Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,526,554
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43
D

Deleted User

Hi guys ! I'm new on the homebrew 3DS family. I have a question concerning cheat codes using Sharkive and Rosalina.

When I launch a game, I wait for the Title Screen, do "L + Down + Select" and make the Rosalina menu appears. I go to the cheat codes section and can select my cheat. Now I have a problem on all the games that I have played trying to use cheats, there is a certain category of cheat that does not work.

Cheats marked with "*" "(L + X)" never work. I do the pattern but nothing work. Is there something wrong with my doings or do I just have no luck concerning the cheats ?

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Hi, i have an English translation of Dicing Knight for the Wonderswan Color.
i don't know how to use hex editors, these are the instructions:

• The current patch works on a bad (2 MB) dump.
  • With the good dump (512 KB), the bad dump can be recreated in a hex editor by creating 1.5MB (0x180000) bytes of 0xFF and then pasting the good ROM.
I downloaded HxD for windows. i have a good dump of Dicing Knight (512kb).
can someone give me the quick steps for doing this
thanks..

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can install CFW directly with homebrew. If you update it there's a little bit more work. Have a look at https://3ds.guide
Thank you for the link. What about after having hacked it? I read the guide but it is not clear to me in what state it will be regarding FW version:

1. Will it still be 9.9.0-26E but hacked?
  2. If so, what would the reasons would be for staying in it and which ones for upgrading to the latest (it that is an option at all)?
  3. If upgrading the FW after hacking is desirable/mandatory, how does one do that? I did not find mention of that in the guide.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for the link. What about after having hacked it? I read the guide but it is not clear to me in what state it will be regarding FW version:

2. If so, what would the reasons would be for staying in it and which ones for upgrading to the latest (it that is an option at all)?
  3. If upgrading the FW after hacking is desirable/mandatory, how does one do that? I did not find mention of that in the guide.

1) Yes
2) later games support? I dunno much bout this one
3) update luma first using the luma updater and then do a regular system update

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger

ninja'd :bortz2:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

1. No, because the guide will tell you to update it which you should do or some things may not work
2. No reasons for staying on a lower firmware
From https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
  1. Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Updates while using B9S + Luma (what you have) are safe
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error, follow CTRTransfer, then try updating again

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm about to get a 3ds finally. My getting one used from my local mom and pop shop for one, to help support, and two he only takes devices that are in beautiful shape.

So seeing the 3ds isn't coming new with the newest factory firmware, i can still flash, correct? I don't know what firmwares they have, but is there one that is impenetrable at the moment?

Also, should i flash it with cfw or do a flash cart? I haven't been involved since the ds days so I'm a little rusty.

Thank you for any help

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I'm about to get a 3ds finally. My getting one used from my local mom and pop shop for one, to help support, and two he only takes devices that are in beautiful shape.

So seeing the 3ds isn't coming new with the newest factory firmware, i can still flash, correct? I don't know what firmwares they have, but is there one that is impenetrable at the moment?

Also, should i flash it with cfw or do a flash cart? I haven't been involved since the ds days so I'm a little rusty.

Thank you for any help

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  • Every firmware version can be hacked with software only exploits.
  • It is easier/faster on version ≤ 11.3;
  • If the firmware version between 11.4 to 11.8, update to the latest 11.9 version.
In general refer to the guide.

Most members here advise against flashcarts for 3DS games. They are expensive and/or outdated and offer less than free CFW. DS games can also be started from the console SD with TWiLight Menu ++. It has been vastly improved lately and gets frequent updates at the moment. However, compatibility is still not 100% and newer ROMs have to be patched (because of anti-piracy "features").
A good flashcart for DS games, like the R4i GOLD 3DS Plus, is a good addition and makes hacking any 3DS firmware version super easy.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

russo3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi, today my New 3dsXL CFW power on directly in the GodMode9 mode without holding START button on boot. It's look like that the START button is pressed. How can i fix this problem? The 3ds power on in recovery mode if i press R+L+Up+A and works fine. Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, today my New 3dsXL CFW power on directly in the GodMode9 mode without holding START button on boot. It's look like that the START button is pressed. How can i fix this problem? The 3ds power on in recovery mode if i press R+L+Up+A and works fine. Thanks

Other info … if i try to press HOME in GodMode9 doesn't work. Also Up, Down, Left and Rigth doesn't work, START doesn't work. Only if i press R button the 3ds power off.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Other info … if i try to press HOME in GodMode9 doesn't work. Also Up, Down, Left and Rigth doesn't work, START doesn't work. Only if i press R button the 3ds power off.
Try replacing boot.firm with Luma's boot.firm

russo3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Try replacing boot.firm with Luma's boot.firm
just done. i download the latest version from GitHub following the 3ds.guide

Other.I've tried to format the SD card, also i've tried to change the SD card. If i delete config.bin file in luma folder the 3ds power on showing the list of options but the the D-Pad and the Up/Down/Left/Rigth controller won't work. Is it possible that the card with the A-X-B-Y si damaged? If so is it possible that also the D-Pad and the arrow controller doesn't work?

russo3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi the 3d power up normally if i press START button and power button. If i use only power button starts GodMode9 and in this case i can do nothing because the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGTH button or HOME button or any other button restart the 3ds. Only the R button shut down the 3ds.

D

Deleted User

is is safe to update with b9s installed?

I have a question. Can i turn on the Spot Pass on my new 3DS XL Luma?

Sent from my SM-J710M using Tapatalk
not recommended since nintendo can know if you are running a cfw and can ban you

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
is is safe to update with b9s installed?

not recommended since nintendo can know if you are running a cfw and can ban you

it is safe to update.
just make sure you have the latest luma3ds v9.1.

i dont think doing a ctr transfer is what he wants or knows how to do
but i suppose that is an option.

and no, dont use spotpass

Last edited by LowEndC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn