• Views 4,448,740
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Cool, thanks! Did it and everything was fine. Another noob question...how do I install updates for games? I downloaded CIA patch 1.1.7 for SSB and installed it with devmenu but still can't play with save data.

Devmenu is quite outdated now and FBI is the cia installer everyone is using. You might as well do this guide to update/install the recommended Homebrew apps: https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup
For updating games you have 3 options:
1. Download the updates normally from eShop or update if the game asks when launching it.
2. Use freeshop. A guide for setting it up is in the first post of this thread.
3. Download the update cia and install with FBI.

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !
My 3ds is badly scratched even though I take care of it.
I purchased it less than 12 months ago, so I still can return it to warranty.
However I hacked it with Ntrboothax following 3ds.guide.
What can I do to remove any evidence that I hacked it, and then restore it back to normal when they give it back ?
Thanks in advance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone !
My 3ds is badly scratched even though I take care of it.
I purchased it less than 12 months ago, so I still can return it to warranty.
However I hacked it with Ntrboothax following 3ds.guide.
What can I do to remove any evidence that I hacked it, and then restore it back to normal when they give it back ?
Thanks in advance.
I don't think warranty will cover scratches. That's just normal wear and tear. Warranty would cover things like dead pixels or a button no longer working or it no longer turning on etc.

To make it hard to tell it is hacked you can remove boot.firm and any other CFW files from the SD card (make sure you've added boot.firm to CTR-NAND), and change the luma option so it says Ver instead of Sys. And uninstall all homebrew. You could uninstall CFW itself if you wanted but that could have unintended side effects. https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw

Reactions: nkdx

Meringue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back with another question (Sorry). On the Luma Boot Menu (hold select) I have "Autobot EmuNAND" and "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" marked. It still always says "Sys" in System Settings. Am I doing something wrong or am I just dumb?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back with another question (Sorry). On the Luma Boot Menu (hold select) I have "Autobot EmuNAND" and "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" marked. It still always says "Sys" in System Settings. Am I doing something wrong or am I just dumb?
Do you even have an emuNAND? If you don't, you'll never see "Emu" in System Settings.

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think warranty will cover scratches. That's just normal wear and tear. Warranty would cover things like dead pixels or a button no longer working or it no longer turning on etc.

To make it hard to tell it is hacked you can remove boot.firm and any other CFW files from the SD card (make sure you've added boot.firm to CTR-NAND), and change the luma option so it says Ver instead of Sys. And uninstall all homebrew. You could uninstall CFW itself if you wanted but that could have unintended side effects. https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw
Thank you for your reply!
But if I uninstall CFW, I can reinstall it after, right ?
And I don't really want to delete things from my SD, I'll just remove the SD card before giving it to them.
I am still going to try the warranty thing, maybe it's worth a try. Or maybe I should repair it myself if it doesn't work. Anyway I'll tell you about what's going on. Once again thanks !

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for your reply!
But if I uninstall CFW, I can reinstall it after, right ?
And I don't really want to delete things from my SD, I'll just remove the SD card before giving it to them.
I am still going to try the warranty thing, maybe it's worth a try. Or maybe I should repair it myself if it doesn't work. Anyway I'll tell you about what's going on. Once again thanks !
If you have an ntrboot capable flashcart you can install it again, yep. Just don't uninstall CFW if you ever installed any individual system cias or used the Lazarus script because then your console could be bricked / not work properly

hokapage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently installed boot9strap, and I am having errors installing CIAs through FBI, I keep getting errors. Can't get past - Finalizing Setup - Section IV - Installing CIAs on 3ds.guide.

I tried reformatting my sd card, also tried a different sd card and still fails.

Last edited by hokapage,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I recently installed boot9strap, and I am having errors installing CIAs through FBI, I keep getting errors. Can't get past - Finalizing Setup - Section IV - Installing CIAs on 3ds.guide.

I tried reformatting my sd card, also tried a different sd card and still fails.
What does the error say?

hokapage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What does the error say?
I posted an image, but it says :

Failed to install CIA file.
Result Code : 0xE0A046DF
Level: Usage (28)
Summary: Invalid State (5)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: <unknown> (735)

Attachments

• 26909977_563216794033494_977919795_o.jpg
    26909977_563216794033494_977919795_o.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 121

exzavier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to figure this out for some time now. I have a New 3DS XL. I followed the whole guide on 3ds.guide and have all the newest versions of the tools installed. With newer games I get the error message ARM11 core 1, prefetch about svcbreak. I've searched for that and other people get the same error but there never seems to be a way past it. I do not have a flash card. I was using WiiU USB helper to create a .CIA. Any ideas? Thanks.

c8HkVO9.jpg

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have been trying to figure this out for some time now. I have a New 3DS XL. I followed the whole guide on 3ds.guide and have all the newest versions of the tools installed. With newer games I get the error message ARM11 core 1, prefetch about svcbreak. I've searched for that and other people get the same error but there never seems to be a way past it. I do not have a flash card. I was using WiiU USB helper to create a .CIA. Any ideas? Thanks.

c8HkVO9.jpg
What if you install the games with freeShop?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are some of the risks that I run when installing CFW / FreShop and such? I'd like to use homebrew and stuff but I don't want to lose anything.
Tiny chance of being banned from online if you install homebrew and run it while connected to the internet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I posted an image, but it says :

Failed to install CIA file.
Result Code : 0xE0A046DF
Level: Usage (28)
Summary: Invalid State (5)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: <unknown> (735)
Try a different SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch