• Views 4,458,117
  • Replies 53,773
  • Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, I am having issues with freeshop. I succesfully got everything up and running thanks to you guys a few months ago. managed to update luma etc since then. But can't remember what versions they are currently on. I've just been playing Pokemon Sun since then and a bit of Mario kart.

I went to open freeshop last night and it comes up saying downloading straight away when the app launches, after a while I get the following screen. I cannot get find any searchable help with this error so far. I reinstalled freeshop using the QR code via FBI. But this didnt do anything for me.

The error is;

Error: [string ""?""]:32: error opening ZIP File

If this isnt the place to get help with the issue, I apologize, if you can point me the in right direction that would be great.
You probably have an older version of freeshop. Try following the instructions in the first post of this thread.

GBAtoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You probably have an older version of freeshop. Try following the instructions in the first post of this thread.

Looks like that was it, although I installed the latest CIA, it didnt work as expected. I had to remove the Freeshop folder from the SD card and do a clean install. Thanks for the help!

tnt118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't messed with my 3DS in almost two years (menuhax, reinand 10.3, sysnand 9.0), but looking to update. I've read through 3ds.guide and I don't see any major problems but I did want to ask one question I wasn't clear on. Do I need to uninstall menuhax first, as I think it isn't compatible with b9s? Am I understanding correctly?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Haven't messed with my 3DS in almost two years (menuhax, reinand 10.3, sysnand 9.0), but looking to update. I've read through 3ds.guide and I don't see any major problems but I did want to ask one question I wasn't clear on. Do I need to uninstall menuhax first, as I think it isn't compatible with b9s? Am I understanding correctly?
Yes. Otherwise your sysNAND will boot to an error after you install B9S. Easiest way is to boot to sysNAND and change the theme, but no worry if you don't do that, you can delete home menu extdata after the install by following that section in https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, I'VE WRITTEN ANOTHER ONE IN THE NEXT PAGE.

hi. I've been out of the 3ds scene for a few years. I need help to catch up on a few things (I've read the first post and it didn't help much).

my situation is: I have a 3DS XL (NOT a New3DS) with systand on version 4.1 and a Gateway 3DS with emunand on version 7.2 (GW firmware version 3.5.1, for now).
I've just bought a game that needs version 10.7.0. I'll need to play it in classic mode.
I also have a "linked emunand", that I can't really remember what it was used for. I think it had something to do with DSiWare stuff.

is it safe to update emunand to version 10.7? and can I let the cartridge run the update? (of course I'll first update the GW's firmware).

also I can't boot to classic mode for some reason. the screen stays black. I'll try some more times.

thanks for the help!

edit: welp I've read my own guide on how to unlink emunand from sysnand and now I know its use is also making it so that config changes in emunand won't be reflected in sysnand, and that stuff downloaded in the former won't appear in the latter.

also I managed to access classic mode, so at least that problem is solved, for now.

p.s. why does the gateway's 3.7.2 firmware download not contain the 3.7.2 "Launcher.dat" but instead it contains a "GW_Ultra_4.2_BETA" folder with the 4.2 launcher? does the 3.7.2 Launcher.dat actually not exist?

Last edited by tyons,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Your flashcart is compatible with ntrboothax. To flash it you will either need a Powersaves device, or another hacked 3DS with custom firmware.

Here is a link to the tutorial on 3ds.guide:

https://3ds.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system).html
Does R4I gold 3ds rts (http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149) needs any file? Can i use it for ntrboot out of the box?
Not true. It needs to be flashed but you don't need another 3ds or powersaves. If you want a preflashed one get the r4i 3ds plus

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Not true. It needs to be flashed but you don't need another 3ds or powersaves. If you want a preflashed one get the r4i 3ds plus

I think i wasnt clear. I mean if i can flash it right out of the box (with the ds ntrboot flasher) or i need any file from their site.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
You need the kernel from their site to make it able to load the ntrboot flasher.

Ok, thanks. So i just copy whats on the kernel file to the root of the SD and update it. After that i can use it for a O3DS, right? with the "one console" method for ntrboot?

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I was trying to do the system transfer from my old3ds to my new new2ds and I accidentally click the yes when it asked me if I had used any microsd cards before.... Is there anyway of going back and trying again I did back up my sysnand before I tried it

Cancer_777

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi all,

So I have a New2DS XL and would like to play 3ds roms (bonus if I can also play nds games). From reading the first post it seems that the prefered method is to get R4i Gold 3DS Plus pre flashed with ntrboot card with switch and then... this is where Im a bit lost. I believe the switch is to change between playing nds roms from an sd card in the R4 card (aka the regular way nds was pirated) and in 3ds mode it would run a custom firmware which I have to install first (bs9 vs luma3ds which is more recommended?) to the sd card in the 2ds slot. If all of this is correct then:

1. Can I donwload 3ds roms and play from the sd card in the 2ds card slot with just the described setup? If not what other steps are needed.
2. If palying from roms is not a thing anymore... then is freeshop the current "best" method? from reading it seems that installing freeshop will allow me to install any games currently on the actual nintendo eshop as "legitimate".

Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

So I have a New2DS XL and would like to play 3ds roms (bonus if I can also play nds games). From reading the first post it seems that the prefered method is to get R4i Gold 3DS Plus pre flashed with ntrboot card with switch and then... this is where Im a bit lost. I believe the switch is to change between playing nds roms from an sd card in the R4 card (aka the regular way nds was pirated) and in 3ds mode it would run a custom firmware which I have to install first (bs9 vs luma3ds which is more recommended?) to the sd card in the 2ds slot. If all of this is correct then:

1. Can I donwload 3ds roms and play from the sd card in the 2ds card slot with just the described setup? If not what other steps are needed.
2. If palying from roms is not a thing anymore... then is freeshop the current "best" method? from reading it seems that installing freeshop will allow me to install any games currently on the actual nintendo eshop as "legitimate".

Thanks!
The switch is to put it in ntrboot mode so you can install CFW. You won't need the flashcart after that.

1. Yes, or you can use freeShop to install games directly on the 3DS without needing a computer
2. They won't be legitimate, you still have to have CFW to run them. You also can't get every game this way, only ones where people have bought it and uploaded the title key (this is most games though).

Both ways are "roms" but in freeShop's case the download and install steps are done together.

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is there a way of redoing the system transfer if we screwed up at some point in it? also does a system transfer get rid of lumacfw on the source 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated