Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I s3

I see. So there is no chance i could play cia games oj my 3ds. Am i right? I really thought it's easy to jailbreak, mod, hack, this new 3ds
Only on 10.7 or less.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, i recently got myself a n3ds non xl. Version is 10.7. I have an older 3ds xl runing a9lh + luma cfw. Im actually kinda on the fence right now with regards to perma-hacking my newly bought 3ds (using the a9lh + luma cfw method)

My question is

1. Are we able to remove a9lh (and if yes, will it be through a hard mod?)
2. Im thinking of keeping my newly bought n3ds's sysnand as is and just making an emunand so that when i choose to sell the ds it'll be "clean"
3. Are there any updated guides for what i am trying to achieve from question 2? So far the only best guide out there in terms of cfw is plailect's guide.

Thanks!
1. Yes, No, you can uninstall by flashing a pre-a9lh backup with Decrypt9 (not Hourglass9) or uninstalling with SafeArm9Installer. No reason to ever do this though. Luma can boot without the SD card now (once you move the payload into system memory), and you can always uninstall homebrew apps like FBI, freeShop etc and no one would be able to tell the difference unless they did a hardmod to backup the NAND and looked at the critical areas byte by byte (or created a luma/payloads folder and put a payload there to see if it would boot it).
2. There is no need to have an emuNAND. A9LH is installed to sysNAND so having an emuNAND will not make the sysNAND any cleaner. All emuNAND does is have another place to install games on, and take up space on your SD card.
3. No - not unless you look at older guides that tell you how to use a CFW with menuhax (outdated now, plus it is dangerous to follow old guides since sometimes old methods and new methods don't mix, plus the old methods were superceded for a reason).

Reactions: rizbizkit

Zamzam1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i already installed luma on my O3DS, before i installed i had sysnand 9.2.0 and emunand 10.5.0 with rxtool
now my cfw luma3ds with sys 11.2.0-35U
but now i cant access eshop, there is an error 007-2001 and 005-5958 when i want update a game
my friend list, miivesre and NNID setting are just fine
fyi my region on NNID and profile at system setting are same (US Region)

can anybody help with this issue?

thanks

Last edited by Zamzam1991,

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Friend's 3DS is on 11.2, and apparently Ninjhax works with it, but the site only goes up to 11.1. What do I put in for the version number?

Delrik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's in the arm9loaderhax download in release.7z

You can put the back plate it without doing up the screws. It'll hold As sling as dupe holding the console with fingers underneath, or have it on a flat surface (don't pick it up by the top screen). Don't do the guide with the back plate off, that's just asking for the battery to fall out.
no it is not

back to looking for links again. The torrents in the arm9loaderhax step are all dead too. Sheesh

I'm on firmware 2.1.0-4U now. Now I can't get past the "Installing arm9loaderhax" step because all the torrents are dead
Were you able to find these three files on step "Installing arm9loaderhax"?

aeskeydb.bin
data_input_v3.zip
fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip

I can't find them anywhere
i got all of them

Anidalife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I found my 3ds in my basement after a couple of years, and would like someone to point me in the right direction. What threads/wikis should i read?
It's an original 3DS on version 4.2.0-9U with gateway. I believe with emuNAND GW3D 9.4.0-21U. What should I be reading to get it working with newer games. (At the time I don't think there were CFW)
I'm OK with starting from scratch if someone can tell me how that works as well, or a direction to understand it, thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
no it is not
Ummm. Yes it is? You may need to go back to computer school at the seniors centre :P
step1.PNG

step2.PNG

step3.PNG

So I found my 3ds in my basement after a couple of years, and would like someone to point me in the right direction. What threads/wikis should i read?
It's an original 3DS on version 4.2.0-9U with gateway. I believe with emuNAND GW3D 9.4.0-21U. What should I be reading to get it working with newer games. (At the time I don't think there were CFW)
I'm OK with starting from scratch if someone can tell me how that works as well, or a direction to understand it, thanks.
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
Any questions about the guide let us know :-)

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

icano194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys. i'm currently installing Luma3ds on my N3DS that had ReiNand on it before now i am at a step that says that i have the option to move my old emunand to the new

"If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND instead of doing the first step in this section."

does that mean keeping the old games and saves? or can i also still put my old saves in it without doing that step?

also i don't really understand this whole step

Section IV - Restoring the System (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax)

1. i have n3ds so thats not up for question
2. ("if your backup is of a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0") - what backup version ?? and
3. update my System? confusing, i'm on 9.20.

