Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, thanks for the fast response! Really appreciated!

Now that you say it, that makes sense. Not to complain (I certainly couldn't write it better), but I don't think that's clear in the save converting tutorial. When the tutorial said as the first step "1. Install all the cia games you need, for the games you're going to import saves with" it never occurred to me to do that before installing CFW. Rookie mistake, I guess.

Is there any up or down side to either of the two downgrading methods you mention? Do I just downgrade to 11.2, then follow the https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/ guide, and then go through the tutorial for converting saves?
1. The first one may mean you lose some data (but you can make a NAND backup and restore it when you are done backing up your saves) but it is easier
2. Yep

Reactions: RickyEarl

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I've a US region console on 11.5 and I am in Euro region, is there anything I can do to use HBL or region change. Sourcing another US console wont be possible so sadly that leaves me with not a lot?

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. The first one may mean you lose some data (but you can make a NAND backup and restore it when you are done backing up your saves) but it is easier
2. Yep
So you successfully scared me into using 3DNUS. Loaded all 129 of the CIAs for 11.2 into the cias folder and installed with FBI. about 1/3 of them wouldn't install because a file already existed. I'm assuming that's OK.

Now I am backing up the SysNAND for this version so I can get it back if need be.

If this doesn't work I will go back to the 4.4.0 pre-GW backup.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So you successfully scared me into using 3DNUS. Loaded all 129 of the CIAs for 11.2 into the cias folder and installed with FBI. about 1/3 of them wouldn't install because a file already existed. I'm assuming that's OK.

Now I am backing up the SysNAND for this version so I can get it back if need be.

If this doesn't work I will go back to the 4.4.0 pre-GW backup.
You should use sysupdater not FBI. It is designed for installing firmware files. FBI may not do it properly. It is probably supposed to replace the ones that already exist. And you should have backed up your NAND before doing that - if you've broken something now you won't be able to get back to where you were. Hope all goes well.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should use sysupdater not FBI. It is designed for installing firmware files. FBI may not do it properly. It is probably supposed to replace the ones that already exist. And you should have backed up your NAND before doing that - if you've broken something now you won't be able to get back to where you were. Hope all goes well.

Crap - did I brick my system? What do I do now? I'm in Godmode backing up the SysNAND - haven't booted to the OS yet.

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On reboot I get a red "An exception occurred" screen with the exception type "prefecth abort (svcBreak)"

"press any button to continue shutdown"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried to post a screenshot but got an error.

Last edited by RickyEarl,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
On reboot I get a red "An exception occurred" screen with the exception type "prefecth abort (svcBreak)"

"press any button to continue shutdown"

I tried to post a screenshot but got an error.
Yeah just do a 9.2 or 11.2 CTR transfer. See my link to 3Down for 11.2 (not all region/type combinations are available) and https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer for 9.2.

Reactions: RickyEarl

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK, I somehow CTRTransferred to 9.2 using the same 3DS Guide. Now can I run the https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/ guide, and then go through the tutorial for converting saves or do I have to upgrade to 11.2 first?
You should be able to do it on 9.2, unless there's a game that requires a higher firmware to run, but even then it might be fine because you only have to have the game showing on the cartridge icon not run it. If you do have a problem you can update using a Poochy and Yoshi rom, just boot into Gateway mode from the Gateway menu, holding Up on the D-pad while selecting the option on the menu (this disables rom update blocking which is turned on by default).

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. Finally got it done. THANK YOU. Crazy how much harder it was to transfer 6 saves than to install CFW. OK to update to 11.5 now?

One weird thing - I have saves for Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, but those two games are not on my GW card. Wonder where they came from and if I can import those?

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Finally got it done. THANK YOU. Crazy how much harder it was to transfer 6 saves than to install CFW. OK to update to 11.5 now?

One weird thing - I have saves for Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, but those two games are not on my GW card. Wonder where they came from and if I can import those?
Those are both available on Freeshop. You have CFW. have you downloaded that yet?

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I've picked up a US region console on 11.5 but Im in Euro region, is there anything I can do to use HBL or region change? Sourcing another US console is going to be nigh impossible so that leaves me with not a lot?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've picked up a US region console on 11.5 but Im in Euro region, is there anything I can do to use HBL or region change? Sourcing another US console is going to be nigh impossible so that leaves me with not a lot?
Yeah I would just sell it if I were you. Or maybe try and swap it for a Eur system that is not as good. For example if you have a 3DS you can maybe swap it with someone for a Eur 2DS. Or maybe swap it for one that is in bad condition (scratches etc).

Reactions: LuigiXL

kallek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, RXTools doesn't even work with EmuNAND above 11.2 or 11.3 I don't remember exactly. Your setup is pretty ancient IMO but if you want to continue using MSET you can. Head over to the luma release thread and download V7.0.5 and then go here https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...rade/7b1fe3490d1e1f03429084bc51a27235e6ebd387 to the older versions of the WIKI to get instructions on how to replace your RXTools with Luma.

Alternatively, you can of course install Boot9Strap.

I downloaded Luma V7.0.5 and followed the link. Not sure what they mean by red or blue colors but just to be sure before I screw something up, if I understand correctly this is what I have to do:

1. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the sd card
2. Copy Luma3ds.dat from the mset folder to the root of the sd card, renaming it to launcher.dat.

Then I should be able to launch Luma the same way I launched rxtools and update the emunand the same way by going to the settings menu. Am I right?

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does each 3DS cart create a unique CIA file? If I create a cia from my copy of Pokemon Sun, is that different from one I would create from my friend's copy? Basically is there anything that makes cia files unique?

MikeGold

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have new 3dsxl with the most recent update and the normal 3ds xl that I didn't turned on since the new 3ds was released.
All I really want is not homebrew or custom firmware, but the golden pants for my Mii on my new 3ds.
Any idea on how can I get that sorted? Do I have to install CFW on my new 3DS and then somehow revert it to normal firmware, or maybe I should hack my old 3DS that I don't care about, create Mii on it and somehow copy it to my new 3ds?
All ideas very much welcome. Thanks in advance!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does each 3DS cart create a unique CIA file? If I create a cia from my copy of Pokemon Sun, is that different from one I would create from my friend's copy? Basically is there anything that makes cia files unique?
No, they should be the same

I have new 3dsxl with the most recent update and the normal 3ds xl that I didn't turned on since the new 3ds was released.
All I really want is not homebrew or custom firmware, but the golden pants for my Mii on my new 3ds.
Any idea on how can I get that sorted? Do I have to install CFW on my new 3DS and then somehow revert it to normal firmware, or maybe I should hack my old 3DS that I don't care about, create Mii on it and somehow copy it to my new 3ds?
All ideas very much welcome. Thanks in advance!
There's a homebrew that lets you add golden pants. You might be able to do it with just plain homebrew. Have a look at https://github.com/phijor/SpecializeMii/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X