Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I finally bought an already hacked O3DS. As I'm in Peru, it costed me almost an entire paycheck, but it was worth it.

I have some issues with it, though, and I would love that you guys help me as I know next to nothing of the 3DS scene. All of these questions are product of my 2-day research on it, I haven't touched the WiFi switch at all.

1) It came with EmuNAND and RXTools. As far as I understand, RXTools (and EmuNAND itself) are outdated and it's recommended that I actually install ARM9 and Luma into the SysNand. Would I have any problems if I do that? The SysNAND firmware is 9.2.0.

2) The seller insisted that the 3DS should came with the leaked Pokemon Moon .cia pre-installed as a bonus in EmuNAND. I'm not sure if it is the leaked version or the actual FreeShop version. To be sure of it (and due to the recent banwaves), I want to delete it as soon as possible and resume my game later, but I don't want to lose the save data (I found a legit shiny Yumgoos). What's the process to backup savedata from EmuNAND and restore it into the new shiny Luma SysNAND?

3) It came with FBI, and that installs .cias, right? Haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming is similar to the Wii's WADManager? I read something about TitleKeys.

4) Right now, when I turn on the 3DS a few buzz-static screens appear and a "CFW selector" with the words "Yakareando" shows up before auto-loading the EmuNAND. From what I infer, the seller followed a tutorial to install RXTools from a colombian website. The only way to load the SysNAND right now is to turn on the 3DS with the SD card removed. As far as I'm reading, for the Luma install guide I need easy Access to the SySNand, so how do I turn off the AutoBoot? Even better, what files should I delete? I'll post a pic of my SD folder later.

5) In the guide of the Luma install, I don't understand the 4th step in the "Install Arm9loaderhax" part. What exactly am I backupin'? The guide says that before doing this step I should transfer my EmuNand content to the SysNand and ignore step 1, so after that should I do step 2?

6) My endgoal is installing FreeShop. In all of these questions, what are the bricking risks?

I know I'm asking alot but this little machine costed me quite a handful (I'll be in debt for the entire next year) so I'm pouring all of my heart onto it. Thanks in advance.
1. You won't have problems. Https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
2. You can use JKSM to back up the save, and inject it later.
3. Yes, it installs cias. You just need to place them in your SD card. You can also use freeShop to download and install games directly on your console, and not have to worry about finding cia files.
4. Replace boot.3dsx with the original one from smealum's page, so you can get to the homebrew launcher. Then you can choose to exit it and be on sysNAND. Then change the theme and menuhax will be uninstalled, and you can get to sysNAND normally after that.
5. The point of this section is to get your console to the latest firmware. If you have a NAND backup you can use that, or restore from your emuNAND backup, and/or update from System Settings. Just look for a path that involves you getting to the latest version and you're good. If you want your emuNAND data you'll have to do the Move emuNAND section. Note that will reset your firmware to whatever emuNAND had so it would be a waste of time to update your system before doing this as you'll just have to do it again after. If you just think through it it will make sense.
6. None, unless:
- you use the wrong region or wrong firmware files
- you let your battery fall out or let your console run out of battery while writing to the NAND
- you otherwise do something not in the guide. Mostly should be obvious that it's a dumb thing to do. For example I saw someone try to update an N3DS on 2.1 with a game cart, someone else did a system format of a 2DS, etc.

Reactions: RockmanPeru

Kenzhin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. Im new here. New 3ds xl has a version of 11.0.0-33u... Straight out of the box. Is there anyway i could play games through download games? For free? I got Nintendo dsi way back a long time ago, i can play games using flashcart with sdcard in it. Is it possible with my new nintendo 3ds to play free games also? Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone. Im new here. New 3ds xl has a version of 11.0.0-33u... Straight out of the box. Is there anyway i could play games through download games? For free? I got Nintendo dsi way back a long time ago, i can play games using flashcart with sdcard in it. Is it possible with my new nintendo 3ds to play free games also? Thanks
Not for free. You need either a second hacked console to do a DSiWare downgrade or a hardmod. Read https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
Hardmod is probably most cost efficient unless there's a good market for second hand consoles where you live, in which case I'd advise either buying a second console and selling the one you have, or using the second console to downgrade the first then reselling the second.

Here's a list of approved hardmodders. https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

RockmanPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You won't have problems. Https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
2. You can use JKSM to back up the save, and inject it later.
3. Yes, it installs cias. You just need to place them in your SD card. You can also use freeShop to download and install games directly on your console, and not have to worry about finding cia files.
4. Replace boot.3dsx with the original one from smealum's page, so you can get to the homebrew launcher. Then you can choose to exit it and be on sysNAND. Then change the theme and menuhax will be uninstalled, and you can get to sysNAND normally after that.
5. The point of this section is to get your console to the latest firmware. If you have a NAND backup you can use that, or restore from your emuNAND backup, and/or update from System Settings. Just look for a path that involves you getting to the latest version and you're good. If you want your emuNAND data you'll have to do the Move emuNAND section. Note that will reset your firmware to whatever emuNAND had so it would be a waste of time to update your system before doing this as you'll just have to do it again after. If you just think through it it will make sense.
6. None, unless:
- you use the wrong region or wrong firmware files
- you let your battery fall out or let your console run out of battery while writing to the NAND
- you otherwise do something not in the guide. Mostly should be obvious that it's a dumb thing to do. For example I saw someone try to update an N3DS on 2.1 with a game cart, someone else did a system format of a 2DS, etc.