so as a n3ds user, i only have to d ostep 3 - updating my system from the settings? or do i skip the whole section if i don't want to move my old emunand into it?

ugh, sorry for all these questions. hope someone can help. Thanks:)

bump. sorry xD

C_Ren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the guide I've gotten to step 8 in
Section III - ctrtransfer where I am supposed to delete my home menu extra data from a 32 character folder. Problem is I have 4 of them. Which one do I delete?

icano194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay i did the other Section :)

Section VI - Finalizing setup
  1. Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)
  2. Select “SD”
  3. Select “cias”
  4. Navigate to FBI.cia and press (A) to install
  5. Navigate to hblauncher_loader.cia and press (A) to install
  6. Navigate to lumaupdater.cia and press (A) to install
  7. Navigate to arm9loaderhax.bin, then press (A) on it and select the “Copy” option
  8. Return to the FBI main menu with (B)
  9. Select “CTR NAND”
does Step 7 imply that there should be an arm9loaderhax.bin in the cias folder? cause there isn't. there is only one in the root of my SD xD

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i did the other Section :)

Section VI - Finalizing setup
  1. Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)
  2. Select “SD”
  3. Select “cias”
  4. Navigate to FBI.cia and press (A) to install
  5. Navigate to hblauncher_loader.cia and press (A) to install
  6. Navigate to lumaupdater.cia and press (A) to install
  7. Navigate to arm9loaderhax.bin, then press (A) on it and select the “Copy” option
  8. Return to the FBI main menu with (B)
  9. Select “CTR NAND”
does Step 7 imply that there should be an arm9loaderhax.bin in the cias folder? cause there isn't. there is only one in the root of my SD xD
I think it means the one on your SD root.

Reactions: icano194

Zamzam1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i already installed luma on my O3DS, before i installed i had sysnand 9.2.0 and emunand 10.5.0 with rxtool
now my cfw luma3ds with sys 11.2.0-35U
but now i cant access eshop, there is an error 007-2001 and 005-5958 when i want update a game
my friend list, miivesre and NNID setting are just fine
fyi my region on NNID and profile at system setting are same (US Region)

can anybody help with this issue?

thanks

please need help.....

Sahasra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I messed up moving my Emunand, I restored my emunand correctly and all my stuff was back on the home menu, but then I also restored my sysnand, I was supposed to skip that step. I'm back on 9.2 but I lost my data, I haven't updated to 11.2 yet, is it safe if I restore my Emunand again ?

edit : restoring my emunand worked

Last edited by Sahasra,

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, sorry ti suddenly interupt all these a9lh disscussions wwith a nearly unreleated topic. So my situation is, I had 2 perfectly working systems (one with a9lh and a standart 11.0 one), with everything working out as it should. Now I did the whole DSi downgrade and continued to install a9lh on it, but as soon as it was installed, instead of setting it newly up, I transfered a movable ctrnand image from my first to my new 3ds (both n3ds models), which worked absolutly fine. Atleast, that was what I thought, but testing the DS funtionality a week later, everything releated to it (DS cartridges, DSiware, even DS downloadplay) just blackscreen'd. I already tryed to troubleshooting from both Luma and the A9lh guide, but it still isnt working. Also GBA games work, so it is not a problem with my boot manager.

So here is some more stuff I tried:
1. An older luma 3ds release and deleating the CTRNand luma version (didnt do anything)
2. the troubleshooting pages (didnt do anything, see text above)
3. backup from before the ctrnand transfer (ds mode suddenly works, but I obvs. want all my content which is now missing)

I ask here since I was blatently ignored in the Decrypt9 thread, but Im pretty sure its releated to the ctrnand transfer going wrong in some kind. Anyone has ideas on how to fix it.

icano194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yay, i installed everything successfully. thanks for all the help in here. i do have some questions now though.

1. can i install any CIA now or do i have to see if its legit etc.
2. do i have to consider anything when wanting to play online
3. can i update my sys firmware now whenever i want?
4. am i able to play ds ware as well?
5. is there any way to convert .3ds to CIA on a MAC

thank you so mich

Last edited by icano194,

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does anyone know what version the new Pokemon Sun/Moon N3DS XL are running? I'm assuming someone in NA or Asia got ahold of one by now. I would guess its running 11.2.0-35. Is 11.2.0-35 still possible to downgrade with DSiware like Fieldrunners?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did