3DS: PPU Nintendo charges to UK stores is...

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im still not sure of the reasoning to charge more for a device of the same value
US gets in for $250
japan gets it for $300
maybe$350 in aussi
$370 in europe
i just dont get it

(based off of todays conversion rates)

D

Deleted_171835

bigpaws said:
im still not sure of the reasoning to charge more for a device of the same value
US gets in for $250
japan gets it for $300
maybe$350 in aussi
$370 in europe
i just dont get it

QUOTEWhat you cited is generally the case with Europeans. No doubt there's probably a bunch of Europeans whining about the Nintendo 3DS price because in terms of conversion, the 3DS seems significantly more expensive in Europe. But what they don't realize is that their price of electronics only seems high when compared to international standards, when compared relative to various local products, it equals the same. Now of course this will be a slight generalization, but what I mean is that if we convert dollar to euros, they look like they are getting a raw deal, but in fact, they should be comparing it to other products. Basically what this means is that the sacrifice of other goods is the same, instead of having 80 Big Macs, I can have a 3DS, this is true in America and in Europe. And that's what money is really about, it's a bartering system. You sacrifice some other goods to get the 3DS, and that doesn't change anywhere in the world. Throwing trade and currency in there doesn't change much, it just makes you THINK you got screwed or you got a better deal, but for the most part they are paying the same thing.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
bigpaws said:
US gets in for $250
japan gets it for $300
maybe$350 in aussi
$370 in europe
i just dont get it

QUOTEWhat you cited is generally the case with Europeans. No doubt there's probably a bunch of Europeans whining about the Nintendo 3DS price because in terms of conversion, the 3DS seems significantly more expensive in Europe. But what they don't realize is that their price of electronics only seems high when compared to international standards, when compared relative to various local products, it equals the same. Now of course this will be a slight generalization, but what I mean is that if we convert dollar to euros, they look like they are getting a raw deal, but in fact, they should be comparing it to other products. Basically what this means is that the sacrifice of other goods is the same, instead of having 80 Big Macs, I can have a 3DS, this is true in America and in Europe. And that's what money is really about, it's a bartering system. You sacrifice some other goods to get the 3DS, and that doesn't change anywhere in the world. Throwing trade and currency in there doesn't change much, it just makes you THINK you got screwed or you got a better deal, but for the most part they are paying the same thing.
yes
but that means that they get screwed on EVERYTHING

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
You guys in other countries are getting screwed. The thing is 249.99 here and the games are 39.95. If I was in the over seas boat I would probably be waiting till some one cracks the region lock, and buy american. However I am here in America and have already payed for my 3DS and Street Fighter, with the nice 15% discount my wifes job at Walmart provides, I spent less then 300.00.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy