• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

callmeHUNTER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
can you access your friends list, the new ban system from nintendo blocks all online services except for eshop

Yes i could access friend list with no problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe no one knows the answer. This page seems to think it is just an internet issue. Try with a different connection like a mobile hotspot and try the DNS settings as suggested in the thread.
I've already tried that. I am still encountering the issue

Attachments

• 1521465875762394356951.jpg
    1521465875762394356951.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it likely ntrcfw could result in a banned 3ds without using it's cheat features except for screenshots & streaming during online play? @Quantumcat I am not sure if I have seen too many people mentioning it regarding banwaves. What kind risks should I except and can I prevent them?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Mk

And now, when I try to use the .m4a, I just get the "could not play" Error :/
Your console was updated with a cartridge from 2.x (the -4 belongs to 2.x, 3.0 introduced -5) so soundhax won't work for you. You can use Freaky Forms or Cubic Ninja if you don't have any other console or you can use a secondary entrypoint if you have another console with the homebrew launcher or a PowerSaves. Or you can update and do the single system DSiWare method (look at the thread called seedminer).
Note that cartridge updates will only deliver updates to core features, such as the System Settings, Home Menu, etc. cartridge updates will not deliver updates to Nintendo 3DS Sound and Network features, such as System Transfer, Internet Browser, StreetPass Mii Plaza, or eShop.

This means that using a cartridge update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version (<3.0.0) to one that introduced a newer Nintendo 3DS Sound version will break Soundhax! You will need an alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher!

Is it likely ntrcfw could result in a banned 3ds without using it's cheat features except for screenshots & streaming during online play? @Quantumcat I am not sure if I have seen too many people mentioning it regarding banwaves. What kind risks should I except and can I prevent them?
It's only the actual cheating that would be detected so you would be fine.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good thread or place where I can read up on 3dsx and cia files? I want to better understand them. For example, when should I use 3dsx files versus installing cia? Would 3dsx files be better for games? Can I go online with 3dsx files? However, all homebrews must be ran with 3dsx files, because they are homebrew applications? Why are most games stored in a cia container? The eshop only offers cia files? Does that mean I have to convert all cias to 3dsx files then? Consider what @Quantumcat said, the answer should always be 3dsx right? But I mostly see threads mentioning the cia container ? Why take the risk?

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just in case my unanswered questions become forgotten, and a bit of additional clarification...:
1. It uses the wood firmware btw (if that wasn't already obvious). I know I can play a game and save once I receive it, but I'd like to prepare beforehand ideally.
2. Does anyone know anything about using the microphone with a DS flashcart? Other than the incomplete R4 TTDS thread.
Well, I finally got my Ace3DS Plus. So here are the answers:
1. Same folder as .nds saves. Should have been obvious cause I had a DSi+Flashcart years ago, and I still use this format for TempGBA4PSP-mod.
2. Microphone works the same as 3DS games (you need to speak loudly like 5 cm from the 3DS).

I kind of wish it supported screenshots... Oh well, probably not worth the trouble installing homebrew for that.

Is there a good thread or place where I can read up on 3dsx and cia files? I want to better understand them. For example, when should I use 3dsx files versus installing cia? Would 3dsx files be better for games? Can I go online with 3dsx files? However, all homebrews must be ran with 3dsx files, because they are homebrew applications? Why are most games stored in a cia container? The eshop only offers cia files? Does that mean I have to convert all cias to 3dsx files then? Consider what @Quantumcat said, the answer should always be 3dsx right? But I mostly see threads mentioning the cia container ? Why take the risk?
Being new myself, here's what I understand:
1. I think CIA are installers taken from eShop. They use the same headers as your system, which usually should be safe, but quite bad if they Nintendo finds out.
2. I think 3dsx games are ripped from cartridges. They normally have headers from that game cartridge. If you download one and play online with it, they can easily find out because many people would have the same headers. That's why you'd want a private header (preferably from a game you own), and use that instead for 3dsx games.
3. Sorry, I don't really know about homebrew applications. Maybe 3dsx is lower level, because FBI is needed to install CIA. That's all I know about the differences for games, hope it helps. Please correct me on whatever I got wrong, thanks!

Last edited by EmBlaze,
Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yea. @EmBlaze I remember reading about private headers and trying to play on the side of caution, because like you said, if multiple people are using the same header, everyone is going down. Before, I received an answer to my question regarding backing up my own ultra moon cart to play it without the cart and continuing with my save file. I was recommended to use the eshop's version and that should work for me. This is where I get confused. So maybe, homebrew applications should only to be used with 3dsx files and cia only with games? However, I have heard many times where people stated they didn't cheat online and disable sys info and show buddy games and they still joined the banwave. I need to read more on this topic. By the way, thanks for the reply.

Last edited by GerbilSwimmingPool,
Reactions: EmBlaze

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this problem on my N3DSXL. I cannot connect to any online services/multiplayer of any game. Example. try connecting into a room in MHGen. but it gives me the error code 003-0612(i think is correct?). then if i play fantasy life go to online multiplayer, i get the error code 003-0512. I can access the E-shop, Download from it, and Update games so meaning i am not banned.Tried also on my Pokemon Ultra Moon Cart, i cant do Wonder Trade, or even Link Trade but i can access the GTS.I'm on Luma3DS 9.0. b9s .and did move my EMUNAND to my SYSNAND but still errors persists.

My R shoulder button is quite defective, what seemed to be weird(sometimes it doesnt work and most of the time works), and bottom part of my 3ds heats up a little. would it affect my wifi connection?my 3ds itself or is it just my connection?

tried turning off and on WiFi on the 3ds and restarting my router as well. tried DMZ and google dns also but i still it cannot connect even though a have a stable connection.

I've been using it while charging into a Powerbank which outputs 1A. is this causing this? been using this routine about 3weeks.

what is causing my 3ds to not connect to online multiplayer in any game.? can anyone answer?

Thank you :)

Have you tried connecting to another connection outside of your home network? You replied to a few questions, but never this exact suggestion. For the troubleshoot process, I would recommend trying to play online when your system isn't plugged in and cool, because it sounds like you have had it for a while. Maybe some components are beginning to failing? Heat is trouble for parts.

Nicell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would like to downgrade my new 3DS (11.6) to 9.2 without cfw. Is this possible? I can use Homebrew via Freakyhax.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I would like to downgrade my new 3DS (11.6) to 9.2 without cfw. Is this possible? I can use Homebrew via Freakyhax.
no, you need to use a cfw entrypoint to be able to downgrade,

you can do the $2 seedminer method to get full cfw if you like, and I could help you if you want to do it that way

Nicell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, you need to use a cfw entrypoint to be able to downgrade,

you can do the $2 seedminer method to get full cfw if you like, and I could help you if you want to do it that way
I saw a method on "3ds hackguide" but I would need another 3ds, which I don't own :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it