• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

tkg21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right now, there are not many pros by updating and it's better always to be in a version as low as possible.
If I were you, I would stay on that version and access homebrew using soundhax.
If you want cfw (luma) you'll need to hardmod or another 3ds already CFW'd, or even downgrade with your 3ds alone if by chance, you have one of the "four forbidden dsiwares" already purchased

Oh... shoot... I've updated while trying to run the soundhax... BUT it went "only" to 11.1.0-34... So I think I lucked out.

Homebrew launched now.

Oh, and I happen to have 4 swords... Who the heck didn't downloaded that?! Oh, well...

Thanks for the tip to use the soundhax :D

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh... shoot... I've updated while trying to run the soundhax... BUT it went "only" to 11.1.0-34... So I think I lucked out.

Homebrew launched now.

Oh, and I happen to have 4 swords... Who the heck didn't downloaded that?! Oh, well...

Thanks for the tip to use the soundhax :D
Then you're lucky, 'cause you can follow the guide to downgrade right now if you want!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't he use soundhax like everyone else? Surely I'm missing something here .. Cubic Ninja is so expensive man ..
Because of the firmware he's on and the part of Plailect's guide he has to follow. No where does it say to go into the Homebrew Launcher on that page, at least not u til the guide links you to the Decrypt9 (Homebrew Launcher page). Then he can use soundhax.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Because of the firmware he's on and the part of Plailect's guide he has to follow. No where does it say to go into the Homebrew Launcher on that page, at least not u til the guide links you to the Decrypt9 (Homebrew Launcher page). Then he can use soundhax.

I still don't get it. The get started page for N3DS JPN shows that you can either do NTR + Cubic Ninja IF you have no browser, or you can do the browser method for accessing HBL. Now presumably he doesn't have browser, hence why I asked about soundhax as it gets you to HBL which means you can effectively take the Browser route.

If what Arubaro said is why though, then I understand. But your reply did not solve the mystery for me.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't get it. The get started page for N3DS JPN shows that you can either do NTR + Cubic Ninja IF you have no browser, or you can do the browser method for accessing HBL. Now presumably he doesn't have browser, hence why I asked about soundhax as it gets you to HBL which means you can effectively take the Browser route.

If what Arubaro said is why though, then I understand. But your reply did not solve the mystery for me.
I think the guide is wrong there, as all the currently payload's exploits uses the ones on smea's github
https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_exploits
That's why almost all the exploits works from 9.0+ and on (at least the ones used to run the homebrew launcher)

Last edited by Arubaro,

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure where to post...
I have 3-3DS Consoles
1-Old 3DS 2-New 3DS XL all running luma A9LH
My issue is my New 3DS XL(Zelda Edition) downloads games at 500ish kb/s and my New 3DS XL(Galaxy Edition) downloads at 1500ish kb/s
what could be wrong? I am use Freeshop or Ciangle for games and have a router that is only for the 3ds's in my house.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He has -0, meaning he has no Browser. By no means does the NTR+CN guide mention going into the Homebrew Launcher. As Arubaro said, there are no payloads for anything less than 9.0. Therefore, he cannot use soundhax as a replacement and can only use CN.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where to post...
I have 3-3DS Consoles
1-Old 3DS 2-New 3DS XL all running luma A9LH
My issue is my New 3DS XL(Zelda Edition) downloads games at 500ish kb/s and my New 3DS XL(Galaxy Edition) downloads at 1500ish kb/s
what could be wrong? I am use Freeshop or Ciangle for games and have a router that is only for the 3ds's in my house.

Internet speed varies, not all of them will download at the same rate, that's just how it is.

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Internet speed varies, not all of them will download at the same rate, that's just how it is.
I thought of that too but it also does something else weird. When I had it connected to my main routers wifi it booted my other devices off anytime I downloaded something.

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought of that too but it also does something else weird. When I had it connected to my main routers wifi it booted my other devices off anytime I downloaded something.

Maybe your router has that kind of setting on? Don't allow internet access to any other device when one is downloading a file?
Or you have a maximum limit of devices set? I'm not sure, just making assumptions here.

Reactions: MeatieMeat

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe your router has that kind of setting on? Don't allow internet access to any other device when one is downloading a file?
Or you have a maximum limit of devices set? I'm not sure, just making assumptions here.
ok Thanks
it really stumped me but I said screw it a busted out my old router and made a homepass

Reactions: Posghetti

lucquinhas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I just used soundhax/Slowhax to enter into 3ds hacking with my 11.1 o3ds, worked wonderfully. I got Luma/ohl9

But the problem is: I can't play new games ( Pokemon sun, Monster hunter generations, Dragon Quest VII ) I get a big black screen everytime I try to play them, at this point I don't know what to do.

Older games are working fine ( paper mario, new super mario bros 2 and etc. )

is there any solution?

Thank you.

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I just used soundhax/Slowhax to enter into 3ds hacking with my 11.1 o3ds, worked wonderfully.

But the problem is: I can't play new games ( Pokemon sun, Monster hunter generations, Dragon Quest VII ) I get a big black screen everytime I try to play them, at this point I don't know what to do.

Older games are working fine ( paper mario, new super mario bros 2 and etc. )

is there any solution?

Thank you.

Are you updated to the latest firmware? (dumb question, but never hurts to check, I'm assuming you already have tho)
Are you using a boot manager? (I know these cause issues with extended ram games on o3ds)

lucquinhas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you updated to the latest firmware? (dumb question, but never hurts to check, I'm assuming you already have tho)
Are you using a boot manager? (I know these cause issues with extended ram games on o3ds)
Yep, I'm using the latest firmware 11.2.

Idk about the boot manager. Does Plailect guide tell you to use it? I followed the entire guide, I don't think I got a boot manager.

Last edited by lucquinhas,

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I'm using the latest firmware 11.2.

Idk about the boot manager. Does Plailect guide tell you to use it? I followed the entire guide, I don't think I got a boot manager.

If you followed just the Plailect guide, then you shouldn't have a boot manager (:
That's a weird issue than my dude. Every person I've encountered with an O3DS with extended RAM game issues was usually due to a boot manager.
Hopefully someone will come and sweep you off your feet :P

lucquinhas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed just the Plailect guide, then you shouldn't have a boot manager (:
That's a weird issue than my dude. Every person I've encountered with an O3DS with extended RAM game issues was usually due to a boot manager.
Hopefully someone will come and sweep you off your feet :P
Thanks anyway

lucquinhas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY! my problem was solved. Here is how I solved it:

Just go into Settings> other settings > system formatting. (not to be confused with SD card formatting) CAUTION> it will delete all your game data.

Then Just do again the steps 5 and 6 from this page :

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Done! All extended RAM games should work now.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, after dumping my animal crossing game and installing it as a cia I get a message saying "this software has an update, launch it while connected to the internet". What should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny