Country
Antarctica

Green Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basically Nintendo's found a way to block all future games...

It's quite simple actually they just created a new file in romfs which is called dummy.txt which MH4 checks for. The file is not present in 4.x so the game won't run (although the file only has '0' in it, no actual functionality). I doubt gateway can overcome this, since they can only use ROPs to use system features, which are unlikely able to write to romfs. In other words, Ninty's good themselves some pretty effective AP already.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
isn't ROP used to get access to kernel?
once you have full access to kernel, you can do what you want (like launching homebrew, redirecting saves to SD, writing files, spoofing functions return values, etc.)

Spoofing the "check firmware" is easy, it's a function you force to always return the same value.
Spoofing the "check the file's content" is maybe harder, as you can't force that function to always return the same value, you need to know which file it's currently reading or you'll end with game not working. I suppose you need to monitor the RAM or rewrite the functions to intercept this dummy.txt file. I don't know if it's easy or possible to do (should be possible, you just need to know what you are doing).

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, do you know why no dump of Inazuma 3 Europe or USA ? Also no dump of New Style Boutique 3DS.

;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no way to request a ROM dump.
Release groups do their own dumps when they want or when they can.

And please don't request a rom link here. GBATemp is not a file sharing forum.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was just in prevision of possible link posting, as you wanted a specific ROM dump I thought it would be best to remember that you can't ask for link (when the dump will be available) and that users shouldn't share website names where you can find them.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should try wiring up a 3DS dumper myself just to play RF4 and not need to update... Anyone know what firmware RF4 USA requires?

gha_razor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Oddysey Untold is released

nfo_forum.php
nfo_forum.php

just hope that it still work with gateway current version

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hi guys, sorry if im OOT. Do you know where to request ROM dump? I really want to play Digimon Redigitize Decode. I wish someone dump that game ROM.
It would be useless to request dumps here anyway. Its not like scene groups are skimming these pages to take requests. And no you can't contact them -- they want to stay anonymous for obvious reasons.

Just wait till gateway releases their backup feature. Then the gaps in the scene release list will quickly close up.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, rune factory 4 USA has 5.1 firmware... I still really hope it works! This means I can't just go buy it now because I'm impatient :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas