• Views 4,467,938
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using Luma updater will rename your current boot.firm to boot.firm.bak and download the boot.firm from Luma 8.1 on your SD card. What do you mean by your other question? I don't think your Luma version will affect freeShop since you tried legacy and it didn't help.
What I mean is that, the only reason I tried luma legacy was because the freeshop had a black error screen when closing and I wanted to fix that but luma legacy kinda helped, just without the black screen but an actual restart of the system. I was just wondering if it would revert back to that black error screen. And also, (noob question ahead) the Luma Updater is the 3ds app, right? And, when the luma legacy turns into a boot.firm.bak file should I delete that off the sd card since the new one will download onto it? When I download Luma 8.1, should I hold select down when booting up to go to the Luma screen and select and option?

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes you are right, I'm sorry that I didn't read your post well enough to realise that you wanted to go cia -> Sky3DS and assumed it was the other way. It will probably work. If you have issues I don't think I can help but others will be able to.
No problem Quantumcat, and thank's very much for help and avaibility. :)
I'll make a feedback to conclude about the result.

Reactions: Quantumcat

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having errors when I tried to update the freeshop, it kept on crashing so I had to manually update it using a computer. Now it stays on an loop whenever I update it to the latest cache and it gives me an error and asks me to restart the 3DS, any ideas on how to fix this?

Wally_Cykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did everything in the 3ds.guide to update from a9lh to b9s. But when i'm trying to start the luma updater, it says "Configuration file loaded sucessfully. Unknown or wrong config value: a9lh for payload type". How do i fix this?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything in the 3ds.guide to update from a9lh to b9s. But when i'm trying to start the luma updater, it says "Configuration file loaded sucessfully. Unknown or wrong config value: a9lh for payload type". How do i fix this?
Download the lumaupdater.cfg from my Luma Updater repo and replace the one you have with that one then try again.

KuroAmaterasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

I have a problem, after I installed my CFW my 3DS started to crash sometimes during games (More oftenly on some games than others). I installed it while the console was on 11.3 and updated to B9S but the problem is still there. Is there any solution to this ?

Thanks per advance

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello !

I have a problem, after I installed my CFW my 3DS started to crash sometimes during games (More oftenly on some games than others). I installed it while the console was on 11.3 and updated to B9S but the problem is still there. Is there any solution to this ?

Thanks per advance
Try a new SD card and/or test yours with H2testw to see if it is corrupted https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been having errors when I tried to update the freeshop, it kept on crashing so I had to manually update it using a computer. Now it stays on an loop whenever I update it to the latest cache and it gives me an error and asks me to restart the 3DS, any ideas on how to fix this?
What version freeShop do you have? If it is a 2.x version then install the newest using the QR code on the freeShop thread, install with FBI https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/page-117
What kind of crashing? If an arm11 error screen try the legacy build of Luma https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Otherwise, try deleting the freeShop folder (3ds/data/freeShop) and load it up again and see if it still loops and crashes.

What I mean is that, the only reason I tried luma legacy was because the freeshop had a black error screen when closing and I wanted to fix that but luma legacy kinda helped, just without the black screen but an actual restart of the system. I was just wondering if it would revert back to that black error screen. And also, (noob question ahead) the Luma Updater is the 3ds app, right? And, when the luma legacy turns into a boot.firm.bak file should I delete that off the sd card since the new one will download onto it? When I download Luma 8.1, should I hold select down when booting up to go to the Luma screen and select and option?
You can do whatever you want with the boot.firm.bak file. It is easy enough to redownload so you can delete it if you want. Luma updater is an app, yes. Its icon is a star with a face. You'll be taken to the options the first time you restart so you don't have to hold down Select.

KuroAmaterasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try a new SD card and/or test yours with H2testw to see if it is corrupted https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

What version freeShop do you have? If it is a 2.x version then install the newest using the QR code on the freeShop thread, install with FBI https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/page-117
What kind of crashing? If an arm11 error screen try the legacy build of Luma https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Otherwise, try deleting the freeShop folder (3ds/data/freeShop) and load it up again and see if it still loops and crashes.

You can do whatever you want with the boot.firm.bak file. It is easy enough to redownload so you can delete it if you want. Luma updater is an app, yes. Its icon is a star with a face. You'll be taken to the options the first time you restart so you don't have to hold down Select.

Thank you. I used it and it said there was no errors. I haven't precised it but those crash are like if you take out the cartridge will playing

Beebz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting into Genesis games and want to get the best emulator, is Genesis plus px the best? I can't find a cia for it anywhere

I have a new 3ds

Last edited by Beebz,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you. I used it and it said there was no errors. I haven't precised it but those crash are like if you take out the cartridge will playing
You definitely tested with H2testw, full read write check? I don't know what's wrong, maybe the SD reader in the console is faulty or maybe just dusty? Sorry I couldn't help more.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

Is there a difference between CFW and using a flashcart?

Do I need a flashcart?

Cheers.
For 3DS games you want CFW. You can use flashcarts too but they cost money and have less ability to play games. For DS games you need a flashcart. It's possible to play a very small number of games with CFW but they play so badly it is more of an experiment than anything else.

Reactions: Firewarrior

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok, great. Will the black error screen happen again when I close the freeshop (it's okay if you don't know)?

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for the reply! I already updated using a computer since it wasn't updating through the app itself, it wasn't an arm11 error, I'll try deleting the freeshop folder then :)

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been gone a long time. Time to update my 3DS. I'll just follow the Holy Guide for that. I'm just wondering if there has been any progression on playing downloaded DS games without a flashcart?
And is it possible to make amiibo cards with NFC tags with just your 3DS now?
Thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ah ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if...