• Likes 43

applZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello again

Was following 3ds guide suggested above, got the setup part done and now at the finalizing part.

I can't launch the hb.title from the rosalina in the download play application.

There error it gives me is
ARM11
Exeption type : prefetch abort
Current process : loader(00000)

there are couple of threads out there, one that says to update manually upload luma

Any clues ?

Thanks a bunch!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello again

Was following 3ds guide suggested above, got the setup part done and now at the finalizing part.

I can't launch the hb.title from the rosalina in the download play application.

There error it gives me is
ARM11
Exeption type : prefetch abort
Current process : loader(00000)

there are couple of threads out there, one that says to update manually upload luma

Any clues ?

Thanks a bunch!
Try updating your boot.3dsx to the one linked in the guide. You might have been using an old one.

Fougeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trying to use ftpd, but it is disconnecting from wifi with this error:

setsockopt: SO_LINGER 115 Network interface is not configured

Anyone can help? :/

applZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2 last question for you lads :

1/i have an US bought game on my sd card. My o3ds is updated with CFW and is EU. I am trying to export the save from said game but the cia i use (JKsave manager) can't find it. I assume it's because my game is US but console EU.

Would region switching solve the problem ? Or is there an easier manoeuver to do directly with Luma so that my game can be read by JKsave manager ?

2/ ive got a o3ds non hacked from the US, stuck on 11.5. I also have this o3ds that is hacked from EU. For me to do the DSI thingy, i'd need two console from the same region. Would region switching also work in that case ?

Thanks a bunch !

Last edited by applZ,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 last question for you lads :

1/i have an US bought game on my sd card. My o3ds is updated with CFW and is EU. I am trying to export the save from said game but the cia i use (JKsave manager) can't find it. I assume it's because my game is US but console EU.

Would region switching solve the problem ? Or is there an easier manoeuver to do directly with Luma so that my game can be read by JKsave manager ?

2/ ive got a o3ds non hacked from the US, stuck on 11.5. I also have this o3ds that is hacked from EU. For me to do the DSI thingy, i'd need two console from the same region. Would region switching also work in that case ?

Thanks a bunch !
You just need to refresh the game list in JKSM. The region has nothing to do with anything. As for the other question, it would be a hell of a lot easier just to get a flashcard for NTRBootHaX. I'm not sure if a region changed console can even access the official server without throwing an error (or failing) when performing a system transfer.

I never understand why people buy consoles out of their region if they plan to hack them anyway. Luma is region free for a reason.

Reactions: Quantumcat

danya99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! New here, made an account just to ask for help, I've gotten banned and kicked from some subreddits for mentioning piracy... Anyhow, I've got a 2DS and am super illiterate regarding this technical stuff... I followed Asia81's guide to my best ability on how to convert/decrypt 3ds files, etc. So my 2ds is all set up on Homebrew, and I have these decrypted .3ds files (and .cia of the same games, not sure what files I need so I put them through the converter both ways; downloaded from external source in order to play on PC on emulator) on my PC. This part of Asia's guide completely confused me and I can't find any results on how to do the rest of this. How do I run these games on my 2ds!? How do I even move them to the SD card and make them playable!? I can't figure this out for the life of me. Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys! (Btw the games I mentioned are a different region & language than my 2ds if that matters, I read something about changing region through HANS but again I have no idea how it works)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! New here, made an account just to ask for help, I've gotten banned and kicked from some subreddits for mentioning piracy... Anyhow, I've got a 2DS and am super illiterate regarding this technical stuff... I followed Asia81's guide to my best ability on how to convert/decrypt 3ds files, etc. So my 2ds is all set up on Homebrew, and I have these decrypted .3ds files (and .cia of the same games, not sure what files I need so I put them through the converter both ways; downloaded from external source in order to play on PC on emulator) on my PC. This part of Asia's guide completely confused me and I can't find any results on how to do the rest of this. How do I run these games on my 2ds!? How do I even move them to the SD card and make them playable!? I can't figure this out for the life of me. Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys! (Btw the games I mentioned are a different region & language than my 2ds if that matters, I read something about changing region through HANS but again I have no idea how it works)
Well first off, do you have CFW? I assume you do unless you're just downloading ROMS and using PC tools.

Anyway, CIAs need to be installed with a title manager such as FBI, NASA, Dev Menu etc. for them to run on your 2DS. .3DS ROMS are either for emulators or 3DS flashcarts, otherwise you can do nothing with them on your console itself. You can (as you know) convert them to CIAs and can then be installed on your console as described above.

