedLong" minOccurs="0"/>

You can also add your own tags (like 3rd image if needed, like screenshot+cover+icon)

his own updated file (include 4 images, and all the data from my dat, it use romSize64 tag too)
There's also a AdvanceScene dat fix for OfflineList 0.7.3 beta2 (if you want to use their dat with OL instead of 3DSCRC)

Any word on reopening the FTP?
no, he didn't reply here.
IcySon55 was last seen: Dec 6, 2012

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... Now that I'm almost COMPLETELY done with it you mention that? LOL

Jk, seriously though, does the size really matter? I mean in all honesty OL doesnt even allow the use of the extractor for the games. Personally I was just going to edit it myself just to keep tabs on the releases. But now that I'm almost done with it, I only have 3 items left to fix.
1. the size of the image
2. the img1crc
3. the img2crc

Course, I'll also have to freaking find all the rest of the images. of what I've obtained from the site you worked on as well as another site. I only have the images for up to 0237.
Have any saved links anywhere for where the images are dumped???

*EDIT* Anyone on here feel like hosting the images for this updated dat????? Let me know.
*EDIT 2* Can't quite find the latest covers. What did you do with the ones you uploaded? did you edit them in anyway shape or form? I found a site that has all the covers but they are much larger then the png files you put up previously....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I said in the readme, I used this site for the covers http://scene.releases.free.fr with authorization. (wait a little and he will add the missing ones. He is probably in holidays :P)
and all the covers are http://scene.releases.free.fr/box/3ds-0xxx.jpg
I only converted them to png without any resize.

For the Icons, I took them from nintendo's website (jpg, I converted them to png too), until there's a way to extract them directly from the ROM/console.

abdelmajidtolba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
hi cyan im actuallly in the middle of collecting all 3ds covers (JPN,EUR,USA and CHT)
but i cant manage to find chinese and Korean back cover at all.
So far im atleast 70 percent done with the japanese cover collection almost full.
Also all icons referenced in nintendo japan are there.
im sure it will be useful for gbatemp or collectors.
Also a WTF with UK guys?
dont you have a website for Hi res covers.
French and german are owning you in that area.

For cover collectors we can divide it in regions:
JPN: back cover in comshop and front in fammys(gamefaqs being leeching comshop)
EUR:jeuxvideo dot com seems owning everyone when it comes to both front and back covers.problem is they have given priority for french titles.
USA:american seems hating high res back covers.if gamefaqs dont own them ;forget it or buy them and scan them yoursel!
CHT:well advanscene seems to have a goddamn james bond since he manage to get them high res in both ways (if someone manage to know how please tell us where)
KOR: just forget it,unless you know a shop owner from seoul its not gonna happen but since i saw that damn advanscene dude ,anything is possible.

ther is a huge need in english european 3ds covers so please guys put down that burger/FIFA/COD/apple pie/pudding and start uploading some high res for christ sake !!
//end of rant

PS:ill uplad a pack with all high res covers i got so far,i hope it doesnt break any rules....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
or you can use Advanscene's covers, they are almost all available. There are even ingame screenshots too.
They are used by 3DSCRC.
But you should probably ask before using them, it's a lot of work to search/resize/update the dat used by advanscene.

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you can use Advanscene's covers, they are almost all available. There are even ingame screenshots too.
They are used by 3DSCRC.
But you should probably ask before using them, it's a lot of work to search/resize/update the dat used by advanscene.

YES...A LOT of work... But almost done!

BTW...
abdelmajidtolba:

I have all the front covers up to 337. If you have 338+ please let me know.

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK!!! Almost done. the only thing left to work on is the "romSize" & "duplicateID" for each game.
Startin to get the hang of this Cyan. Quick question though... In the current 3ds_OL.xml it seems to be showing the actual size of the uncompressed rom.

Would it hurt anything to just use that file size until I can figure out how to edit the ?XSD? file?
(Id have to look back to see which file you were referring to)

as far as "im1CRC" is concerned, until I can get the correct cartridge images I just used a blank one for the default for the new games I've added. It'll create a sh!tload of duplicates for users downloading images...but at this point I'd rather have the XML file done... I can edit it later when I find them....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can use the fake size (just keep the same rule (max-1 and max-2), not random sizes, so it will be easier to edit it later with real sizes). it's explained in the readme.

Blank pictures are fine, I think I used some of them (for example for the missing icons, it's the one with interrogation point)

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF!!! Cyan... I finished editing the file and threw it back in a zip file, created a new copy of offlineList and put it in there. Now it says incompatible...
Am I missing something???

*edit* Nevermind, I fixed it... I'm a retard. I have been editing it thos whole time OUTSIDE of the "datas" folder. Once I put it back in the datas folder it was telling me four elements were incorrectly named.

Fixed... its working....(up to 351...) Apparently since I've started editing it there have been several additions to the database...

*now I know why you had no time.. LOL*

Reactions: jimmsu66 and Cyan

tangz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region TWN??? Language is zh.

I dont have a region code for taiwan nor do I have a language code for zh....?
:(
Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2