• Views 4,512,759
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I was trying to do the system transfer from my old3ds to my new new2ds and I accidentally click the yes when it asked me if I had used any microsd cards before.... Is there anyway of going back and trying again I did back up my sysnand before I tried it

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country
I am in the process of hacking my second 2DS and have had the SD card of the source 2DS die mid way through. I had completed the nand backup, verified the injected game hack step and have also have a back-up of the nand - not sure if this is needed now though.

On the source 2DS I can still access godmode9 but sadly all apps including all those installed during my initial homebrew/cfw install are gone. My concern now is that the game which I purchased from the eshop is no longer on my home screen. When I view it from the eshop it says that it's already downloaded, and has no option to re-download. How can I restore this to successfully continue on with my second 2DS install?

I'm gathering that I should just continue from the 3DS guide where it starts installing all the homebrew and apps? I'm a little bit unsure my best way to go as I don't want to lose my paid game needed to hack the second 2DS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I am in the process of hacking my second 2DS and have had the SD card of the source 2DS die mid way through. I had completed the nand backup, verified the injected game hack step and have also have a back-up of the nand - not sure if this is needed now though.

On the source 2DS I can still access godmode9 but sadly all apps including all those installed during my initial homebrew/cfw install are gone. My concern now is that the game which I purchased from the eshop is no longer on my home screen. When I view it from the eshop it says that it's already downloaded, and has no option to re-download. How can I restore this to successfully continue on with my second 2DS install?

I'm gathering that I should just continue from the 3DS guide where it starts installing all the homebrew and apps? I'm a little bit unsure my best way to go as I don't want to lose my paid game needed to hack the second 2DS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Did you manage to install cfw on the target console?

megametalgreymon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I am planning to use CFW to mainly play Pokémon 3DS ROM hacks and fan translations of other 3DS games, I am considering using multiple micro SD cards on the single New 3DS XL system I am planning on installing CFW on, but have some questions before starting this process:

1) After installing the CFW on the New 3DS XL initially, do I just copy/paste the files onto the additional micro SD cards I am planning on using with this New 3DS XL?

2) Since most of these cards would have Pokémon XY, ORAS, SM, and USUM installed but altered to run different ROM hacks from each other, would there be any issues in terms of loading save files or other issues that I am currently not aware of?

3) As I would be swapping out the micro SD card more often, I have decided to use the New 3DS XL without the back cover for easier access to the micro SD card slot. Would simply putting one of those TPU covers designed for the New 3DS XL be enough of a substitute?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I am planning to use CFW to mainly play Pokémon 3DS ROM hacks and fan translations of other 3DS games, I am considering using multiple micro SD cards on the single New 3DS XL system I am planning on installing CFW on, but have some questions before starting this process:

1) After installing the CFW on the New 3DS XL initially, do I just copy/paste the files onto the additional micro SD cards I am planning on using with this New 3DS XL?

2) Since most of these cards would have Pokémon XY, ORAS, SM, and USUM installed but altered to run different ROM hacks from each other, would there be any issues in terms of loading save files or other issues that I am currently not aware of?

3) As I would be swapping out the micro SD card more often, I have decided to use the New 3DS XL without the back cover for easier access to the micro SD card slot. Would simply putting one of those TPU covers designed for the New 3DS XL be enough of a substitute?
1) I would just use a big micro SD card instead of using multiple ones. Just make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32 with 64k clusters and you should be good.
2) They should have no issues loading save files.

megametalgreymon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I would just use a big micro SD card instead of using multiple ones. Just make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32 with 64k clusters and you should be good.
2) They should have no issues loading save files.
The thing is that if I am storing Pokémon 3DS ROM hacks on the micro SD card, that would mean that I would be trying to store multiple versions of the same title ID on a single micro SD card. So that would not really work out since having multiple games with the same title ID does not work and that changing the title ID for Pokémon games renders then unable to load. I would personally like to not drag and drop the ROM hack files to the laptop or somewhere else every time I would like to play a different Pokémon ROM hack that uses the same base game. That's the main reason why I asked since I do not know of another way to get around this situation unless I've missed something.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that if I am storing Pokémon 3DS ROM hacks on the micro SD card, that would mean that I would be trying to store multiple versions of the same title ID on a single micro SD card. So that would not really work out since having multiple games with the same title ID does not work and that changing the title ID for Pokémon games renders then unable to load. I would personally like to not drag and drop the ROM hack files to the laptop or somewhere else every time I would like to play a different Pokémon ROM hack that uses the same base game. That's the main reason why I asked since I do not know of another way to get around this situation unless I've missed something.
Then yeah you could just drag and drop the files, but at bare minimum, you need the boot.firm that you get when you install CFW via 3ds.guide on each of the SD cards.