If you only have userland HomeBrew and no CFW (your console is on 11.4/11.5) then there is currently no way to install those games on your 2DS unless you buy a DS flashcart for use with NTRBootHaX.

danya99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first off, do you have CFW? I assume you do unless you're just downloading ROMS and using PC tools.

Anyway, CIAs need to be installed with a title manager such as FBI, NASA, Dev Menu etc. for them to run on your 2DS. .3DS ROMS are either for emulators or 3DS flashcarts, otherwise you can do nothing with them on your console itself. You can (as you know) convert them to CIAs and can then be installed on your console as described above.

If you only have userland HomeBrew and no CFW (your console is on 11.4/11.5) then there is currently no way to install those games on your 2DS unless you buy a DS flashcart for use with NTRBootHaX.
You're awesome, thanks! Also I had no clue about title managers. Luckily, my 2ds is on 11.0! If you could shoot me a guide for how to use the title manager I'd be forever grateful ;_; I wish I knew enough to click around and figure it out myself

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're awesome, thanks! Also I had no clue about title managers. Luckily, my 2ds is on 11.0! If you could shoot me a guide for how to use the title manager I'd be forever grateful ;_; I wish I knew enough to click around and figure it out myself
Oh awesome! You're at a great spot to get CFW for free. Just follow this guide to the T and you'll be set! https://3ds.guide/

If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

applZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You just need to refresh the game list in JKSM. The region has nothing to do with anything. As for the other question, it would be a hell of a lot easier just to get a flashcard for NTRBootHaX. I'm not sure if a region changed console can even access the official server without throwing an error (or failing) when performing a system transfer.

I never understand why people buy consoles out of their region if they plan to hack them anyway. Luma is region free for a reason.
hi there

indeed i pressed the refresh button quite a number of time already, for none further results

2/thanks for the info pal !

all in all, are you guys aware of any troubleshooting that would disallow JKSM to find my game ?

about what you were wondering, my 15yo self didnt think about hacking a 3ds :/

Cheers to all of you !

Last edited by applZ,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there

indeed i pressed the refresh button quite a number of time already, for none further results

thanks for the info pal

about what you were wondering, my 15yo self didnt think about hacking a 3ds :/:/
Oh I didn't mean you specifically, it was more thinking out loud haha.
Also you could try reinstalling JKSM, and playing your game that's missing right before opening the program. Are you using it through HomeBrew or the CIA?

Last edited by Majickhat55,

danya99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh awesome! You're at a great spot to get CFW for free. Just follow this guide to the T and you'll be set! https://3ds.guide/

If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.
Hey, I've got everything set with FBI, put cias in there, now I'm running the FBI application in Homebrew and it's been going for like 30 min, should I let it keep going? lol, it's just at the black screen with white text, giving me "Left" "i" and "count" columns

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi there

2/thanks for the info pal !

all in all, are you guys aware of any troubleshooting that would disallow JKSM to find my game ?

about what you were wondering, my 15yo self didnt think about hacking a 3ds :/

Cheers to all of you !
Just to ask something potentially obvious but the game is actually installed right? As in the icon shows on your home menu? Just checking.

applZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to ask something potentially obvious but the game is actually installed right? As in the icon shows on your home menu? Just checking.
hi man
the game is not showing on my EU 3ds home menu, but it is on my US one, which is not the hacked one.
Do i need to do anything supplementary in order to install ?

Cheers!

danya99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, another update. FBI installed and running. However, when trying to install .cias it gives me an error, "Cert signature or hash check failed" Will they not run on Homebrew? Do I need different CSW?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi man
the game is not showing on my EU 3ds home menu, but it is on my US one, which is not the hacked one.
Do i need to do anything supplementary in order to install ?

Cheers!
What do you mean? Do you have a region changed emuNAND or something?

If you mean that you are just taking the SD card out and putting it in another console - that will never work. The game installations and saves are encrypted per console. If you want to use the data in another console you have to system transfer, but that's impossible between consoles of different regions. If you want to extract the save data you have to get JKSM on the console the game is installed on.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I have a question, since I added a new SD card, I can't use the sound hex to launch homebrew launcher. I keep getting an error that tells me to restart the device. I had my 4 gig card that originally came with the device modded last night and now I reinstalled 11.2 on it like it originally had so I can use my 32 gig SD card. Can someone help me out. H2testw says the card has no errors. Should I just update the Luma cfw and copy the stuff from the 4 gig to the 32 gig? I wanted to use the 32 card but now when I boot the 3ds with the card, it flashes blue? I don't know what I did. It doesn't seem to flash when I have the 4 gig SD card in.

Last edited by qaz015393,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.