• Views 4,464,327
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Now that 11.3 is out, is it still possible to follow the 3ds.guide but somehow only upgrade to 11.2 in the process? Or is it a case of where once you've downgraded to 2.1.0, you can only then upgrade back up to the very latest firmware out at that time?
If you're on 11.2, you can follow it just fine. You will restore the 11.2 nand backup before updating and 11.3 works once you have Luma and a9lh installed already

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I just thought I'd ask a Noobish question in here as it's been a while since I installed CFW on any 3DSs.

- Basically, a friend of a friend has asked me if I can install CFW on his 2DS, which he says is on 8.4.
- After quickly checking plailects guide, it seems that FW version 8.4 isn't supported by the initial Decrypt9 entry point, cutting off at 8.1.0.

I have Freakyforms Deluxe and Ocarina of Time, but these can only be used as homebrew entry points from FW version 9.0 onwards from what I recall.

I'm just wondering if I'm out of options, or whether I've missed anything else..

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're on 11.2, you can follow it just fine. You will restore the 11.2 nand backup before updating and 11.3 works once you have Luma and a9lh installed already
So when that stickied thread here explains why 1.3 can't be downgraded, does that only apply to people who dont already have Luma and a9lh? So basically if I'm on 11.2, I downgrade to 2.1.0, install the various hax, then upgrade to 11.3, does that mean I can still downgrade from 11.3 in the future if I want to?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So when that stickied thread here explains why 1.3 can't be downgraded, does that only apply to people who dont already have Luma and a9lh? So basically if I'm on 11.2, I downgrade to 2.1.0, install the various hax, then upgrade to 11.3, does that mean I can still downgrade from 11.3 in the future if I want to?
AFAIK, yes. I just don't see a reason to.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering if I have anything to lose if I upgraded to 11.3 today. Seeing how 11.2 is perfectly fine right now, aside from the fact that you get the upgrade message popping up from time to time.
But that still doesn't answer my original question. If I'm upgrading, can I only upgrade all the way to the latest firmware? Or is it possible to go up to a version somewhere in between too? For example, lets say in the future a OFW update comes out that breaks all exploits (lets call it 12.0). If I used the 3ds.guide to downgrade to 2.1.0, can I then use something like a retail cart with a 11.2.0 update so that I don't have to upgrade all the way?

Basically I want to know that if I have a 3DS right now without any hax installed, and I've kept it on 11.2, am I going to miss my opportunity for CFW in the future if I don't do it right now?

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I know it's in the rules that people can't request for games outside of Homebrews but what about demos? Like MHXX Demo >.<

DDDarkLink

Trophies
XP
Country
The tickets aren't installed for the games, DLC and themes so they cannot show up until you reinstall their tickets. I believe this can be done with Tikshop, but I've never used it myself. I don't know what the file phtcache.bin is but it definitely is not the cause of them not appearing.

In the end I just installed the games and DLCs I had on the old SD via FBI using CIAs, and paying atention to wich new folders appeared with the installation of those CIAs, I could identify which numeric folders were each game, so I just went to the old SD and grabbed the .sav foe each one. So now I have all my games and DLCs + the saves, only thing I miss is 2 paid themes wich is not a big deal.

By the way, I heard that you can go to your dbs folder and delete title.dbs and import.dbs, then make 2 txt with those names and change the format to .dbs. Then on your 3ds you go to settings>data management and there will be an error and you can select to FIX it. With that you are supposed to fix your tickets. Would that work for the problem I had?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was just wondering if I have anything to lose if I upgraded to 11.3 today. Seeing how 11.2 is perfectly fine right now, aside from the fact that you get the upgrade message popping up from time to time.
But that still doesn't answer my original question. If I'm upgrading, can I only upgrade all the way to the latest firmware? Or is it possible to go up to a version somewhere in between too? For example, lets say in the future a OFW update comes out that breaks all exploits (lets call it 12.0). If I used the 3ds.guide to downgrade to 2.1.0, can I then use something like a retail cart with a 11.2.0 update so that I don't have to upgrade all the way?

Basically I want to know that if I have a 3DS right now without any hax installed, and I've kept it on 11.2, am I going to miss my opportunity for CFW in the future if I don't do it right now?

You were already given your answer above. If you have a 11.2 3DS and hack it the first thing you do is make a backup. This backup is of 11.2 FW. Then you go to 2.1, install A9LH. THEN you restore your backup. Oh what's that? You're on 11.2 again.

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tools or helpers out there that can convert saves from region to region? Haven't looked too hard myself, but I've only come across tutorials using gateway so far, rather not go that route.

gforcefire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i want to update to 11.3. I did the Sysnand bak and all etceteras, but i want to know how do I update my Hbl. Do I need to do the whole procces for soundhax? Or just need to replace something?

EDIT: Well, I searched some pages before and found what I need to do. Thanks.

Last edited by gforcefire,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You were already given your answer above. If you have a 11.2 3DS and hack it the first thing you do is make a backup. This backup is of 11.2 FW. Then you go to 2.1, install A9LH. THEN you restore your backup. Oh what's that? You're on 11.2 again.
No, I mean without a backup. Can you go up to a higher firmware but not all the way to the latest?
Right now I have a 11.2 backup. Lets say 11.6 came out tomorrow. Is there any way I can upgrade to 11.3 at that point?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No, I mean without a backup. Can you go up to a higher firmware but not all the way to the latest?
Right now I have a 11.2 backup. Lets say 11.6 came out tomorrow. Is there any way I can upgrade to 11.3 at that point?

Only with a cart but why does that matter? Why would you only want to upgrade to a specific one? The FW you're on is hackable - why not hack your console right now?

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was just a hypothetical question. And trying to understand what we're working with.
I wasn't sure if we were able to pick a firmware we wanted, downloaded a torrent of it (like how we do with 2.1.0), and then just inject it. But it sounds more like we have to depend on our backup, and whatever updates we have on any carts we own.

Anh-vu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have a Supercard DSTwo Plus and a 3ds v7.2.0-0E. How do I get into 3DS game selection mode? Right now I can only play DS games

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been working for awhile. Get the latest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I get a link or does the link from the thread work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's been working for awhile. Get the latest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FYI, I don't have CFW, nor do I want it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

You're out of luck then.

Hi,
I have a Supercard DSTwo Plus and a 3ds v7.2.0-0E. How do I get into 3DS game selection mode? Right now I can only play DS games
Don't do it. Gateway bricks consoles using clone carts. Unless you use a really old launcher.dat, in which case you'd be limited to 9.5 emuNAND firmware on new 3DS and about 10.2 on old 3DS, meaning you can't play any new games.

You're better off following http://3ds.guide/get-started to play 3DS games, and keep the DSTwo for DS games.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

I'd be really interested in knowing why on earth would you refuse to get CFW? You're on 11.3 so you can't actually install CFW anyway so it doesn't matter whether you want it or not, but to not want CFW seems weird to say the least .. If you wanted to use Homebrew you should've not updated to 11.3 or should've installed A9LH+Luma and then updated to 11.3 .. now you're SOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s