• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

BigdawgBman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, take your 2DS and follow the guide to get b9s installed. Obviously, don't update it until after b9s is installed. Take the 3DS and start the guide over for it, it will walk you through dsigamehax and doing a system transfer, then setting up b9s.

Alternatively, move the 2ds to b9s with the guide and keep playing on it. Put the 3ds aside. Wait for ntrboothax, grab a compatible ds, and use it to mod the 3ds without a system transfer.
So im following this guide(which is incredibly helpful btw) and eveythings going good till i get to the luma download it doesnt have the boot.firm file when i download it so my old 2s wont even turn on now just blinks for a second. Where do i get this file?

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im following this guide(which is incredibly helpful btw) and eveythings going good till i get to the luma download it doesnt have the boot.firm file when i download it so my old 2s wont even turn on now just blinks for a second. Where do i get this file?
Did you download Luma3DS.v8.0.7z? That has the boot.firm you need for b9s v1.2

Reactions: Quantumcat

Prafit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello temp members need some assistance i have an o3ds going from a9lh to Boot9strap followed everything. On boot up keep getting an error an exception occurred

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello temp members need some assistance i have an o3ds going from a9lh to Boot9strap followed everything. On boot up keep getting an error an exception occurred

I just got the same error when trying to boot Pokemon Y (after I modified it and rebuilt as cia)

No idea what its for. It only happened when I tried to boot that modified Pokemon Y. Everything else seems on.

Do you get that error just by switching on the 3ds?

Prafit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the same error when trying to boot Pokemon Y (after I modified it and rebuilt as cia)

No idea what its for. It only happened when I tried to boot that modified Pokemon Y. Everything else seems on.

Do you get that error just by switching on the 3ds?

Yup every time I turn it on it gets the error even tried with the sd card removed no luck

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I have installed B9S und have Luma CFW on my old 3DS XL. Now, I found an old SD card with an old Gateway emuNand on it. Is there any way to boot that emuNand with my current set up?
(This SD Card has an installed .cia game and I want to recover the savegame.)

Thank you.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is so damn frustrating..

I decrypted the cia, extracted, edited and rebuilt(pokemon y), several times. After installing, I get an error message like @Prafit above when launching the cia.
tried several times with different version.

So, I thought I would move to HANS. But HANS doesnt show up on homebrew launcher? Pretty strange. I renamed it to several files and download lots of times from different places, HANS doesnt come up on the homebrew launcher

Any ideas?
Also, how else can I do randomizer for ORAS/XY without HANS or installing the cia. SaltySD method perhaps? Any salty patch for those games?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so damn frustrating..

I decrypted the cia, extracted, edited and rebuilt(pokemon y), several times. After installing, I get an error message like @Prafit above when launching the cia.
tried several times with different version.

So, I thought I would move to HANS. But HANS doesnt show up on homebrew launcher? Pretty strange. I renamed it to several files and download lots of times from different places, HANS doesnt come up on the homebrew launcher

Any ideas?
Also, how else can I do randomizer for ORAS/XY without HANS or installing the cia. SaltySD method perhaps? Any salty patch for those games?
Just use Luma's layeredfs feature. There is no SaltySD patch for either game. No need to rebuild the CIA.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can do a randomizer with it. The "only thing" statement was meant for Smash 4, not ORAS.
Thanks.
So I followed this:

"""
The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
  • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
  • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com) inside titles.
  • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
  • Put the replacement files in the romfs folder.
  • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Y, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000055E00.""""
But didnt work. The changes didnt load up in game. Am I missing out something?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
So I followed this:

"""
The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
  • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
  • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com) inside titles.
  • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
  • Put the replacement files in the romfs folder.
  • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Y, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000055E00.""""
But didnt work. The changes didnt load up in game. Am I missing out something?
Just make sure that the romfs folder structure of the luma/titleid/romfs folder matches the romfs folder structure of the game. I don't know ORAS's folder structure right off hand to confirm anything. Also make sure your files randomized properly. You need Luma v7.1+ and make sure to enable that option in your Luma settings.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just make sure that the romfs folder structure of the luma/titleid/romfs folder matches the romfs folder structure of the game. I don't know ORAS's folder structure right off hand to confirm anything. Also make sure your files randomized properly. You need Luma v7.1+ and make sure to enable that option in your Luma settings.
It worked.
but then game crashed when I tried to save after literally 2 minutes lol. Saving doesnt work.

Well at least I know what to do now. Thanks :)

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Prafit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I figured out that my issue was by updating to Boot9strap I somehow went from using sysnand to emunand. I was always using sysnand in a9lh from day 1. By copying emunand to sysnand with godmode9 I was able to get passed the error. Only thing with that since I never used emunand I have no homebrew or cias :/

nottoast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use Luma's layeredfs feature. There is no SaltySD patch for either game. No need to rebuild the CIA.

I've had some success with getting layeredfs to work, but I'm noticing some lag regarding undubs. Is there a way to return to HANS while keeping HBL 2.0? Or can I just use an older version of the starter.zip that still has HANS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la