• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of 2022, is it possible to play online without the risk of ban? No hacks, just normal online gameplay with CFW and cia versions of the games.
It's pretty safe, as long as you don't use cheats online, or if you transact with a fraudulent bank account details in the eShop.

Reactions: godreborn

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Right now I’ve not got so much of a problem as I do a bit of curiosity. FBI is requiring me to “show hidden files” (which I thought had previously been toggled on by default) within the main SD directory, otherwise I’m only presented with my “roms” and “_nds” folders, plus some extraneous files. I often use FBI to install games from within the “cia” folder, and I don’t recall it having been hidden.

If I were to estimate when these folders became hidden, I’m pretty sure it was after I had enabled parental controls, and/or subsequently disabled them. (There’s an online communication feature in Pokémon X/Y that weirdly required them to be turned on in order to allow access to that feature.)

I’m ultimately just curious if parental controls were in fact the cause, or if I’m just a bit forgetful and it’s something else entirely. It’s really not that much of an inconvenience, I’d just love to learn a bit more about what’s going on. Thanks again to all you kind, passionate people.

HairDyeGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey,
Is there an snes emulator for o3ds that can run msu-1 hacks?
I want to play A Link to the Past on my o3ds and I really want to add the msu-1 hack.
Also, I there a limit on how many hacks I can add to a rom? I want to add the Redux hack but with Minish cap sprite and more but I don't know if I'm aiming too high.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
Is there an snes emulator for o3ds that can run msu-1 hacks?
I want to play A Link to the Past on my o3ds and I really want to add the msu-1 hack.
Also, I there a limit on how many hacks I can add to a rom? I want to add the Redux hack but with Minish cap sprite and more but I don't know if I'm aiming too high.
I have no idea, but it doesn't hurt if you try. Use either Snes9x, or NSUI if you want to use cias.

HairDyeGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have no idea, but it doesn't hurt if you try. Use either Snes9x, or NSUI if you want to use cias.
From what I understood NSUI can't run msu-1 hacks because it's supposed to be in a different file or something. I will give it a shot in snes9x but I hoped someone knew if there's a way (but then again, I'm assuming developers stopped updating snes9x for 3ds in favor of stronger consoles)

blimpsgo180

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, really n00b question here. I got some .cia files from Archive.org. How do I run them? People say "use FBI" but I don't see FBI as an option. I'm mostly sure my 3DS is modded because holding down L + Down + Select launches Luma.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, really n00b question here. I got some .cia files from Archive.org. How do I run them? People say "use FBI" but I don't see FBI as an option. I'm mostly sure my 3DS is modded because holding down L + Down + Select launches Luma.
Firstly, get a new sd card if you haven't already, test it with h2testw to check it's not faulty or fake with both read & write settings checked. If it comes out clean, then format it as FAT32 32KB cluster size (64kb if it is a +64GB), then copy & paste all the the files from the guide below.
If you didn't install CFW on it yourself, i would suggest following the steps in this guide thoroughly, you should make a nand backup of your system asap and store it somewhere safe in your pc, in case your system gets corrupted etc.
After following the guide, you should have FBI installed on your 3DS and appearing in your home menu, so you can install cia files with it.

blimpsgo180

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I think I screwed something up hacking my 3DS. I've never seen FBI on the Home menu. I'll have to do it again.

EDIT: I'm getting old. Figured out how to launch FBI following your guide. Soft modding consoles was easier back in the day. Anyway, thank you CoolMe!

Last edited by blimpsgo180,
Reactions: CoolMe

HairDyeGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So I looked at the hacks I wanted to add and found out that some of them are for roms with a header and some are for ones without. So my question is this: If I patch a headered rom and then use a utility to remove the header. Will the hack still work?

nds_enjoyer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What card should I get to play NDS games on N3DS? The consensus seems to be R4i Gold 3DS Plus, but nds-card has it for $159.99 or only ntrboothax. digimartzs has it for $20.40. digimartzs is linked from r4ids (dot) cn which is legit as far as I understand. So I should buy the $20.40 " R4i Gold 3DS RTS Revolution" from digimartzs, right?

Edit: Obviously I want a card without timebomb, and as far as I understand r4ids (dot) cn cards do not have them
Edit 2: I have Luma3ds if it matters.

Last edited by nds_enjoyer123,

yadajokuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already homebrewed my 3ds, but I'm trying to play Penumbra Moon, Star Sapphire and Eternal X, but in the instructions from the site for PM, it says "You cannot install a CIA of Supernova Sun alongside a CIA/eShop copy of Ultra Sun. The same restriction applies for Penumbra Moon and Ultra Moon." If i were to obtain the .cia files for all 3 base games, install them, and delete the .cias on my 3ds, can I just stick to the normal instructions or does the quoted line mean i have to do something else?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I looked at the hacks I wanted to add and found out that some of them are for roms with a header and some are for ones without. So my question is this: If I patch a headered rom and then use a utility to remove the header. Will the hack still work?
Are you referring to SNES roms? Because in those cases trying to add or remove the header after patching will absolutely not work.

What card should I get to play NDS games on N3DS?
[...]
Edit 2: I have Luma3ds if it matters.
In that case practically any card will do, even really old ones. The only things you really need to be concerned about are timebombs and support for larger SD cards.

I've already homebrewed my 3ds, but I'm trying to play Penumbra Moon, Star Sapphire and Eternal X, but in the instructions from the site for PM, it says "You cannot install a CIA of Supernova Sun alongside a CIA/eShop copy of Ultra Sun. The same restriction applies for Penumbra Moon and Ultra Moon." If i were to obtain the .cia files for all 3 base games, install them, and delete the .cias on my 3ds, can I just stick to the normal instructions or does the quoted line mean i have to do something else?
If you installed the .cia for Ultra Sun, then you would not be able to subsequently install a .cia for Supernova Sun. What else would you expect..?

Refills323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What’s up guys, I have a problem. My 3ds won’t boot without the SD inserted, but it did a few days ago I was trying to updat the system since it always corrupts my SD each time it updates. Forgot what I need to do I know I have to copy something into the system can someone guide me ….thanks

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What’s up guys, I have a problem. My 3ds won’t boot without the SD inserted, but it did a few days ago I was trying to updat the system since it always corrupts my SD each time it updates. Forgot what I need to do I know I have to copy something into the system can someone guide me ….thanks
corrupts how? And also. did you follow the guides ctrnand luma3ds boot.firm section?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!