• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Spartk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hello, i'm just buying a used new nintendo 2ds XL today. i don't know what's its firmware and i don't know what's the hacking scene for nintendo 3ds today (i only had the first nintendo ds hacked with a R4gold) . what's the best guide to install a custom firmware on new 2ds xl? tnx

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i'm just buying a used new nintendo 2ds XL today. i don't know what's its firmware and i don't know what's the hacking scene for nintendo 3ds today (i only had the first nintendo ds hacked with a R4gold) . what's the best guide to install a custom firmware on new 2ds xl? tnx
Hey, look which firmware you have if it's on the latest (which is 11.15.0-47) go and follow the Seedminer method here.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, look which firmware you have if it's on the latest (which is 11.15.0-47) go and follow the Seedminer method here.
No matter what, a N2DSXL will come with 11.4 or higher which leaves only Seedminer (or ntrboot) at the moment.

For using Seedminer an update to latest version is needed. Just stick with the guide. If you have any further questions or problems, just ask again.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: CoolMe

Spartk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
thanks to all, hacking done after updating to the latest firmware and using seedminer. can you tell me if the console with CFW can stay online or wifi must be off due to the risk of ban?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks to all, hacking done after updating to the latest firmware and using seedminer. can you tell me if the console with CFW can stay online or wifi must be off due to the risk of ban?
console can go online. no ban risk there. just dont cheat online or use of fraud cards on eshop.

Reactions: CoolMe

cntdown

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello there,

My 2ds won’t boot.
It’s been ‘hacked’ a few years back, had the sd cart set up and everything. No problems.

The data on the card is gone because I needed it for my wii. I wiped it.

Can anyone link me a ‘how to’? Can’t find it, I don’t know which programs I used before. I can’t think it should be that hard, just can’t find where to start in the position I’m in.

Thanks!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,

My 2ds won’t boot.
It’s been ‘hacked’ a few years back, had the sd cart set up and everything. No problems.

The data on the card is gone because I needed it for my wii. I wiped it.

Can anyone link me a ‘how to’? Can’t find it, I don’t know which programs I used before. I can’t think it should be that hard, just can’t find where to start in the position I’m in.

Thanks!
Can you boot into the home menu without SD card in?if so, see what Luma version you have by holding "select" on boot. If you're on a9lh, use this to upgrade to b9strap.

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Question: I have a 3DSXL which is modded with the guide from 3DS.Hacks.guide, no issues. I want to also mod a New 2DS XL that I have that has the same size SD card...but would prefer to not have to repeat everything I did for the 3DS. I assume I can't just copy the SD card on the 3DS to the SD on the 2DS, does anyone know which of the steps in the guide I need to follow and which I can skip and just copy over to the new SD card?

Thanks for any help.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Question: I have a 3DSXL which is modded with the guide from 3DS.Hacks.guide, no issues. I want to also mod a New 2DS XL that I have that has the same size SD card...but would prefer to not have to repeat everything I did for the 3DS. I assume I can't just copy the SD card on the 3DS to the SD on the 2DS, does anyone know which of the steps in the guide I need to follow and which I can skip and just copy over to the new SD card?

Thanks for any help.

can't do that. the files on the sd card are per console encrypted.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Thanks for any help.
your assumption is obviously correct you cannot just copy paste beyond that nothing is really advised to be skipped or copy pasted from an old install the way the guide is built is it constantly is being updated so that it keeps with the latest installation methods and if you're using old files then you may end up running into issues. if you want a simpler way to hack a 3DS then look into buying an NTR boot compatible flash card, as funny as this sounds you could YouTube videos of people's speed running the hacking a 3DS and they all use an NTR boot compatible flash card

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's asking if he can use the same files on two 3ds. you can use the same homebrew stuff and cfw, but the Nintendo 3DS folder is per console, so you'll have to reinstall everything unless you can get the same movable sed on both consoles, which I don't know if that's possible or would present a problem.

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh...that's what, thanks.

What about just the games? Or are they encrypted per device as well? Right now, since they are .3ds, I have to go into GodMode to convert them to .cia and then install the .cias (which I no longer have since I chose the install and delete option in FBI). They have to be installed from scratch as well?

Thanks again.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure, yes. I think it's the movable.sed that encrypts the content on the sd card. it's possible to decrypt it back with an app on the computer, but I don't know about injecting the same movable.sed on another console, if it's possible.

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country

What about just the games? Or are they encrypted per device as well? Right now, since they are .3ds, I have to go into GodMode to convert them to .cia and then install the .cias (which I no longer have since I chose the install and delete option in FBI). They have to be installed from scratch as well?

Thanks again.

This will batch convert 3ds files to cia on your computer: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/

This will let you install cias to your sd using your computer (just have to run one finalization step on the 3ds): https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...a-nintendo-3ds-sd-card-entirely-on-pc.551496/

I recently did the latter to setup a 3ds and it’s way faster than installing via FBI on the 3ds.

You still need to do the full guide for setting up CFW. You will definitely want a nand backup of your new system.

Last edited by Jacobh,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get the movable.sed with godmode or what I've used, 3DS Recovery Tool by @Joel16 . should say SEED at the beginning in ascii via hex, and it's always the same size: 320 bytes. you can extract it from a nand backup if you search for SEED, then hex copy that size 0x140. that's another way to get it.

Last edited by godreborn,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks again.
Just redump your games or re-download them and save yourself the headache.

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all the instructions for doing the cia conversion on my desktop and everything seemed to work until the end when I got this error:

10:26:20 - File "ci-gui.py", line 401, in install
10:26:20 - File "custominstall.py", line 434, in start
10:26:20 - File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 489, in run
10:26:20 - File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
10:26:20 - File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python38-32\lib\subprocess.py", line 1307, in _execute_child
10:26:20 - PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied

I ran the custom install finalize from Homebrew but unfortunately, I don't see any of the games on the homescreen.

Any thoughts?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Program Files usually has restricted permissions. sometimes you can give it permissions; other times, it doesn't work. try running it from the desktop unless that's your python folder. if it is, try python 2.7.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you might want to put python on the root of C as well, if that's causing a problem. that's where I have 2.7. 2.7.18, I think is the latest. I just installed it yesterday on a new pc.

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks...didn't really understand much of this as I don't recall actually installing python, I simply just ran the c-gui.exe file, wasn't sure if I had missed a step. Either way, I ran the .exe as Administrator, that resolved the problem. Thanks!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks...didn't really understand much of this as I don't recall actually installing python, I simply just ran the c-gui.exe file, wasn't sure if I had missed a step. Either way, I ran the .exe as Administrator, that resolved the problem. Thanks!

that is one way to get around privileges. I assumed you had python installed, since it mentions a .py file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto