• Views 4,459,594
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

N1N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished updating from A9LH to B9S on a 9.2 USA 2DS using Plailect's guide. I might be bricked or something. I can boot .firm payloads, but whenever I try to boot normally, the Home menu seems to load, but all I get is a black screen. I might not have followed all the steps correctly either. I have a NAND backup (with A9LH), but it really doesn't matter to me what happens to this particular system.

EDIT: Recovery mode works, but I'd still appreciate help.

Last edited by N1N,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Question

I remember reading that there was this small oversight that you could do, where you bought a legit DSIWare app on the E-Shop, replace it's .app file with another like fieldrunners, and the DSIWare app would still work, boot Fieldrunners without losing it's legit key. Did this ever work? Or was it just fake stuff(or got patched)?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I finished updating from A9LH to B9S on a 9.2 USA 2DS using Plailect's guide. I might be bricked or something. I can boot .firm payloads, but whenever I try to boot normally, the Home menu seems to load, but all I get is a black screen. I might not have followed all the steps correctly either. I have a NAND backup (with A9LH), but it really doesn't matter to me what happens to this particular system.

EDIT: Recovery mode works, but I'd still appreciate help.
Try a 9.2 or an 11.2 (search for 3Down) CTR transfer.

SirAerion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys,

I have an o3dsxl running Luma (Don't remember which version exactly) and Arm9. I tried TWLoader for playing DS Games but it didn't worked for me, to slow and/or glitchy, I wonder if I can use a flashcart to play DS games on my 3DS with cfw? And if yes, which one should I get and how does it work?

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so is there anyone that can help me through this guide: https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap I was told to use it because it allows Luma to continue updating. I have an old 11.4 A9LH Luma 3DS XL, but the guide only has 2 options: NEW 3DS only, and 3DSafe only. I don't think I know what the latter is, and as I said I have and OLD 3DS XL. Please help!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so is there anyone that can help me through this guide: https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap I was told to use it because it allows Luma to continue updating. I have an old 11.4 A9LH Luma 3DS XL, but the guide only has 2 options: NEW 3DS only, and 3DSafe only. I don't think I know what the latter is, and as I said I have and OLD 3DS XL. Please help!
"If you do not have a New 3DS, you do not need secret_sector.bin." 3DSafe is only for if you installed or did anything with 3DSafe.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Greenrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Completely noob problem, I need to reinstall the homebrew launcher and FBI.

I had just followed the guide on 3ds.guide and installed custom firmware and all went well, but I deleted a few things off of my SD card and then reformatted it and no longer have FBI or homebrew launcher. I've searched the forms and have tried a myriad of things but cannot figure out how to put them back on. I'm currently on 11.4 after updating like the guide said. Please advise, thank you!

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Completely noob problem, I need to reinstall the homebrew launcher and FBI.

I had just followed the guide on 3ds.guide and installed custom firmware and all went well, but I deleted a few things off of my SD card and then reformatted it and no longer have FBI or homebrew launcher. I've searched the forms and have tried a myriad of things but cannot figure out how to put them back on. I'm currently on 11.4 after updating like the guide said. Please advise, thank you!
Do the last part of the Guide that has you inject FBI into H&S, install bunch of CIA, then restore FBI.

Greenrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of. You can check SVC patch or something in Luma3DS config and use the 3dsx version of FBI to install the CIA version of FBI.

Gotcha! Thanks for your help! Is there a way to boot into Luma as my 3DS starts up? It did it once automatically when I added the files to the SD card, but it won't when I hold down either L or Start button when I power it on.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha! Thanks for your help! Is there a way to boot into Luma as my 3DS starts up? It did it once automatically when I added the files to the SD card, but it won't when I hold down either L or Start button when I power it on.
Welcome. Hold down select and press the power button. You need to press and hold start and press the power button for payload launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!