• Views 4,463,178
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Extremelyd1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if you have CFW on the 3DS (through ntrboot with a flashcart) you do not need to use the flashcart's SD card for storage of 3DS games you want to play?

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone.
For some very complicated reason I'd like to be able to switch between the us version of my 3ds and the eu version. What I mean by that is that i'd like to create a backup of my CTRTransfered 3ds from us to eu region and then loading into gm9, and using my us backup i made before to switch to us region. then after i do what i have to do load into gm9 again and switch back to my eu region. Can I do this multiple times ? is it risky ? i know its almost useless to do that, but its a complicated story and its too long to explain.
Thanks in advance !
Could anyone help me please

Rillomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aaand here i am again..
I asked for help a couple of weeks ago for my o2ds, and everything went fine, but now my issue is about the N2ds.
I got it as christmas present, and i knew that if i wanted to mod it i needed at least a modded o2ds.
So, since i had it, i decided to follow a step by step guide from a reliable youtube video.
Everything went fine except when it came to start the Luma config:
I did the system transfer from o2ds to the n2ds, and managed to recover the mod on the source console through all that sd card swapping stuff.
BUT..if i use the sudoku method on my n2ds-->dump F0F1-->Install boot9strap, the console just won't enter the luma config menu as i restart it..
I'm stuck right here, unable to enter to luma config and unable to finish the mod guide i'm following, after HOURS of waiting (i forgot to delete the games before the system transfer, and it took around 12 hours to complete ).
Can anybody lend me a helpful hand?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Aaand here i am again..
I asked for help a couple of weeks ago for my o2ds, and everything went fine, but now my issue is about the N2ds.
I got it as christmas present, and i knew that if i wanted to mod it i needed at least a modded o2ds.
So, since i had it, i decided to follow a step by step guide from a reliable youtube video.
Everything went fine except when it came to start the Luma config:
I did the system transfer from o2ds to the n2ds, and managed to recover the mod on the source console through all that sd card swapping stuff.
BUT..if i use the sudoku method on my n2ds-->dump F0F1-->Install boot9strap, the console just won't enter the luma config menu as i restart it..
I'm stuck right here, unable to enter to luma config and unable to finish the mod guide i'm following, after HOURS of waiting (i forgot to delete the games before the system transfer, and it took around 12 hours to complete ).
Can anybody lend me a helpful hand?
Ok, for future: Never follow video guides. Can you enter Luma config if you hold select on boot?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Rillomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, for future: Never follow video guides. Can you enter Luma config if you hold select on boot?

Unfortunately not..it just won't load that menu, the console normally starts loading the Nintendo dashboard :/
I also tried to turn on the console without the sd and with the sd back in, with the select button too, but nothing happens :/

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately not..it just won't load that menu, the console normally starts loading the Nintendo dashboard :/
I also tried to turn on the console without the sd and with the sd back in, with the select button too, but nothing happens :/
is boot.firm on the root of your ad?

Rillomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is boot.firm on the root of your ad?
Yes it seems..
DSC_0763.JPG

Oh and by the way, this is the video i followed for modding my n2ds:

Last edited by Rillomaru,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it seems..
View attachment 110039

Oh and by the way, this is the video i followed for modding my n2ds:

If you remove your SD card and boot the console while holding select, does anything happen? If not, then you didn't install CFW successfully. If you had installed CFW the console will either refuse to boot (just the LED light will blink and turn off) or the Luma config menu will show up when holding select with NO SD card inserted if you copied Luma to CTRNAND. So if you can't open the Luma menu at all, you don't have CFW on that console. If it wasn't reading your SD card and you did have CFW installed, the console wouldn't even come on unless you have Luma in CTRNAND as well so the fact it does proves it's not a missing file or anything. You just don't have CFW

