• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Bryan547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay perfect, you are right were you are supposed to be. Continue the guide and you are supposed to delete some files, and you will see that if you boot the 3DS with the SD inside the 3DS will have a black screen.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I'll try. But what if I formatted the SD card? All of the files are gone. I just add the files back in?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You deleted your 11.2 backup? Well that means that you lost your saves files and apps. You can continue the guide you will need to some some extra steps to get back to 11.2 but thankfully you are not bricked. Lesser of two evils I say...

Bryan547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You deleted your 11.2 backup? Well that means that you lost your saves files and apps. You can continue the guide you will need to some some extra steps to get back to 11.2 but thankfully you are not bricked. Lesser of two evils I say...

Well no. I backed up my NAND but that was it.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no. I backed up my NAND but that was it.
Okay, add back the files that you deleted. All of them. Then delete the ctrtranfer 2.1 ones and continue the guide. If all goes well you will be good. But don't do a system update from the system settings, apparently that will brick your 3ds.

Bryan547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, add back the files that you deleted. All of them. Then delete the ctrtranfer 2.1 ones and continue the guide. If all goes well you will be good. But don't do a system update from the system settings, apparently that will brick your 3ds.

Thanks! Will do! I will report back with what happens. :)

Bryan547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Will do! I will report back with what happens. :)
So, after I delete the 2.1ctr files, what should I do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

YaBoiJon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started the soundhax process on my n3dsxl and got to the part where fasthax is launched. When the screen saws "we won" I press start to go back to HOMEBREW. But my top screen just goes black and bottom screen red. Tried this multiple times, has the same result. I double checked and triple checked my files, everything seems proper. Is there a certain thing that is wrong or should I just wipe the SD and start over?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do the next step on the guide. Turn it in without the SD card wait for it to load then put the SD card in.

Bryan547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So I made to the "Installing arm9loaderhax" part of the tutorial, but I still have a black screen. Right now the SD card is not in the 3DS but I've put it before, still black screen with all files on the SD card.

Do the next step on the guide. Turn it in without the SD card wait for it to load then put the SD card in.

Nothing but a black screen man. :/

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made to the "Installing arm9loaderhax" part of the tutorial, but I still have a black screen. Right now the SD card is not in the 3DS but I've put it before, still black screen with all files on the SD card.

Nothing but a black screen man. :/
Okay house keeping questions.
1. Have you out your N3DS in sleep mode (closing the lid while it's still on)?
2. You have all the right files according to the guide in yous SD?
3. Have you booted the 3DS without the SD card?

Bryan547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay house keeping questions.
1. Have you out your N3DS in sleep mode (closing the lid while it's still on)?
2. You have all the right files according to the guide in yous SD?
3. Have you booted the 3DS without the SD card?

1.I have not closed the lid.
2.Yes, all files are in the right directories.
3. Yes, the "shut down and turn back on" error shows up.

Aman310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am following updated guide for old 3ds running 11.2.0.35E but i cannot boot into decrypt9. i have tried many times. any solution??

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.I have not closed the lid.
2.Yes, all files are in the right directories.
3. Yes, the "shut down and turn back on" error shows up.
Damn man, I'm almost certain that you do not have a bricked system. But I just can't come up with a reason why you are experiencing this problem. You are not in any part of the guide that requires you to be booting things with commands such as "press start as boot or press up"

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am following updated guide for old 3ds running 11.2.0.35E but i cannot boot into decrypt9. i have tried many times. any solution??
You have all the files in the right place? Are you using the appropriate payloads? What entry point are you using and can you run safehax?

Bryan547

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn man, I'm almost certain that you do not have a bricked system. But I just can't come up with a reason why you are experiencing this problem. You are not in any part of the guide that requires you to be booting things with commands such as "press start as boot or press up"

What should I do at this point? I'm desperate to save this system. :/

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should I do at this point? I'm desperate to save this system. :/
I am too, k hate seeing systems go down that path. There is another thread about the a9lh + Luma using fasthax + safehax. The creator of the thread is very quick in giving responses and there is a lot of help from other users like me. The steps are also very similar to 3ds.guide since it's mostly the same method. I'm also helping in that one, I can link you if you want and maybe someone with more knowledge can help you out.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/455588/

Last edited by jack_okami,

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started the soundhax process on my n3dsxl and got to the part where fasthax is launched. When the screen saws "we won" I press start to go back to HOMEBREW. But my top screen just goes black and bottom screen red. Tried this multiple times, has the same result. I double checked and triple checked my files, everything seems proper. Is there a certain thing that is wrong or should I just wipe the SD and start over?
Wipe and start over. Can't think of anything else sorry.

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this video found in a non legit cia thread
I thought the guy said this video was him doing the guide on video.

at the 14:19 mark I (x) the 2 he said to on the new 3ds he said make sure (x) press start I did and it now says error has occurred failed to mount CRTNAND press any button to shutdown.

then it does nothing. with the sd card in it repeats error message with the sd card out it won't reboot at all what do I do?

ok holding power and start brought it back to the menu i was on. going to take a snap

Last edited by flashmanx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work