Ok, so in the 4th step in the guide, should I just transfer the EmuNAND data tot eh SysNAND and ignore the rest of the 4th section?

Also, I read in another thread that another user bricked it's N3DS by an enterely low random chance. Is there any remote minimial risk that would happen with my O3DS? The fella said he followed the guide step by step.

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do I backup the save files of titles such as P. Alpha Sapphire or Smash Bros the least complicated way? (luma-a9lh) thanks

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Help?
FB_IMG_1479482480276.jpg

Ewo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my brother wants to get a9lh on his 11.1.0 3DS XL, and I have a 2DS that has it. I was wondering what the best thing to do is since he's concerned about losing his legit ambassador games in the process of DSihax and I'm not sure if that's an issue. So a question I have is: Can the target 3DS retain its NNID through DSihax?

Here are my options as far as I can tell:
  • Use the current DSihax
  • Wait for the new DSiware 11.1 exploit
  • Get a new N3DS so he can transfer to that and put a9lh on the old one with no worry
  • Get a new N3DS, put a9lh on it, and then transfer the old 3DS XL to the N3DS (Don't know if this would work)

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought pokemon sun and when I put it in it says "Game Card Was Removed" message. I have a CFW with emunand. How can I fix this?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, so in the 4th step in the guide, should I just transfer the EmuNAND data tot eh SysNAND and ignore the rest of the 4th section?

Also, I read in another thread that another user bricked it's N3DS by an enterely low random chance. Is there any remote minimial risk that would happen with my O3DS? The fella said he followed the guide step by step.
If your emuNAND is on the latest version then yes, if not, update it after.
And no, that had to do with the OTP-less method just for N3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just bought pokemon sun and when I put it in it says "Game Card Was Removed" message. I have a CFW with emunand. How can I fix this?
Try updating your emuNAND to the latest version. If that doesn't help then you'll need a9lh so you can have an updated sysNAND. Https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

Is gateway the only way to load 3ds files?

Any ways of loading 3ds files of the sd card inside the 3ds?

Don't like relying on gateway for that stuff lol
.3ds files are for flashcarts. Either Gateway or Sky3DS. If you don't want to use a flashcart then you need installable files, which end in .cia.

So my brother wants to get a9lh on his 11.1.0 3DS XL, and I have a 2DS that has it. I was wondering what the best thing to do is since he's concerned about losing his legit ambassador games in the process of DSihax and I'm not sure if that's an issue. So a question I have is: Can the target 3DS retain its NNID through DSihax?

Here are my options as far as I can tell:
  • Use the current DSihax
  • Wait for the new DSiware 11.1 exploit
  • Get a new N3DS so he can transfer to that and put a9lh on the old one with no worry
  • Get a new N3DS, put a9lh on it, and then transfer the old 3DS XL to the N3DS (Don't know if this would work)
If you follow the guide as written, he will lose his data like Activity Log and Mii Plaza since he will have to format before doing the system transfer. However, he will be able to sign into his original NNID after and redownload his games (if he doesn't have an NNID make sure he gets one beforehand). He can keep his save games by using JKSM to back them up from homebrew before you start.

If he wants to keep his data, you can make a backup of your NAND and have him transfer to your console. After 7 days, when you have Fieldrunners and have loaded the hacked save, transfer back to his console. He won't have lost anything. And you can restore your NAND backup and sign back into your NNID so you won't lose anything either. If he wants an N3DS, your last dot point is a good idea too.

savedatafiler

least complicated way. doesnt have fancy graphics but does the job perfect
Actually JKSM is less complicated and better overall. There's a reason everybody uses JKSM.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Selaht

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi!
I have an old 3ds xl with menuhax+rxtools and I'm trying to update it to arm9loaderhax + luma.
I'm trying to use this tutorial: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started but in the first step it says that i must follow the instructions in sysnand.
The question is: what should I do to boot the sysnand and not the emunand?

Thanks

edit1: trying to boot in sysnand pressing "X" on rxtools options ends in a red screen (bottom) after reboot.

edit2: nvm

Last edited by Selaht,

Zamando

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am currently using an old 3dsXL + a Gateway, altough I have not played for a while, but it seems like it's time for me to move on to A9LH and Luma which seems a lot better and safer.
I am planning to use the plailect guide, but I am wondering about all my old savefiles, I've read this post http://www.3ds-blog.com/tutorial-how-to-import-gateway-3ds-saves-to-cia-games/ which seems like something that might work, but I cannot stop worrying. Is this the best way to keep everything and play it after A9LH + Luma is in place or are there any other better ways to do it?

The most important saves to keep is of course Pokemon, the other stuff I can probably live without.

Thanks!

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My friend just said he is on 11.2 and would like to softmod (he's a sky3ds user atm)... Is there any exploit coming soon to help him?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg