Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So i want to install B9S on my n3DS, problem is i can't get to the Luma3ds chainloader menu even if i press start. What is the problem?

Here is my current 3DS status:
  • Luma ver. 7.1
  • a9lh
  • shadownand(suspicious)
  • fw 11.4
EDIT: I followed this guide
If you only have one payload it will just load that payload and skip the chainloader menu.
You can't have Luma 7.1 with a9lh. Did you mean 7.0.5?

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you only have one payload it will just load that payload and skip the chainloader menu.
Payload as in the one in "/luma/payloads/" directory right?
I followed the instruction so i only have "start_SafeB9SInstaller.bin" and "GodMode9.firm" in that folder, but nope it boot straight to the fw

EDIT: it won't load other payload to when i boot it.

Last edited by dizz00,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed the instruction so i only have "start_SafeB9SInstaller.bin" and "GodMode9.firm" in that folder, but nope it boot straight to the fw

Try a different SD card, and double check the name of your folder (to make sure it isn't "payload" or similar). Also, make sure you're using Luma 7.0.5 (older versions may not have the chainloader menu). If no luck, tell us exactly what step you're up to.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Make sure the folder names are exactly "luma" and "payloads"

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Try a different SD card, and double check the name of your folder (to make sure it isn't "payload" or similar). Also, make sure you're using Luma 7.0.5 (older versions may not have the chainloader menu). If no luck, tell us exactly what step you're up to.
Tbh i don't think it is from the sd card because i can use my 3DS normally(play game from the sd), but if it is really from the card i won't be able to check it until later because i don't have any on me right now.
I only able to do 'til Section I - Prep Work final step because i can't load the chainloader
Make sure the folder names are exactly "luma" and "payloads"
The name is exactly that in mine.

How can i revert luma setting to default? maybe i forgot if i made a change when i first install it.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Download an older version of luma3ds and place it on your sd card. If you have the v7.1 in your sd card then your 3ds can't load it as you're not on b9s yet. Shadownand must be kicking in, that's why even without a supported luma3ds in your sd card, you can still boot up.

UPDATE: If I'm correct, then do the following:

1. Download a legacy release of luma3ds that's working with a9lh/snand.
2. Now you need to find out if you're really on a9lh or on shadownand.
2.1 If you're on a9lh, just extract the arm9loaderhax.bin to your sd card.
2.2 If you're on shadownand, extract the arm9loaderhax.bin to (sd card)/homebrew/3ds/ folder and rename it as boot.bin
3. now extract the safeb9sinstaller.bin to /luma/payloads/ folder and rename it as start_safeb9sinstaller.bin
4. Try now to chainload it. (of course, first make sure you have all the needed files to install b9s.)

Last edited by annson24,
Reactions: Quantumcat

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Download an older version of luma3ds and place it on your sd card. If you have the v7.1 in your sd card then your 3ds can't load it as you're not on b9s yet. Shadownand must be kicking in, that's why even without a supported luma3ds in your sd card, you can still boot up.
Sorry i check again and mine is 7.0.1 not 7.1
I only need to replace the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and "exception_dump_parser.py" right? Sorry i never upgrade luma on my own only using updater

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sorry i check again and mine is 7.0.1 not 7.1
I only need to replace the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and "exception_dump_parser.py" right? Sorry i never upgrade luma on my own only using updater
you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card? try to copy that to /homebrew/3ds folder and rename it as boot.bin, after that, try to chainload again. You might have snand (since you mentioned it a while ago).

PS. parser.py isn't needed.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card? try to copy that to /homebrew/3ds folder and rename it as boot.bin, after that, try to chainload again. You might have snand (since you mentioned it a while ago).

PS. parser.py isn't needed.

Emm.. so here is the thing
  • so tried to restore my latest luma backup because you suggest to try older version
  • backup restored
  • try to open lumaupdater to check my version
  • can't open lumaupdater
  • uninstall lumaupdater
  • install latest lumaupdater
  • open lumaupdater and...*drum roll*
  • b9s installed, luma updated to 8.1 and more.
I mean wtf i completely skip 1 section(2 if the config section pop up) lol.

Reactions: annson24

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Halp
i think mine is not installed correctly(maybe), i still can't boot payload and can't launch rosalina(L+select+down, right?).
the lumaupdater show it is installed tho. i check if the button is the proble, but no it work fine in game.

how can i revert my luma setting to default, or open luma config(i tried using select at boot but nothing, boot directly to fw). at this point i am positive i tweak at payload setting and forgot it(curse you me from the past who tweak the unnecesary)

MegaDeox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So I got a N3DS XL (latest firmware), and want a flashcart to run plain old DS games. What should I buy? Is there a risk?

EDIT: oops, I planed to quote my previous message.

Last edited by MegaDeox,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Halp
i think mine is not installed correctly(maybe), i still can't boot payload and can't launch rosalina(L+select+down, right?).
the lumaupdater show it is installed tho. i check if the button is the proble, but no it work fine in game.

how can i revert my luma setting to default, or open luma config(i tried using select at boot but nothing, boot directly to fw). at this point i am positive i tweak at payload setting and forgot it(curse you me from the past who tweak the unnecesary)
Don't check via lumaupdater, check the version using the luma configuration when holding the select button during bootup

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Youabra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems no one saw the message i put a few days ago, so let me just put it again, along with a new question:

I'm getting my 3ds ready to be unbanned (not now, but maybe in a month or 2.), so i've been getting my 3ds as 'clean' as i can before doing it. Everything has gone pretty good so far, but now i have 2 problems/questions:

- I've deleted almost every homebrew cia in my 3ds. The only one that remains is a SDK app that i installed to see if i could fix a streepass problem i had, CecBoxTool.
When i searched for it with FBI, it was with other red titles, simply called 'Aplication' (i can post a picture if needed). Can i simply delete it, or do i need to do something else?

- The other 'problem' is with Cthulhu, and that i don't know what i should choose in the menu. I open 'Activity Log management', and then i don't know if i should choose 'Clear Play History' or 'Clear Software Library'.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

The new question i have is that i tried to make the Health & Safety App back to normal. I couldn't do it with Godmode9, so i deleted the app with FBI and update my 3ds to get it back. And it worked... except that it still has the FBI icon. Any help?

Energygamer3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so here's the deal. I have a new nintendo 3ds that can usually handle installing .CIAs no problem but I am trying to install bye bye boxboy.cia and having a hell of a time I get I have tried FBI and it says that it installed basically but it is not on my homescreen and then when I try NASA I get the exact same thing I just do not know what to do I have tried downloading the .cia from 2 seperate sites but neither one will work I can install other .cias like the blargsnes.cia I just have no idea what to do any help would be so appreciated :)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I restored my omega save file over a week ago. But event pokemon (like messprit etc) wont appear. It only says "a mysterious ring is floating" blabla
I even kept my 3ds on ingame for over 42 hours but nothing changed.

How can i fix this?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It seems no one saw the message i put a few days ago, so let me just put it again, along with a new question:

The new question i have is that i tried to make the Health & Safety App back to normal. I couldn't do it with Godmode9, so i deleted the app with FBI and update my 3ds to get it back. And it worked... except that it still has the FBI icon. Any help?
1st question in quote, no idea. 2nd question in quote, read the Ctuluhu thread and if you can't find the answer, ask in that thread. Question in this post, refresh home menu icon cache with Ctuluhu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

okay so here's the deal. I have a new nintendo 3ds that can usually handle installing .CIAs no problem but I am trying to install bye bye boxboy.cia and having a hell of a time I get I have tried FBI and it says that it installed basically but it is not on my homescreen and then when I try NASA I get the exact same thing I just do not know what to do I have tried downloading the .cia from 2 seperate sites but neither one will work I can install other .cias like the blargsnes.cia I just have no idea what to do any help would be so appreciated :)
Try freeShop.

Reactions: Youabra

Xe-rom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
3DS System gives me a ErrDisp/Display error in which i have to reboot.
Problem is, system crashes after 28 seconds within the home menu or any software and games.

I'm pretty certain that it's a hardware problem since it survived a water incident.
Or it could be just me.
I'm not blaming b9s.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Don't check via lumaupdater, check the version using the luma configuration when holding the select button during bootup

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's the problem i can't enter luma configuration, or any other hold (put name here) button when bootup to boot (put name here) payload

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's the problem i can't enter luma configuration, or any other hold (put name here) button when bootup to boot (put name here) payload
Try arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5, boot.firm from Luma 7.1 and 8.1. One of these should allow you to hold Select on boot (before pressing power and during).
If you can't, either your SD card is faulty or your console is not hacked.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Try arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5, boot.firm from Luma 7.1 and 8.1. One of these should allow you to hold Select on boot (before pressing power and during).

Nope not work. And sd card is not faulty, i bought a new 8gb sd card to check yesterday and result is the same with both. Console i can confirm is hacked i already used it for about a year.

I think like annson said before shadownand kick in when bootup, do i just need to do what he said(rename the bin file and put it in the homebrew/3ds folder), does it work for any version of shadownand? Because i forgot what version is mine

[EDIT] Problem really is from shadownand, after i uninstalled it, it work fine, so for anyone having same problem as me check if shadownand is installed

Last edited by dizz00,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch