United States

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The blue light just stays on
Make sure you have the Luma3DS files on the root of the sdcard.
The initial firmware was 11.6J and I'm changing it to 11.5U is that why?
No, the system should work after the region change if everything went as it should, otherwise the guide would be inaccurate/misleading.

irradiatedsnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! If you used a new SD card to set up CFW on your 3ds, and still have all your old games data on your old SD card, how do you get that old game data & saves to the new SD card?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! If you used a new SD card to set up CFW on your 3ds, and still have all your old games data on your old SD card, how do you get that old game data & saves to the new SD card?
If you want to update to a larger sd card, just copy/ paste all the contents that're on the old sd card to the new one. Inset it on the system and that's it.

irradiatedsnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to update to a larger sd card, just copy/ paste all the contents that're on the old sd card to the new one. Inset it on the system and that's it.
Problem is the newer SD card already has some stuff on it since it was used to set up CFW on the system- "nintendo 3ds" folder and all that. Would it be correct to replace the new "nintendo 3ds" folder with the old one?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is the newer SD card already has some stuff on it since it was used to set up CFW on the system-
The cfw files are easy to get and set up..
"nintendo 3ds" folder and all that.
The Nintendo 3ds folder contains your installed (3ds) games and saves.
Would it be correct to replace the new "nintendo 3ds" folder with the old one?
I would check what games (and saves) each Nintendo 3ds folder has, and keep the one that you have the most data in. And you can back up games with GodMode9, and saves Checkpoint from the other Nintendo 3DS folder (if you want to install/restore them on the Nintendo 3ds folder the one you'll be using)..

irradiatedsnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cfw files are easy to get and set up..

The Nintendo 3ds folder contains your installed (3ds) games and saves.

I would check what games (and saves) each Nintendo 3ds folder has, and keep the one that you have the most data in. And you can back up games with GodMode9, and saves Checkpoint from the other Nintendo 3DS folder (if you want to install/restore them on the Nintendo 3ds folder the one you'll be using)..
Okay, thank you! :]

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You may be in uncharted territory here. Messing with Badge Arcade is one thing that has been known to trigger bans.
Hoy there, just thought I would let you know, I set up a Japanese SysNAND and made a new NNID through the system settings, and installed Badge Arcade. It has worked perfectly for the past two weeks, and some of the Japan-exclusive badge sets are pretty neat. :yay:

I'm not sure whether either of those steps are necessary to play another region's Badge Arcade, but used together they avoid any interference with an existing badge collection/account on the other NAND.

I haven't tried cheat codes to get extra plays, and I'm not going to until they announce that it's shutting down. But a user on Rverse has been sharing their growing collection of badges caught with cheats, and said that they've only ever gotten 1-day bans after clearing 25 or more complete sets in a day.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hoy there, just thought I would let you know, I set up a Japanese SysNAND and made a new NNID through the system settings, and installed Badge Arcade. It has worked perfectly for the past two weeks, and some of the Japan-exclusive badge sets are pretty neat. :yay:

I'm not sure whether either of those steps are necessary to play another region's Badge Arcade, but used together they avoid any interference with an existing badge collection/account on the other NAND.

I haven't tried cheat codes to get extra plays, and I'm not going to until they announce that it's shutting down. But a user on Rverse has been sharing their growing collection of badges caught with cheats, and said that they've only ever gotten 1-day bans after clearing 25 or more complete sets in a day.
I don't recommend taking the risks to region change your console. Nintendo can instantly ban you if you're using a modified console online.
Post automatically merged:

I don't recommend taking the risks to region change your console. Nintendo can instantly ban you if you're using a modified console online.
I once generated and used cheats in Badge Arcade using Luma3DS plugins in an attempt to get all of the badges. Everything was alright, but after a week has gone by, I got instantly banned by the big N. :rofl2:
Post automatically merged:

My word of advice: Never play Badge Arcade or any game that uses online capabilities on a modded Nintendo console.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a massive clue