Reactions: Quantumcat

Rillomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you remove your SD card and boot the console while holding select, does anything happen? If not, then you didn't install CFW successfully. If you had installed CFW the console will either refuse to boot (just the LED light will blink and turn off) or the Luma config menu will show up when holding select with NO SD card inserted if you copied Luma to CTRNAND. So if you can't open the Luma menu at all, you don't have CFW on that console. If it wasn't reading your SD card and you did have CFW installed, the console wouldn't even come on unless you have Luma in CTRNAND as well so the fact it does proves it's not a missing file or anything. You just don't have CFW
Yup i tried before, but re-tried even now, the console without its sd card (and pressing the select button) just turns on normally, nothing else show up except for the original dashboard..
So, if i didn't put the cfw successfully, how should i proceed now?
My o2ds is back to normal ( after a few steps i followed)after the data transfer, meaning it allows me to play games via freeshop.. should i repeat the whole process after 7 days?

Last edited by Rillomaru,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yup i tried before, but re-tried even now, the console without its sd card (and pressing the select button) just turns on normally, nothing else show up except for the original dashboard..
So, if i didn't put the cfw successfully, how should i proceed now?
My o2ds is back to normal ( after a few steps i followed)after the data transfer, meaning it allows me to play games via freeshop.. should i repeat the whole process after 7 days?
Do you have the dsiware that boots to b9stool on the new 2ds?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i have it, and it seems to work properly!
Then just try the install again.... It didn't work for whatever reason, if the console just wasn't reading the SD card and you had CFW already it would boot to a blackscreen unless it was copied to CTRNAND afterwards but I don't even think you got that far.....

Rillomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then just try the install again.... It didn't work for whatever reason, if the console just wasn't reading the SD card and you had CFW already it would boot to a blackscreen unless it was copied to CTRNAND afterwards but I don't even think you got that far.....
Hmm so i just have to retry to do the following: dumpF0F1-->Install boot9strap?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm so i just have to retry to do the following: dumpF0F1-->Install boot9strap?
You don't have to dump the firm again if it already exists in the "boot9strap" folder on the root of your SD card. Check that first to be honest, to see if that even worked. I find it odd that it didn't work the first time......

Then just run the dsiware and "install boot9strap" force power off the console, replace the boot.firm on the root of your SD card with Luma's (download a fresh one, don't use the one you already have) and when you turn the console on it should automatically boot to the Luma config menu; if it boots to a blackscreen, you have B9S installed but it can't find a payload if it boots to the homemenu while the SD card is inserted then B9S was not installed.

Rillomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't have to dump the firm again if it already exists in the "boot9strap" folder on the root of your SD card. Check that first to be honest, to see if that even worked. I find it odd that it didn't work the first time......

Then just run the dsiware and "install boot9strap" force power off the console, replace the boot.firm on the root of your SD card with Luma's (download a fresh one, don't use the one you already have) and when you turn the console on it should automatically boot to the Luma config menu; if it boots to a blackscreen, you have B9S installed but it can't find a payload if it boots to the homemenu while the SD card is inserted then B9S was not installed.
Just followed your steps, i've downloaded the fresh luma boot.firm, it was 9.0 version.
Replaced it, started the console and the luma config menu appeared! Yay!!
But uhm..what to do now?^^"
The guide i was following tells to highlight the 'show NAND or user string in System Settings' option, and then to press start to reboot..is it right?
(i tried it, and after that i should go to 'download play' and press L+down..but nothing happens for me)
Thanks anyway for your help so far :)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just followed your steps, i've downloaded the fresh luma boot.firm, it was 9.0 version.
Replaced it, started the console and the luma config menu appeared! Yay!!
But uhm..what to do now?^^"
The guide i was following tells to highlight the 'show NAND or user string in System Settings' option, and then to press start to reboot..is it right?
(i tried it, and after that i should go to 'download play' and press L+down..but nothing happens for me)
Thanks anyway for your help so far :)
L+Down+Select not just L+Down.....

BigProblems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to do a system transfer from old 3ds with cfw to a formatted new 3ds to transfer the games and cfw and sht i have on old 3ds please and thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7