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I can't access to my New 3DS XL on network from my computer in wifi (to copy or remove files to/from my internal SD card).

My N3DSXL is on 11.6.0-39E version, and no change on the side of computer or wifi network.

The problem has just appeared since I've updated boot9strap yesterday, and then update Luma3DS version 8 to version 9, and GodMod9 to lastest version too.
That's all.

Everything else is working fine : homebrew, FBI, cartridge games or CIA games installed, Wifi connection for games or Youtube, eShop, Freeshop, etc.

The only problem is I can't access to my 3DS from my computer now.
When connected I can see my 3DS from Windows Explorer under the network tab like before (I do not change name, user and password).
But when I click on it : I've got an error (probably permission ?) instead access to microSD.
On Windows Explorer I've got an error code 0x80070035 "network path not found".

Any idea ?

Cath97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone. I have a question.
I just bought a New 3DS XL (SNES Edition if it matters) and it's running on 11.4 (Europe). I didn't update it. It was 11.4 by itself.
Is there a possible way to downgrade it to 11.3 ?
I want to install CFW on it. Since I'm kinda newbie, i don't want to use hardmod on it and i don't have another 3DS to use DSiWare.
If it matters, i just want the CFW to use free-shop and play for free :)
If anyone can help it'll be much appreciated.
Thank you :)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello everyone. I have a question.
I just bought a New 3DS XL (SNES Edition if it matters) and it's running on 11.4 (Europe). I didn't update it. It was 11.4 by itself.
Is there a possible way to downgrade it to 11.3 ?
I want to install CFW on it. Since I'm kinda newbie, i don't want to use hardmod on it and i don't have another 3DS to use DSiWare.
If it matters, i just want the CFW to use free-shop and play for free :)
If anyone can help it'll be much appreciated.
Thank you :)
Use the ntrboot method. You'll need a compatible ds flashcard. There are recommendations in the first post of this thread.

Cath97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Use the ntrboot method. You'll need a compatible ds flashcard. There are recommendations in the first post of this thread.
Thank you for your answer.
One more question. If i install the CFW with a flashcard, then will i need the flashcard for the 3DS games? Or a simple sd card will do the job?

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've just managed to 2DS > 2DS using DSiWare save injection. I'm at the point where my target DS has the source DS NNID from the transfer and I need to wait 7 days to transfer back.
I'm happy to keep the target DS with the source DS's NNID. The 3DS Guide isn't clear as to how I continue on without transferring the NNID back to the source.
If I was to restore my source 2DS SysNAND backup without waiting the 7 days (I'm happy to leave the NNID on the target DS) would it be ok? From what I understand the source DS would obtain a new NNID? Would I restore the SysNAND backup then run the "remove_nnid.gm9" or should I remove the nnid prior to the restore?

Thank you!

Last edited by PR0r,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey guys, I've just managed to 2DS > 2DS using DSiWare save injection. I'm at the point where my target DS has the source DS NNID from the transfer and I need to wait 7 days to transfer back.
I'm happy to keep the target DS with the source DS's NNID. The 3DS Guide isn't clear as to how I continue on without transferring the NNID back to the source.
If I was to restore my source 2DS SysNAND backup without waiting the 7 days (I'm happy to leave the NNID on the target DS) would it be ok? From what I understand the source DS would obtain a new NNID? Would I restore the SysNAND backup then run the "remove_nnid.gm9" or should I remove the nnid prior to the restore?

Thank you!
Just restore the nand backup. The nnid will stay on the target.

GBAtoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having issues with freeshop. I succesfully got everything up and running thanks to you guys a few months ago. managed to update luma etc since then. But can't remember what versions they are currently on. I've just been playing Pokemon Sun since then and a bit of Mario kart.

I went to open freeshop last night and it comes up saying downloading straight away when the app launches, after a while I get the following screen. I cannot get find any searchable help with this error so far. I reinstalled freeshop using the QR code via FBI. But this didnt do anything for me.

The error is;

Error: [string ""?""]:32: error opening ZIP File

If this isnt the place to get help with the issue, I apologize, if you can point me the in right direction that would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is